Sign in to follow this  
Tomsz

How to make scope compatible with a Arma2 Weapon for Arma3

Hi guys, I would like to know how I would add a scope to make it compatible with my weapon mod I have from Arma2, like I have tried putting this into the weapons cfg

class CowsSlot : SlotInfo

{

// targetProxy

linkProxy = "\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\TOP";

// display name

displayName = $STR_A3_CowsSlot0;

// class names with items supported by weapon

compatibleItems[] = {"optic_Arco","optic_aco", "optic_ACO_grn","optic_hamr","optic_Holosight"};

};

But before start-up of Arma3 I get undefined basis cows slot info, Or even how would I change the default Zeroing on the current scope attached to the gun would that make it easier? as I am just swapping scopes specifically because I do not know how to edit the Arma2 Weapon scope to change it from 300m to 1000m in the files, any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Now I don;t know too much but shouldn't your dsplay name be something like ** displayname = "Optics Slot" **

I think you're approaching this issue the wrong way. You need to make your A2 weapon compatible with the scope. I think it involves adding a proxy to your A2 Weapon. Now, just to make sure, is this your weapon mod or someone else's weapon mod?

I'm trying to edit someone elses mod for my own use, Though I'm not very good at mod'ing weapons, How would I make the scope compatible for the arma2 weapon? Like what do I need to put into the weapon.cfg file etc? thanks for your help.

I played around with this myself quite a while and i can give you short description (although it is not that little work to do):

For the weapon itself you need to add a TOP/SIDE/MUZZLE proxy (depending on the attachments you want to add; you can find the path to them here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2_Weapon_to_Arma_3) in the resolution LODs (0.000,1.000,...) at the position you want the attachments to be on the gun in the game.

After that you add the code that you posted in the first post if you want to use the BIS attachments. the cowsslot represents the TOP proxy.

if you not planning to use the BIS attachements (its probably easier for the start) you have to create a new model (if the scope is already existing on the a2 weapon, copy the mesh into a new p3d file) and add 0.000 LOD, a shadowLOD, a geometry LOD and a memory LOD. in the memory LOD you need to add a memoy point (BIS named it opticView) that represents your eye looking through the scope.

then you have to add the scope as new item in the cfgWeapon class in the config file of the weapon. the attributes u need can be found in the arma 3 weapon_f pbo (open it with the programm eliteness).

Hopefully you find my post useful, but i have to say it took me hours to figure the whole stuff out so it will probalby take some time until it works as you want.

Edited by flex