Hello Moricky, quick question. I'm looking for the script that the makers of the showcases used in the introduction in the mission. Its the Intro before it gives you a birds-eye view of the location. I'm in the process of making a mission for my server so I was wondering how to do this?

Ranwer

That's an OGV video played via the BIS_fnc_titleCard function.

//Initial showcase video
"a3\missions_f_beta\video\SUPPORTS.ogv" spawn BIS_fnc_titlecard;

That's an OGV video played via the BIS_fnc_titleCard function.

//Initial showcase video
"a3\missions_f_beta\video\SUPPORTS.ogv" spawn BIS_fnc_titlecard;

Where abouts does the code go into? does it go into init.sqf or description.ext?

I also saw this too, what file does that one go to too? http://arma.kodered.de/blog/[how-to]-showcase-intro-sat-maps.aspx

Shouldn't you be discussing the titlecard function here too, since it is a key part of mission presentation?

How can I set the "Description" text which is displayed as 3rd line top-left in mission browser (it's not overviewText or onLoadMission)?

Anyone know a good tutorial/documentation on how to build an intro .ogv movie to preceed the mission? Found some old youtube videos for A2, but seem to be using outdated methods.

I decided to pack my mission as Addon, because it has stringtable and must be preloaded.

I created a folder "MyAddon" then put in it my mission "MyMission.Stratis"

and put into "MYAddon" following config.cpp:

class CfgMissions
{
class Missions
{

class MyMissionName
		{

directory = "MyAddon\MyMission.Stratis";

};

};

};

then packed with BinPBO and put the addon in my Addons folder, but Arma 3 isnt reading this addon/config. I have no mission in scenarios and no entry in cfgmissions >> missions in the config.

I have read a lot about it and I am doing 100% correct. where is the problem?

I'd love to get my hands on the template they use for the quote videos at the start of campaign missions, they're way better than establishing shots.

How can I put the right path in campaign description.ext for overviewPicture?

The description.ext is in the root folder of my campaign and the missions are in the Missions folder. My first mission's folder name is "Chesty01.Altis" and in this folder is the preview picture "chesty01.jpg". The dimensions are correct because I used this picture in the mission's description.ext for overviewPicture and it works fine, when the mission was a single mission. But in campaign, no preview picture, just error messages about the patch is wrong.

In first time I tried this in the campaign's description.ext:

class chesty_01: MissionDefault
	{
		briefingName = "Mazi Beachhead";
		author = "bardosy";
		overviewPicture = "\Missions\Chesty01.Altis\chesty01.jpg";
		overviewText = "Landing on Altis";		
		end1 = chesty_02;
		lost = chesty_01;
		template = Chesty01.Altis;
	};

And it won't work, in the campaign menu of Arma3 I got error message about the mission picture.

So I copy this picture into the root folder (same place where is the campaign's description.ext file) and change the overviewPicture = "chesty01.jpg";

But I got the same error message (except it blame the new path).

So how can I add the correct path in the campaign's description.ext?

The path usually starts in the Arma 3 root dir. If your folder setup is correct try "Campaigns\<Campaign Name>\Missions\Chesty01.Altis\chesty01.jpg".

The path usually starts in the Arma 3 root dir. If your folder setup is correct try "Campaigns\<Campaign Name>\Missions\Chesty01.Altis\chesty01.jpg".

Thank you Pete, I will try it at home!

Good luck for your campaign!

Unfortunately, it won't work :(

My campaign's folder name is PersianTale. I use this path for overviewPicture:

Campaigns\PersianTale\Missions\Chesty01.Altis\chesty01.jpg

And I got the same error "chesty01.jpg" is not found.

-------Edit:

I added the campaign overviewPicture with your path and it worked, so I think you misunderstand me. I try to explain my problem: in the campaign's description.ext there are class for the missions and in this mission class there are overviewPicture. What is the path of these pictures?

class Campaign
{
name = "Persian Tale";
firstBattle = Beginning;
briefingName = "Persian Tale";
author = "bardosy";
//It's works fine - thank you!
overviewPicture = "\Campaigns\PersianTale\Missions\Chesty01.Altis\chesty01.jpg";
class Beginning
{
	name = "Persian Tale";
	firstMission = chesty_01;

class chesty_01: MissionDefault
	{
		briefingName = "Mazi Beachhead";
		author = "bardosy";
//But this throw "not found" errors
		overviewPicture = "\Campaigns\PersianTale\Missions\Chesty01.Altis\chesty01.jpg";
		overviewText = "Landing on Altis";		
		end1 = chesty_02;
		lost = chesty_01;
		template = Chesty01.Altis;
	};

Edited by bardosy

Why don't you just use separate description.exts for every mission? Because this is how I got it working with the path I've posted.

EDIT: Ok, now I got it. Thanks for the help!

Please ignore this:

Pete, I use separate description.ext for every mission and the picture is works fine. But in campaign I have to add the picture again.

In the campaign menu, when you open the mission three and select a mission, the picture is come from the campaign.ext's mission class, not from the mission's description.ext. If I don't use overviewPicture in the campaign description.ext (at mission class) there are no preview picture for the missions. But when I start the mission (without a campaign preview picture) in the loading screen there is the picture, because it comes from the mission's description.ext.

Edited by bardosy

Hello.

I have a MPmission. This mission is quite large, with custom textures and sounds. Media resources I rarely updated, and the code often.

Can I separete the sounds, textures and scripts in different PBOs? What should contain PBO archive with textures for correct work?

Edited by LeoDS

^ as far as I know this cannot be done with just a mission pbo file.. you would need to pack your media stuff into an Addon and distribute it with the mission file. Players would need to load the addon to play the mission.

^ as far as I know this cannot be done with just a mission pbo file.. you would need to pack your media stuff into an Addon and distribute it with the mission file. Players would need to load the addon to play the mission.

Ok thx.

Can I connect DLL written on С++ to the client addon?

I am using the mp settings in editor to set the overview and loading screen pictures and somehow overview PAA is always throwing up file not found error but loading screen not (they are same file...)

Anybody has such issue?

• Like 1

On 9/28/2016 at 0:05 AM, Devastator_cm said:

I am using the mp settings in editor to set the overview and loading screen pictures and somehow overview PAA is always throwing up file not found error but loading screen not (they are same file...)

Anybody has such issue?

I've actually encountered the same problem as you.  I've even used my description file to try and get the overview image to work, but to no avail.

Did you ever figure it out?

16 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

nope. I gave up :)
Somehow RHS guys managed to do it as their missions have pictures

It is quite annoying as I have tried various tutorials, etc.  I've tried changing .jpg's to .paa's, but the ImageToPaa always says my jpg is the incorrect size.  Even after I change the size as per forum topics I've read here.  Sorry, I'm too lazy right now to find it and provide the link.

So I figured out how to get .jpg's converted to .paa's in the 2:1 file size.  I've tried adding the image.paa into my mission folder and I've tried a subfolder "images" in my mission folder.  Nothing seems to work, as I keep getting the "can't find image.paa", etc.

Edited by kman_(kya)
Update Reply