Sign in to follow this  
adumb

Combat! Addons - WIP Discussion - ArmA3

Very detailed job, looks above average!

All I know right now is we will have an M1A1 and an M1A2. What variants, I'm not sure of. We have a new member working on at as I type this! :yay:

Hey if you wish to have some consultation about the M1's, I can help, I have a lot of good and reliable literature about it and it is my "black horse", so eventually I can help. :)

Hey if you wish to have some consultation about the M1's, I can help, I have a lot of good and reliable literature about it and it is my "black horse", so eventually I can help. :)

I will be sure to ask and see. He has been moving along good so far.

Here's a render of Pablo's M113 model with my 50cal on up. Lots, and I mean lots of good stuff is coming to ArmA3. :811:

m113wiprender.jpg:original

I will be sure to ask and see. He has been moving along good so far.

Here's a render of Pablo's M113 model with my 50cal on up. Lots, and I mean lots of good stuff is coming to ArmA3. :811:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/sniperskull/arma3/m113wiprender.jpg:original

Thanks.

By the way, do you plan to add interiors to AFV's like tanks?

Thanks.

By the way, do you plan to add interiors to AFV's like tanks?

That is the over all plan. We have always shot for realistic as possible. If the door opens in real life, I would love to make that door opentable ingame.

That is the over all plan. We have always shot for realistic as possible. If the door opens in real life, I would love to make that door opentable ingame.

Wow, this is nice! :)

COMBAT! Addons are definetely something that will make A3 more interesting.

Bah, isn't that the same high res 50cal you were showing off back in OFP? ;)

Trololololol

(Looks good, darling)

Bah, isn't that the same high res 50cal you were showing off back in OFP? ;)

Trololololol

(Looks good, darling)

Oh, how I wish it was the same model. I lost it plus the new HMMWV model I had made. It's kinda why I dropped off for so long. I lost so much stuff when my HD crashed. I'm still burned by it. :(

Ouch - yeah, I know how many days I ditch addon making when I lose a couple of hours of photoshop work, so a HDD failure would hurt. Should really see about backing my stuff up.

Ouch - yeah, I know how many days I ditch addon making when I lose a couple of hours of photoshop work, so a HDD failure would hurt. Should really see about backing my stuff up.

I try to back everything up now. I've been using drop box, so far so good! It's like SVN without.... the whole SVN thing. :)

I try to back everything up now. I've been using drop box, so far so good! It's like SVN without.... the whole SVN thing. :)

Horrid memories of VBS development surfacing....

(ehhh I had already made this post, but it needed to be approved by a mod? If it is sitting in a queue somewhere already and ends up a double-post, I apologize.)

Nice!

I assume that M1 and M2 will have several different variants, including the more modern ones, right?

I can't speak for the M2, but my current long-term plan with the M1 is to do all of the major variants from the early 2000s on to the most modern available. As the set progresses and the plan matures, I can probably go into more detail. Ideally, we could accommodate the recent conflicts through to any potential near future ones, but I'm focusing on getting the M1A1 and M1A2 base vehicles done and working right now.

Sure! Any help is good help. Feel free to contact me at any time!

You all should keep your eyes out for in-coming M1A1 renders in the near future.

Edited by Gurdy

(ehhh I had already made this post, but it needed to be approved by a mod? If it is sitting in a queue somewhere already and ends up a double-post, I apologize.)

I can't speak for the M2, but my current long-term plan with the M1 is to do all of the major variants from the early 2000s on to the most modern available. As the set progresses and the plan matures, I can probably go into more detail. Ideally, we could accommodate the recent conflicts through to any potential near future ones, but I'm focusing on getting the M1A1 and M1A2 base vehicles done and working right now.

Sure! Any help is good help. Feel free to contact me at any time!

You all should keep your eyes out for in-coming M1A1 renders in the near future.

Ok, so I will contact you, there are some more recent alterations in M1A1 and M1A2 design that should be considered, to not make mistakes.

rg35ingamewip.jpg:original

Little something to look at. :cool:

This is very, very WIP still. Normals, shadows, geo LOD's...

Nice one mate, looks like it belongs already.

Looking forward to more progress :)

Hey COMBAT! team, as I promised, some materials you can work with. I sended to Gurdy some materials via PM, but here is something special.

http://pl.scribd.com/doc/36053193/TB-9-2350-264-12-P-1-M1A1-Abrams-Tank-Urban-Survivability-Kit-TUSK

Above link contains manual for TUSK kit, there is a lot of drawing and photos, so it should be good material to work with on models.

Will this feature a top turret, maybe the .50 you showed of before?

Yes, and a MK19.

Not much to show, been busy with work and picked up a small side job. But I'm back to work on the 50cal now! UV mapping, just how I want to spend my Sunday.

50caluvmapsrender.jpg~original

:don2: Excellent. I remember how awesome Combat's ma-deuce sound was in OFP. I look forward to inflicting much damage.

I wonder when Gurdy will show his M1 model in more advanced development stage, from the early work I seen, it is very promising.