Sign in to follow this  
Ranwer135

Fertilizer Plant explodes in Texas, many injured!

This news just came in Australia from America. A fertilizer plant explodes in West, Texas, after a fire in the plant. The explosion hits miles of land including buildings, vehicles and people. At least 100 are injured and 13 people have been killed in the explosion. For more news and info on the investigation, go to this link:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/04/18/13/36/fertiliser-explosion-rocks-us-town

Here are some photos of the plant explosion:

ap_texas_explosion_30_dm_130418_wg.jpgrtxyq96.jpg?w=360&h=240&crop=1

a reminder that any one of us can be wiped from the face on the earth for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. imagine if you were in a car just driving past one of those fertilizer tanks on your way somewhere.

Autorities said that it was not caused by a criminal act !
Well of course it wasn't a criminal act, it was a fire that spreaded in the plant which caused it to explode! (Please read the link I provided on the first post of this thread before you post!)
Originaly Posted by seamusgod,

a reminder that any one of us can be wiped from the face on the earth for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. imagine if you were in a car just driving past one of those fertilizer tanks on your way somewhere.

I can agree on that seamusgod, one Fertilizer Plant can blow miles of land. 20 times more powerful, and a whole state will be wiped out.

Anyway back to the topic, I hope no more people including emergency service staff people are injured or worse.

Lets hope for no more lives taken and to keep the American people safe.

Ranwer

I can agree on that seamusgod, one Fertilizer Plant can blow miles of land. 20 times more powerful, and a whole state will be wiped out.

Anyway back to the topic, I hope no more people including emergency service staff people are injured or worse.

Lets hope for no more lives taken and to keep the American people safe.

Ranwer

Well, they don't just randomly blow up. It blew up due to pressure differences. It's also likely that most of the fatalities are going to be the first responders who were on scene. Usually at a structure fire like this, they'll shut off access to roads. So a non-responder should not have been on-scene unless it was the property owner.

Turned 43 on 18th an can't remember a single most craziest week I can recall since 911 Fertiliser plant explosion was measured @ 2.1 seismec event :eek:

Turned 43 on 18th an can't remember a single most craziest week I can recall since 911 Fertiliser plant explosion was measured @ 2.1 seismec event :eek:

YIKES! 2.1 is strong as an Earthquake. I recently heared that the Fertilizer plant explosion was so strong, it leveled a lot of buildings. :computer:

3 events happened since 2 weeks: A Military Heli crashed at the border of North Korea, same day as the Boston crisis. And now the Fertilizer Plant exploded in West, Texas (Authorities are not sure how many died in the Plant explosion, only 13 were comfirmed). What is this world coming to. :war:

the 2nd video clearly shows how people are irresponsible ,

stopping car with own kids inside while filming fire of chemical plant from unsafe distance

feel sorry for the kid saying she can't hear after the blast

stopping car with own kids inside while filming fire of chemical plant from unsafe distance

Yeah with 2 girls in car when explosion occurred, very irresponsible.

Oh I thought it was his girlfriend...

Still irresponsible.

I agree 100 percent.

Well maybe those kids in the car didn't expect it to blow up in their faces (they probably thought it was just a fire in the plant).

But I totaly agree that its irresponsible.

Edit: Well at least those kids were lucky in a way to be alive, any closer filming the plant and they would be toast)

Edited by Ranwer

Wall Street Journal: Before the Blast, West Fertilizer’s Monsanto Lawsuit

As details emerge about the Texas fertilizer plant that was the site of Wednesday’s fatal explosion and fire, a few tidbits can be gleaned from a 2007 lawsuit that the plant’s owners filed against agribusiness giant Monsanto Co.

Man, this is the south. If you make it, you make it. If not, you don't.

Why is a fertiliser plant in such a populated area?

I wonder what a Libertarian would say about this, stronger regulations could have protected people here.

I wonder what a Libertarian would say about this, stronger regulations could have protected people here.

Listen Tommy, this is the south where people go on with their lifes and don't cry like babies untill the government does something about the boogy man under their bed. No matter how strong you make regulations there could be even a gas leak lead to an explosion. Life is life. If you don't want to live beside a fertilizer plant don't buy a house there. Or maybee the houses there were cheaper because of that in the first place and people waged risk versus afford.

Why is a fertiliser plant in such a populated area?

Actually this company was inspected by the TCEQ in 2007 (http://www.tceq.texas.gov/news/releases/4-18west). But go on with your smart comments designed to do nothing more than troll.

Anyhow, I live about 250 miles south of West, Texas, and I noticed something odd with all the reporting in the last few days. The media keeps referencing the town as a "small Czech town." I guess that means that most are of Czech heritage? I'm sure this is pointless to even mention. I just found it very interesting.

Photo from one of their recent Czech festivals.

westpaagePEOPLE.jpg

Edited by Hans Ludwig

Or maybee the houses there were cheaper because of that in the first place and people waged risk versus afford.

This is normally the case with anything localised to anything industrial, near where I live there are houses going for bargains as its right in the "smell path" of a fairly large sewerage works.