Sign in to follow this  
adumb

Combat! Addons - WIP Discussion - ArmA3

I wonder when Gurdy will show his M1 model in more advanced development stage, from the early work I seen, it is very promising.

I too, wonder! What I have been able to see, It's going to be one hell of a model when done.

hummerwip13.jpg~original

hummerwip133.jpg~original

It's coming... just slow. :rolleyes:

I too, wonder! What I have been able to see, It's going to be one hell of a model when done.

Yeah, especially after materials I provided to Gurdy.

Besides this we discussed a special bonus, after the initial and most needed variants will be finished, so hopefully Gurdy will be able to model what I suggested and discussed with him.

@Adumb: Looks good. Congratulations ! :bounce3:

Bump! Time for some Abrams... well, the M1A1 AIM, anyway! Still a little bit of model work on the base to go (notably the lack of the M240 mount, which is delayed until I create a M240).

abramsrender_thumb.jpg

Click here for a larger look! (or click here if you want your internet to crash)

Coming soon to a forum near you:

*Attachments--rollers and two plows!

*Tusk I set

*M1 Panther II

Edited by Gurdy

Looks great Gurdy.

Awesome work.

Any chance for the Utility version of the HMMWV from Arma 2? Can't remember it's number, but you should know what I mean. It looks badass!

This thred brings back alot of memories, I'm glad to see combat! making a return to the arma3 scene. Keep up the good work chaps! :)

M1A1AIM model is really great looking, great work Gurdy, hopefully my materials were really helpfull. :)

BTW, one suggestion, are the smoke dischargers at the proper angle? I mean, shouldn't they face towards vehicle front, on screenshot they look to be more angled towards sides.

Edited by Damian90

oh ma gurdy!!

can't wait to see this stuff ingame! i know it's weird but i think arma 3 will feel more "like home" again once we can use these ;)

Wow i wish i had something to point my finger at but all the models we have seen in this thread are just looking amazing :D the level of detail... Oh boy i am really excited about your project and i am looking forward to drive real looking and current in use vehicles of the us military! Keep up the awesome work :)

Ps Bad B i agree with you on that bud

Thanks guys! Comments like these keep us chugging away. :p

Also, keep an eye open for an updated M113A3 soon! It's really coming together quickly.

It's that time again! Some things aren't shown here like USMC smoke dischargers, the older sprocket retaining rings, and the commander's thermal, but they're around! The only other notable thing is the addition of a the non-standard ballistic glass/shield that turn up in Jeff DeRosa's M1A1 resource. This probably won't be on the standard version of the model, but I'll have to put some thought into it. That said, let's get to business:

abramsa1tuskrender_thumb.jpg

Click here for the medium, and here for large.

This looks briliant! Gurdy, you are truly great 3d artist. :)

BTW did You received my PM's? I am not certain if they reached you, I have some problems with internet connection.

It's really nice! It will be nice to play around with this beast.

Wow amazing never realized that the tusk had a 50 on it's main cannon but it looks really badass :) Also will you guys be making sf versions of your humvees?

never realized that the tusk had a 50 on it's main cannon but it looks really badass

It is called AS/AMM (Anti Sniper/Anti Material Mount), it serves as a second, heavy calliber coax. It's history is interesting, such device was designed first in Israel I believe, as a training device for tank gunners (12,7x99mm rounds are cheaper than 105mm and 120mm ones ;)), later it proved to be usefull to engage targets too small for main gun and not worthy it's ammunition, but too good protected for standard 7,62x51mm rounds of the coaxial machine gun.

Americans adopted this solution after their initial experiences in Iraq.

What is however worthy to note, is that M1 tank, from the beggining was designed with different armaments installation, for example the Tank Commander cupola CWS can have besides 12,7mm M2 HMG installed, also can have installed a 7,62mm M240 MG or (at least during prototype stage such armament was considered) it can be armed with 40mm Mk19 GMG. Tough I seen only M2 and M240 installed.

In theory loaders station can also have a different armament than M240. Recently USMC made order for ILWS system, which replace it's standard M240 skid mount, to a M240 installed on a small RWS station operated by the loader.

So M1 can have a very impressive variety of small arms weapon systems installed on it.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

43g4g.jpg~original

Nice work Adumb, I am impressed with the suspension details.