Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

Hellenic Armed Forces MOD (HAFM) - Weapons [ALPHA] Release v1.0

arma3HAFMreleases_zpsdda082b6.jpg

This is the [ALPHA] release of Hellenic Armed Forces MOD (HAFM) - Weapons part of the MOD.

NOTE : No change of classnames, textures, models, or any other part of the mod is permitted without prior written notice by me.

This addon is released modfolder ready, signed with server key included.

In this release you will find :

[b]WEAPONS[/b]

M4A1 Rifle.
M4A1-M203 Rifle.
HK MP5-A4 Submachine gun.
M12 SPR Marksman Rifle.
M60E4 Heavy Machinegun.
HK-21 Light Machinegun.
Colt M1911 Pistol.
M72 LAW.

[b]OPTICS[/b]

M4 CarryHandle Ironsight Optic.
ACOG Optic.
Red Dot Aimpoint Optic.
Eotech Optic.

[b]MUZZLES[/b]

M4 Silencer.
MP5 Silencer.
M1911 Silencer.

[b]FLASHLIGHTS[/b]

MP5 handguard fwd flashlight

[b]CRATES[/b]

Weapons Box
Ammo Box
Accessories Box
Supply Box

CLASSNAMES :

[b]WEAPONS[/b]

HAFM_M4A1_EMPTY
HAFM_M4A1_M203
HAFM_M203
HAFM_MP5A4
HAFM_MK12_SPR
HAFM_M60E4
HAFM_HK21
HAFM_Colt1911
HAFM_LAW

[b]MAGAZINES[/b]

30Rnd_556x45_STANAG (Default)
1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell (Default)
UGL_FlareWhite_F (Default)
UGL_FlareGreen_F (Default)
UGL_FlareRed_F (Default)
UGL_FlareYellow_F (Default)
UGL_FlareCIR_F (Default)
1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokeRed_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokeYellow_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokePurple_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell (Default)
1Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell (Default)

HAFM_MP5A4_Mag
HAFM_20rnd_Mk12_762
HAFM_M60_762
HAFM_HK21_762
HAFM_1911_Mag
HAFM_M72_Rocket

[b]OPTICS[/b]

HAFM_optic_m4_ironsight_handle
HAFM_optic_m4_aimpoint
HAFM_optic_m4_eotech
HAFM_optic_m4_acog

[b]MUZZLES[/b]

HAFM_M4_muzzle_snds_556
HAFM_MP5_muzzle_snds_9mm
HAFM_Colt1911_muzzle_snds_45

[b]FLASHLIGHTS[/b]

HAFM_acc_flashlight_mp5

[b]CRATES[/b]

HAFM_Weapons_box
HAFM_Ammo_box
HAFM_Acc_box
HAFM_Full_box

Info about the MOD and relative discussion at : CLICK HERE

MOD has been updated to v1.2 so please read and download from : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153332-Hellenic-Armed-Forces-MOD-(HAFM)-Weapons-ALPHA-Release-v1-0&p=2380715&viewfull=1#post2380715

Aplion

Edited by Aplion

Screenshots please

Look again at my post ...

Firstly, thank you for sharing your work.

Secondly, there are some bugs: none of the sights are mountable on the m4 now. Looks like you either have not added the top proxy in o2 or forgotten to list your attachments as compatible in the config.

Edit: default sights are mountable so clearly proxies are there. There are issues when defaults sights are attached, though. If you add aco (green or red) the sight seems to be too low and the reticule is obscured. With holo the sight seems to be slightly misaligned (too far to the right). Hope you can get these ironed out cause it's nice to have as many weapons as we can. I was looking forward to trying out that aimpoint, but I can't :(

Edited by GvsE

Secondly, there are some bugs: none of the sights are mountable on the m4 now. Looks like you either have not added the top proxy in o2 or forgotten to list your attachments as compatible in the config.

I think you are wrong ... I've check it again right now and all sights are mountable ... I'm talkin about my sights of course (which included into my accessories and supply boxes)

For example ...

http://prntscr.com/11404m

http://prntscr.com/1140as

Hmm, I swear to you I cannot add these attachments. Suppressors work fine, flashlights as well, but your custom M4 top sights are not mountable.

Edit: default sights are mountable so clearly proxies are there. There are issues when defaults sights are attached, though. If you add aco (green or red) the sight seems to be too low and the reticule is obscured. With holo the sight seems to be slightly misaligned (too far to the right). Hope you can get these ironed out cause it's nice to have as many weapons as we can. I was looking forward to trying out that aimpoint, but I can't :(

I haven't try to make default sights to be completely aligned on the M4 ... I gave all my attention to my sights ... unfortunately I believe that moving the proxy for better default sights alignemet will cause misalignement for my sights ... anyway I'll see what I can do in the future.

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Hmm, I swear to you I cannot add these attachments. Suppressors work fine, flashlights as well, but your custom M4 top sights are not mountable.

I'm not using any other mods/addons ... are you ? maybe is a conflict with something else so it would be good to know.

Also I did another test with a default sight ... http://prntscr.com/1144fr ... the alignement looks fine to me !!

Edited by Aplion

You are right. I launched the game with your addon only and now the sights are mountable. I will be checking which addon conflicts with yours and will post the results later.

