Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

Hellenic Armed Forces MOD (HAFM) - Weapons [ALPHA] Release v1.0

Mate ... I don't mean to be rude either but I have a lot of work to do tweeking this release ... so I preffer to produce a better addon than waisting my time compiling pictures ... please believe me ... I'm saying that without any intention to offend you.

Thanks for understanding my point as I can undestand yours ... be sure that at next update I'll take the time compiling a better presentation.

Again, I hate to drive this point further, and this will be my final point. I would like to draw your attention to the armaholic post featuring your release. No screenshots... I'd say the majority of people who check armaholic scroll through the posts and download things that catch their eye. And I'll bet that there are no screenshots in that post because you didn't include any in the top of this thread. If you are looking for people to download your mod, promote it, and create custom missions for it you need to market it better.

You say "you have a lot of work tweaking the release", I'd say presentation and proper publication of mods and releases is a million times more important. I hope you take this into consideration.

Just my opinion though.

Again, I hate to drive this point further, and this will be my final point. I would like to draw your attention to the armaholic post featuring your release. No screenshots... I'd say the majority of people who check armaholic scroll through the posts and download things that catch their eye. And I'll bet that there are no screenshots in that post because you didn't include any in the top of this thread. If you are looking for people to download your mod, promote it, and create custom missions for it you need to market it better.

You say "you have a lot of work tweaking the release", I'd say presentation and proper publication of mods and releases is a million times more important. I hope you take this into consideration.

Just my opinion though.

Have a search for my releases so far (for ArmA 1 and 2 series) ... you will notice that all of them have proper presentation with pictures of the addons etc.

Anyway, as I told you, I've understood your point so there is no need for further discussion about that.

Thanks for the mod, great to see the HK21 in ArmA, been a personal favourite MG for a while now.

Could you make the m4's, mp5's, and maybe HK21's (if you make a variant with the drum sight, maybe?) be animated in terms of moving around while you zero? This could be achieved by using the "zeroing1" animation controller, which reads what index you are at in the zeroing. Might work on the m4 carry handle too.

Also, would it be possible to add to the sighting mechanism on the HK21 by adding in the proper zeroing values? I believe its 100-1200m with 100m increments. Maybe a picatinny rail adapter would be nice as well, something like on the mp5, to let us use some of the neat modular sights.

The optics sight issue is due to the way BIS implemented the different optics, I think one would have to use a compatibility mod to fix the issue, at least at this moment. Should affect the Russians mod and the Canadian mod atm, since both of those add optics to all guns.

Thanks for the mod, great to see the HK21 in ArmA, been a personal favourite MG for a while now.

HK21 is an import from my ArmA 1 mod so it still needs a lot of work to be done on it mate ... lets say that this specific weapon is still at PRE-ALPHA version :)

Could you make the m4's, mp5's, and maybe HK21's (if you make a variant with the drum sight, maybe?) be animated in terms of moving around while you zero? This could be achieved by using the "zeroing1" animation controller, which reads what index you are at in the zeroing. Might work on the m4 carry handle too.

I'm completely unfamiliar with this new kind of animation but I promise to study more about and do my best.

Also, would it be possible to add to the sighting mechanism on the HK21 by adding in the proper zeroing values? I believe its 100-1200m with 100m increments. Maybe a picatinny rail adapter would be nice as well, something like on the mp5, to let us use some of the neat modular sights.

A "sighting mechanism" ... I'm not sure I've undestood what exactly do you mean by that ... can you point me to some direction ?

I was thinking also about adding sight attachments ability on this weapon so I'll work to that direction soon.

The optics sight issue is due to the way BIS implemented the different optics, I think one would have to use a compatibility mod to fix the issue, at least at this moment. Should affect the Russians mod and the Canadian mod atm, since both of those add optics to all guns.

Optic issues ... I'm still trying to find what causes conflict with some addons/mods ("Russians mod" is one of them) ... so far the only solution I found is to make my weapons work properly with all of my attachments plus original ones, but no other attachments (optics mostly) can be used. Also by that way my optics can't be used to other mods plus on original weapons ... still I'm very confused about that. I have no idea if it is my fault or some issue that BIS has to fix at the end.

Is the mp5 supposed to have negative recoil? Firing pushes the muzzle down.

A "sighting mechanism" ... I'm not sure I've undestood what exactly do you mean by that ... can you point me to some direction ?

