Sign in to follow this  
midwoods

ARMA 3 CrossFireX support

Sorry if this post is redundant but does anyone know if ARMA 3 supports AMD CrossFireX?

I have tried to make a profile via Catalyst (13.1) but the game still won't utilize the second GPU.

If the game simply doesn't support multiple GPUs yet then I apologize for asking, hopefull support will be added soon :bounce3:

The game does support multi gpu's as far as I know.

I had no issues with crossfire running on my old 6950's.

I use msi after burner for overclocking and monitoring usage. Since near launch of the alpha my second gpu had always been utilized by the game.

There is currently no pre-defined profile from AMD, but using the default crossfire settings my set up worked.

Try running with all default settings from AMD, not creating a profile. You could try to use the old arma2 profile from amd and see if you get any results.

i seen threads and complaints from people that the game has bad performance with sli and crossfire.

i have 3 cards in crossfire and arma does not use them good. alots of trotteling between/on the cards. jumping up/down on mem frequense so on.

for me there is no improvement running with 1 graphic card or 3 grapic card.

i can only X my fingers and hope this will be fixed at some point.

CrossFire and SLI is responsibility of the IHV and theirs drivers / driver profiles ...

CrossFire and SLI is responsibility of the IHV and theirs drivers / driver profiles ...

you should pretend that some of us dont know what IHV is ...unless you are refeering to http://www.icehockeyvictoria.org.au/ in which case im not sure how aussie hockey fits in with video cards.....

Independent hardware vendor

thnx, googling IHV comes up with ALOT of stuff.

Crossfire was working fine for me on my HD6950 2gb, and is working fine again on my HD7950 3gb OC setup.

All default, no custom profiles.

what drivers? i see no performance difference between in fps with cf enabled or disabled with 7970 cf 13.3 beta3

There's no performance difference if the bottleneck is elsewhere. (cpu)

You can up the render resolution for an extra-sharp image, that eats up a lot of gpu power.

what do you know crossfire can work a bit big boost in the first test but not so much in the rest

2600k@4.7ghz

using this benchmark http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151794-ArmA3Mark-Benchmark-your-ArmA-3

3840x2160 8xaa all details maxed

crossfire disabled nTest One - 24.1841\nTest Two - 25.0545\nTest Three - 18.6695\nTest Four - 19.4301\nTest Five - 20.6165 OFPMark is 2159.09

crossfire enabled nTest One - 38.0181\nTest Two - 25.1354\nTest Three - 22.5264\nTest Four - 21.6724\nTest Five - 21.0793 OFPMark is 2568.63

at a lower res and with aa off those last few tests score a fair bit higher so there not completely limited by the cpu yet crossfire isnt scaling real well in them

--------------------nTest One - 55.6129\nTest Two - 40.4999\nTest Three - 35.862\nTest Four - 39.6957\nTest Five - 40.1681\OFPMark is 4236.77

so your right it is working just not real well yet which is all you can expect for a game thats still in alpha i guess

Alright, after a lot of messing around with some custom profiles I've found that switching "AMD CrossFire Mode" to "Optimize 1x1" from "defualt mode" forces the seconds (and presumably 3r and 4th cards) to be recruited in game (see picture below). For example, when the setting was set to default my first card was recruited at 90-100 % load. When I switched to optimize 1x1 both cards were utilized, but there was a catch: the cards would not run steadily at a 90-100 % load, instead the cards changed constantly between 50 and 100 %. In addition I sometimes noticed flickering when viewing the in game map. I used MSI Afterburner 3.0 (beta 9) to monitor GPU loads and have Catalyst 13.1 installed.

Even though both are are rarely recruited at a full load I'd I'm enjoying the increased frame rate, at the very least I'm getting the same FPS as if I was simply using one card, and at best performance is almost double :yay:

I'm guessing that were going to have to wait until AMD and Nvidia includes profiles for the game in future drivers or the guys at BI add support in a future update or possible in the beta this summer.

roFte1b.jpg

i suggest to install 13.3 beta 3 Catalyst, it fixes lot of multi GPU perf issues

i suggest to install 13.3 beta 3 Catalyst, it fixes lot of multi GPU perf issues

Thanks for tip Dwarden but when I install 13.3 I loose my windows power settings to I have to revert back to 13.1.

By the way, since I see your a developer I'd just like to say amazing work with the Alpha and I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for the beta, let alone the final release!

Hello ALL!

Now 2015, I have ARMA3 and the powerful dual-processor videocard (HD7990) with modern drivers from AMD (Omega 14.12)

And I have trouble with crossfirex. Arma 3 isn't able to work with two chips well!!! As a result, FPS is too small for good gaming in resolution 1920*1200 (25-40fps) >:-\

I tried a set of the modes ("AMD CrossFire Mode" to "Optimize 1x1" from "defualt mode"), but FPS didn't become more..

Than I begin to find answer on this problem and that I found this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-290x-hawaii-review,3650-8.html

quote "It’d appear that AMD’s Radeon HD 7990 doesn’t have the CrossFire profile it’d need to properly support Arma."

arma-19-and-25-fr.png

Fps has to be same as at gtx 690! These are videocards of one level.

Bohemia interactive, Please, say tell owners of the HD 7990 where we need to write that made a good crossfirex profile (AMD or You)???

PLEASE fix this problem!!!!!!!

Edited by bonddd
add some text

I have 2X R9 290 and see no gain in using a second card.

I've got an R9 280x Direct CU II, and wondered if I'd get much FPS improvement by getting another card.

I run at 3440x1400 on a 21:9 widescreen monitor, so lots of pixels to push around.

I like the look of the GTX 980Ti Direct CU III, but they're too expensive at the moment, wondered if I could get s good boost for a lot less money with a second R9.

Anyone have any thoughts?