Sign in to follow this  
galzohar

Dynamic Take And Secure - Randomized Round-Based No-Respawn A&D

It can be rather easily ported, and has been successfully ported to IFA3.

Mostly you will just need to edit the mission.sqm, which is pretty self-explanatory. Everything else should work. If you want support for additional mods (different weapons or uniforms than those already supported), though, you would also have to edit some scripts.

If you just want to use a different terrain all you have to do is decide which areas are valid for objective positions and where to place the "preparation area" (where you wait between rounds). Then you just have to edit the mission.sqm to represent those decisions :)

Official mission already includes Altis, Stratis and Zargabad support. Look at the mission.sqm to get an idea how porting would work. Again, no scripting is needed for adjusting the mission to a different terrain.

First post updated with video guide of the mission.

Next version will include "ready" check for defenders as well (so only when both defenders and attackers are ready the round will start), some loadout adjustments (still WIP, but vermin SMG is now included for both sides), unstuck option for attacker drivers, increased unstuck time for defenders, and possibly more improvements if I can think of any before the release :)

Edited by galzohar

Next version should also have task force radio support and improved missing mods message for when you join a server running mods that are used by DTAS. Just need to iron out some issues with TFR and play a session with the new version next Saturday (18:00 GMT) to make sure nothing was broken in the process.

Version 1.11:

- Initial Task Force Radio support - Automatic channel and frequency assignments, remove radio from players waiting for next round. When missing the mod on a server running it players will only get a message but still be allowed to play with no radio.

- Tweaked unstuck option and add it to attacker vehicles.

- Reduced minimum insertion distance for boats (70%) and submarines (55%).

- Add spec-ops class with 9mm SMG for attackers and defenders.

- Various minor fixes and tweaks.

First post updated.

Seeing as there are no DTAS events for the next 3 weeks, I've organised a server running DTAS with RHS:E for tonight. Anyone going to be interested?

Seems like new Arma version broke some stuff. I will investigate and fix it once I get home on April 25th (may take a few days to fix all issues).

As I cannot access the game at the moment, so if anyone with scripting knowledge has any idea about which patch changes caused new DTAS issues, please list them to save me some time investigating.

We will be playing the new fixed version tonight at 18:00 GMT (20:00 Israel time) on the Arma-IL IDF PvP server. No mods required. Allowed mods: Task Force Radio (requires teamspeak), JSRS3, CBA_A3, STHUD_A3 and st_stamina_bar. Teamspeak and server IP are ts.arma-il.info (server port 2302).

Events posted as usual on the Steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/arma3pvpcommunity

If all works, new version will be released shortly after the event.

While I cannot reproduce it in a small test case, it seems like every time the player you spectate dies, Arma crashes. If anyone knows any workaround, please let me know, so that I can restore the spectator functionality.

Version 1.12

- Worked around mission parameters bug introduced in Arma 3 version 1.44, which means time of day can no longer be changed. See 0024007.

- Disabled spectator script due to Arma 3 crash bug introduced in Arma 3 version 1.44.

- Removed workaround for fixed Task Force Radio bug.

- Defenders can no longer prevent attackers from capturing by staying in the objective area. The only way to defend it is to kill any attackers attempting to enter. Attackers no longer have to clear the zone from defenders, they only need to enter it.

- Default zone size reduced to 10 meters.

- Attackers can now see the objective capture progress (in %).

- IDF faction will now use equipment from latest IDF mod version.

First post updated, including mission description.

Edited by galzohar

Version 1.13

- Restored spectator script (seems to no longer crash the game).

- Added Titan HE and Titan ammo loadout to attackers.

- Increased default preparation time to 1.5 minutes (3 minutes for first round).

- Integrate new BIS group management system from "End Game" game mode.

First post updated.

Version 1.14

- Reduced default zone radius to 8 meters.

- Adjusted for better IDF mod support.

- BIS Group management now allows changing group name.

- Fixed script that prevents players from changing to side enemy after teamkilling, which helps avoid several bugs.

First post updated.

I've added support for the "End Game" spectator script in DTAS (first person only while spectating, and free camera at the planning phase to get a view of the objective), but there are currently some issues which make me think twice before releasing a version that uses the new script. From the DTAS side of things, it seems like everything is working as good as it can work given the current "End Game" spectator script implementation and interface.

See the spectator script forum thread for more details:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185591-end-game-spectator-feedback/

Hopefully those issues will be fixed and I can release the version using the much nicer spectator script.

• Like 2

I've added support for the "End Game" spectator script in DTAS (first person only while spectating, and free camera at the planning phase to get a view of the objective), but there are currently some issues which make me think twice before releasing a version that uses the new script. From the DTAS side of things, it seems like everything is working as good as it can work given the current "End Game" spectator script implementation and interface.

See the spectator script forum thread for more details:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185591-end-game-spectator-feedback/

Hopefully those issues will be fixed and I can release the version using the much nicer spectator script.

Sounds good dude. Our unit loves to play your mission frequently. The EG spectator would be a great addition

The 29th Infantry Division is happy to continue to support DTAS with our 24/7 US server dedicated to this fatastic game mode from galzohar.

29th Infantry Division [DTAS Server]
74.91.123.6:2302

Keep up the great work galzohar!

Hello all

I love this missions great job,

I have put in a custom spawn area but  i am trying to fix where my sides spawn they can only run a certain radius before they are essentially teleported back to the spawn marker, so people are stuck from exploring the base while we wait/are dead

I thhought it would ba a trigger of somr sort but i cannot see it anywhere in the files

Any help would be great.

Hi,

If you are still trying to change this, there is a part in the script that prevents players exploiting potential holes in the walls of the base to get out of the spawn area.

You can easily adjust the code to your needs.

Look for if (bKeepPlayerInBox) then in roundclient.sqf.