You are right. I launched the game with your addon only and now the sights are mountable. I will be checking which addon conflicts with yours and will post the results later.

Appreciate that so at next update I'll fix some classnames in order to avoid this conflict.

OK, I have narrowed it down to the "Russians" http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148045-Russians

Nothing else causes the problem.

Now, if I can make a suggestion for the future updates, then I'd highly recommend that you make the weapons fit the default attachments perfectly. The beauty of the modular system is that finally the user can decide which attachments to use, and it's a bit of a let down when something goes wrong there. After all you can also decide to extend the compatibility of your weapons with other custom attachments, and problems may start cropping up if your weapon is not aligned with default sights.

Hope you do not mind these comments. Once again, thank you kindly for sharing your work with the community!

OK, I have narrowed it down to the "Russians" http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148045-Russians

Nothing else causes the problem.

Now, if I can make a suggestion for the future updates, then I'd highly recommend that you make the weapons fit the default attachments perfectly. The beauty of the modular system is that finally the user can decide which attachments to use, and it's a bit of a let down when something goes wrong there. After all you can also decide to extend the compatibility of your weapons with other custom attachments, and problems may start cropping up if your weapon is not aligned with default sights.

Hope you do not mind these comments. Once again, thank you kindly for sharing your work with the community!

Thanks both for the info and suggestion ... I'll keep it in mind for future releases.

Edit : I've looked the "Russians" addon config for common classnames but with no luck ... I can't figure out what causes the conflict with that addon ... I'll keep searching anyway.

Edited by Aplion

Hey..some suggestions!

• M4 "Ironsight carry-handle" it's placeable also to MP4

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139908083

Edited by GiorgyGR

Hey..some suggestions!

Thanks for this creative feedback mate ... I'll keep all these for the future release or an update.

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Thank you very much for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thank you very much mate ... appreciated :)

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Hey..some suggestions!

An update for you mate ...

M4 Ironsight on MP5 ... fixed

M4 Ironsight Carry-handle shadow issue ... fixed

M4 Ironsight Carry-handle peek-hole ... not sure that need to be different ... you see there two modes on that ... one for close targets and one for long ones ... the "tiny" hole is for the long distance targets ... anyway maybe I'll reconsider this at next update.

MP5 sounds ... these sounds are from ArmA II and are without silencer ... there is a noticeable difference when using a silencer ... but still the sound needs tweekening so it will be replaced at next update.

Holo/Aimpoint issues ... for the Eotech I knew that there was a problem according player position in conjuction with Sun position ... for the Aimpoint I haven't noticed any issue but if you say so I'll have a better look. Also the NVG look issue for Eotech was a nice catch ... :)

I hope that these remaining issues will be fixed at next update.

Thanks again.

Edited by Aplion

hey man,

I too would rather see the ironsight ring on the m4 somewhat bigger. You are right that the smaller one is for long range, but in the game world the one you have now obstructs too much view. Hope you will reconsider.

Btw, that m4 is a very nice model. It's somewhat more polished than the other weapons, right? ;)

Glad you dont mind the critical comments! I look forward to future updates. :)

M4 Ironsight Carry-handle peek-hole ... not sure that need to be different ... you see there two modes on that ... one for close targets and one for long ones ...

In case you already included both 2 modes in "Carry-handle" accessory..sorry it wasn't worked for me (i tried changing optics mode..)-only the Long-range mode works as "Default" (..and only this)

If you are planning to change something..it would be nice to make as "Default" the *Close range mode-so it could be useful for CQB too.

Edited by GiorgyGR

M4 Ironsight Carry-handle peek-hole ... not sure that need to be different ... you see there two modes on that ... one for close targets and one for long ones ... the "tiny" hole is for the long distance targets ... anyway maybe I'll reconsider this at next update.

Is there a way that we could switch between the large ghost ring and the peep sights on the same A2 carry handle? That'd be incredible.

Is there a way that we could switch between the large ghost ring and the peep sights on the same A2 carry handle? That'd be incredible.

Maybe using the alternate sights function, like with a red dot sight on top of a HAMR?

I was also thinking to try this ... otherwise I'll just change it to short distance view (as the most people here want).

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Just a quick update/question for the M4 ironsight ghost ring ... http://prntscr.com/117zuv ... is that better ? let me know your opinions.

Look again at my post ...

I don't mean to be rude, but why should we have to go through 7 pages of posts in your "WIP thread" to find the images of your released mod? Just put a compilation of all the screenshots in the first post.

I don't mean to be rude, but why should we have to go through 7 pages of posts in your "WIP thread" to find the images of your released mod? Just put a compilation of all the screenshots in the first post.

Mate ... I don't mean to be rude either but I have a lot of work to do tweeking this release ... so I preffer to produce a better addon than waisting my time compiling pictures ... please believe me ... I'm saying that without any intention to offend you.

Thanks for understanding my point as I can undestand yours ... be sure that at next update I'll take the time compiling a better presentation.

Edited by Aplion

I was also thinking to try this ... otherwise I'll just change it to short distance view (as the most people here want).

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Just a quick update/question for the M4 ironsight ghost ring ... http://prntscr.com/117zuv ... is that better ? let me know your opinions.

:icon14: Looks pretty close to what I shoot out of. Now if you get alternate sights working with the peep sight, I'll swoon every time I see this carry handle in game. lol.