I was thinking also about adding sight attachments ability on this weapon so I'll work to that direction soon.

Sorry, I just worded that poorly :rolleyes:. I was trying to ask whether it would be possible to have the zeroing values on the HK be 100-1200m in increments of 100, rather than the default values it has right now. Great to hear you're thinking of adding the ability to add sights, can't wait to see how the HK21 looks in the end.

Optic issues ... I'm still trying to find what causes conflict with some addons/mods ("Russians mod" is one of them) ... so far the only solution I found is to make my weapons work properly with all of my attachments plus original ones, but no other attachments (optics mostly) can be used. Also by that way my optics can't be used to other mods plus on original weapons ... still I'm very confused about that. I have no idea if it is my fault or some issue that BIS has to fix at the end.

I'm pretty sure its a BIS issue, because you have to modify one single class for adding new optics or other attachments, and you can only set it to some value rather than being able to add various items to whatever others are already there.

As any other weapon in this game I believe.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Sorry, I just worded that poorly :rolleyes:. I was trying to ask whether it would be possible to have the zeroing values on the HK be 100-1200m in increments of 100, rather than the default values it has right now. Great to hear you're thinking of adding the ability to add sights, can't wait to see how the HK21 looks in the end.

I'm not sure that can be done in case you are talking for user action menu selection (about zeroing I mean) ... I'll have a closer look anyway.

I'm pretty sure its a BIS issue, because you have to modify one single class for adding new optics or other attachments, and you can only set it to some value rather than being able to add various items to whatever others are already there.

Today I've spend about 8 hours trying to figure out what can causes this issue ... still I've no progress to present and still I'm confused ... I'll keep looking for it but I don't know if I'm able to find an other solution than making my optics unique for my weapons (which would be also capable to use the default optic accessories but no other than these).

Edited by Aplion

I must apologize for my previous answer as you are absolutely right my friend ... I'm not sure what causes this but I'll search about and I'll fix it.

Thanks again and sorry I was so stubborn before :)

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

UPDATE ... MP5 Recoil fixed ... :)

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

... improvements so far ...

Optic accessories are now placeable only to my weapons and all default ones are also selectable and usable (this has been done in order to avoid other addons/mods conflicts).

The M4 Ironsight on MP5 issue is fixed.

M1911 and M72 LAW aiming has been tweeked.

Aimpont and Eotech sight collimators improved for better view during day and night (using NVG)

M4 Carryhandle aiming ring is now bigger (the hole) in order to provide better and more realistic view (I've been tried to make it selectable between "close" and "far" distance targeting - user selectable - with no luck so far).

Some shadow issues have been fixed.

MP5 sounds are replaced by real ones.

MP5 negative recoil issue fixed.

HK21 has now capability of adding some optic attachments.

Accessories and Supply crates now includes also some default optic attachments.

My optic attachments classnames have been changed for unique naming (to avoid future conflicts with other addons).

Edited by Aplion

Very nice to hear.

I hope Six-Updater will get informed/updated on the news when new version comes out..

I must apologize for my previous answer as you are absolutely right my friend ... I'm not sure what causes this but I'll search about and I'll fix it.

Thanks again and sorry I was so stubborn before :)

hey no worries dude, i've had a blast playing around with your pack and icewindo's swat guys

UPDATE v1.1

th_HAFM-WEAPONS2_zps442d30fd.jpg

In this update have been implemented all (or the most) improvements derived from community feedback.

I want to thank you all for the help has been provided so far.

We'll keep improving the addon/mod which still must be considered as [ALPHA] version.

NOTE : This new version completely replaces all previous files.

Changelog

[list]
[*]Optic accessories are now placeable only to my weapons and all default ones are also selectable and usable (this has been done in order to avoid other addons/mods conflicts).
[/list]
[list]
[*]The M4 Ironsight on MP5 issue is fixed.
[/list]
[list]
[*]M1911 and M72 LAW aiming has been tweeked.
[/list]
[list]
[*]Aimpont and Eotech sight collimators improved for better view during day and night (using NVG)
[/list]
[list]
[*]M4 Carryhandle aiming ring is now bigger (the hole) in order to provide better and more realistic view
[/list]
[list]
[*]Some shadow issues have been fixed.
[/list]
[list]
[*]MP5 sounds has been replaced.
[/list]
[list]
[*]MP5 negative recoil issue fixed.
[/list]
[list]
[*]HK21 has now capability of adding some optic attachments.
[/list]
[list]
[*]Accessories and Supply crates now includes also some default optic attachments.
[/list]
[list]
[*]My optic attachments classnames have been changed for unique naming (to avoid future conflicts with other addons).
[/list]

