Sign in to follow this  
adumb

Combat! Addons - WIP Discussion - ArmA3

Nice work Adumb, I am impressed with the suspension details.

Thanks! I was able to find a scale model, of all things. Got all kinds of great details from it. Its mind blowing how much time they spend hand making and hand painting some of that stuff.

Edited by Adumb

Great work! What is name of this vehicle?

Great work! What is name of this vehicle?

Buffalo mrap. It'll have an arm that comes off the front end to clear IED's.

Nice work man! Scale modelers is a very good source as they pay attention to every little detail. I wish i had the energy to work like that :(

Nice work man! Scale modelers is a very good source as they pay attention to every little detail. I wish i had the energy to work like that :(

The founders of Combat! (brothers) was into that kinda stuff, it's what got them into looking at OFP and modding it.

Thanks! I was able to find a scale model, of all things. Got all kinds of great details from it. Its mind blowing how much time they spend hand making and hand painting some of that stuff.

Yeah, I wonder you plan to arm these things with some sort of CROWS?

Yeah, I wonder you plan to arm these things with some sort of CROWS?

Yes, I'm working on that as I type this. Getting everything to work in-game is gonna be fun!

Yes, I'm working on that as I type this. Getting everything to work in-game is gonna be fun!

Ha, I discussed some time ago with Gurdy issues with PhysX in case of tracked vehicles, and a rumors about vehicles modularity and capabilities such option would give addon makers. So yeah, it will be fun. ;)

Thanks for answer.I did noticed V shape chassis but I couldn't tell what was it.

Question, what program are you using to model? I have been using 3dsMax but it's really starting to piss me off with the crashes and such. Is this blender?

Question, what program are you using to model? I have been using 3dsMax but it's really starting to piss me off with the crashes and such. Is this blender?

I have been using 3ds max commercially since version 7. For modelling purposes, max rarely crashes (once a year), if at all. And i am talking 10mil+ polygons meshes here. It is not the most stable software out there, but is far from crashing when modelling low-med poly game content.

Like Pufu, I've been using 3ds Max (2011 and 2012 for arma work) for quite a while... mine crashes maybe once every couple of days, though! :p

Like Pufu, I've been using 3ds Max (2011 and 2012 for arma work) for quite a while... mine crashes maybe once every couple of days, though! :p

good christ gurdy, you should really do something about your max, seems sort of sick

as a side note, i am using max daily, be it at home for addon or commercial work, or at the office. And while at my office/work i have a crash once every 3 days on average, i am pushing the scenes up to 20 mil polys, 12k textures, vray proxies, and 3000+ px render resolutions. Not to say about the amount of plugins and scripts used on a daily basis, scenes merges and shit max wrongfully writes in the track editor and or dope sheet.

One plug that crashes my scene every now and then is the TB pro though, especially when the stack has 5-10 modifiers :)

On topic: ohh, somehow i missed this thread thit far: great work everyone involved here. kudos!

good christ gurdy, you should really do something about your max, seems sort of sick

as a side note, i am using max daily, be it at home for addon or commercial work, or at the office. And while at my office/work i have a crash once every 3 days on average, i am pushing the scenes up to 20 mil polys, 12k textures, vray

Hmmm where do I got to edit info. maybe its a memory issue.

good work lads :) nice to see you lot are back

Hello everyone, time for a small update! I'm really trying to have something substantial to post every week... but this isn't one of those weeks. :p Here's a teaser of my WIP (like... very WIP) M1A1 AIM with TUSK I:

tuskteaser_small.jpg

Click here for a bigger view!

In keeping with my plan to accommodate as many circumstances as I can, the paint schemes planned for the M1A1 are as follows:

CARC (shown)

3-tone NATO

UNO White

3-tone Australian

You'll probably see some of the other variants (such as the as-of-yet unshown M1 Panther II) in Olive Drab rather than 3-tone NATO, if it's more appropriate. Who doesn't love more camos? :)

Great to see you guys back producing! Looking forward driving that metal.

Great work. Mind me asking how many hours you've approximately put into the M1 so far?

wow! awesome model and very nice textures too. great to see some good use of light maps. can't wait to see this monster ingame with some vicious engine and canon sounds.:yay:

Nice one guys!

Do you also plan to add interiors to the M1A1 and the M2 ala Steel Beasts Pro?