Updated Classnames

WEAPONS

HAFM_M4A1_EMPTY
HAFM_M4A1_M203
HAFM_M203
HAFM_MP5A4
HAFM_MK12_SPR
HAFM_M60E4
HAFM_HK21
HAFM_Colt1911
HAFM_LAW

MAGAZINES

30Rnd_556x45_STANAG (Default)
1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell (Default)
UGL_FlareWhite_F (Default)
UGL_FlareGreen_F (Default)
UGL_FlareRed_F (Default)
UGL_FlareYellow_F (Default)
UGL_FlareCIR_F (Default)
1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokeYellow_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokePurple_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell (Default)

HAFM_MP5A4_Mag
HAFM_20rnd_Mk12_762
HAFM_M60_762
HAFM_HK21_762
HAFM_1911_Mag
HAFM_M72_Rocket

OPTICS

HAFM_optic_m4_ironsight_handle
HAFM_optic_m4_aimpoint
HAFM_optic_m4_eotech
HAFM_optic_m4_acog

MUZZLES

HAFM_M4_muzzle_snds_556
HAFM_MP5_muzzle_snds_9mm
HAFM_Colt1911_muzzle_snds_45

FLASHLIGHTS

HAFM_acc_flashlight_mp5

CRATES

HAFM_Weapons_box
HAFM_Ammo_box
HAFM_Acc_box
HAFM_Full_box

Download Primary Link :

CLICK HERE (Mediafire Link).

Armaholic Link :

CLICK HERE

Edited by Aplion

Updated on the SIX Updater Network, thanks for notification!

Updated on the SIX Updater Network, thanks for notification!

Sorry Sickboy there must be a mistake.

HAFM updated version exists as A2 mod in SU (@HAFM v1.1 updated April 22 /2013)

Edited by GiorgyGR

Sorry Sickboy there must be a mistake.

HAFM updated version exists as A2 mod in SU (@HAFM v1.1 updated April 22 /2013)

I have informed already Sickboy about this issue, I believe that it would be fixed the soonest possible.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Thank you very much for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks mate ... link added to my post also.

Edited by Aplion

Eotec's glass texture is pointing to your desktop, so the texture doesnt work.

I'll fixed right away ... I apologize for my mistake.

It's nice to see realistic scopes/weapons in arma 3 though, thanks.

Thanks for headsup mate :)

As there was an issue with my Eotech (one texture with wrong path in p3d) in last released version, I've decided to give another update, fixing that issue.

As before, this completely replaces all mod files.

Changelog v1.2

• Eotech texture with wrong path in p3d issue fixed.

Download Link : CLICK HERE

Aplion

Edited by Aplion

hi Guys,

i love your phantastic Mod and we are able to open our "classic Enemies" C&H Server today. I have one Problem. I cant put the M4 Items in a Ammobox(except to silencer). I always get a weapon.cfg Error. with "reduced" Items(Items for sides only) in Virtual AB the same, the Items are not present. :(.

Please help me !

thx in advance

Thunder666;2382747']hi Guys' date='

i love your phantastic Mod and we are able to open our "classic Enemies" C&H Server today. I have one Problem. I cant put the M4 Items in a Ammobox(except to silencer). I always get a weapon.cfg Error. with "reduced" Items(Items for sides only) in Virtual AB the same, the Items are not present. :(.

Please help me !

thx in advance[/quote']

There are some classes within "ammo" - "items" - "magazines" and "weapons" that should have into boxes. In my boxes for example I've set the optics + silencers (which belong to "items") to be placeable into my "Accessories" and "Supply" boxes ... so you probably can't place them into an "Ammo Box" (mine or default I suppose). Try to use either my "Acc box" or "Supply box" ... or again try to use the default accessories boxes instead of any Ammo boxes.

Let me know if that helped you.

Aplion

thx 4 quick answer !

so i tried to put the M4 optics in your ACC Box with additemCargo...No chance, cfgbin error. So which class the optics have ? Your acc Box is nice but for a 50 Guys C&H i need more Items :).

thx in advance