Sign in to follow this  
brad7

Mission Help

Currently editing one of my missions and i have come to a dead end if anybody could help it would be great. I have a Civ in an compound area with about 10 Opfor troops and i have set him a hold waypoint in the compound sync'd to not present trigger and the second waypoint to join buefor synced to a radio trigger but as soon as the mission starts the civ just legs it away. Any suggestions?

[removed all waypoints/ect for the civ and he still runs off]

Edited by brad7

a hold waypoint is something I could never get to work for myself in the past....try not giving the civ unit any waypoint at all (he should stay put) and name the unit. You can then place a trigger around him so that when bluefor enters the area he will join the bluefor group (not sure if thats what youre trying to do), or you could also use a radio trigger to make him join the bluefor group (dont forget to name the bluefor group).

Alright ill try that cheers.

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

No, still dosent work he walks abit then sprints off...

yea, i tried it for you a few times here...no good (unless you want to face him away from the opfor units so he wont see them...or try placing him inside a building perhaps). The Civ behavior is messed up...if you try with another unit (like bluefor) and setcaptive with no ammo it works fine...he stays...but the civs won't...i tried dostop too, didnt help.

Ok thanks ill try that tomorrow, would be more fitting i suppose for him to be bluefor anyway thanks.

Nahhh still cant get it to work he just ends up wandering off...

PM me and ill send you my email...if you send me the mission I'll take a look at it for you.

Don't matter i kind of figured it, its because he keeps spotting the enemies so ive just messed around with the commands - nothing like i wanted it but its something that will do cheers for the help anyway :-)

Ceeb got it right..., in the init field of the civ unit type:

this allowfleeing 0

If there is fighting going on close by to him he will still move around and crawl in an attempt to not get hurt, however he will not run far from the area. If there is no fighting going on it seems he stays still.

you also can try to give the civ a name then

this disableAi "Move" in the init from the civ.

you can enable his movement again ( with trigger or script ) civname enableAI "move";

Ive fixed this now and atlast finished the mission but one last question....how do i set up parameters so when the mission is in multiplayer lobby the weather can be changed acordingly?

Thanks

you might like to learn how to use this scripting package...it has what you want (although the tasks/briefing portion needs to be updated because they dont track correctly in certain situations):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149231-F3-Mission-Development-Framework-(F2-for-ArmA-3)

For briefings/tasks use this (works very well even after saving/resuming missions):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151680-FHQ-TaskTracker

thanks for that ive had a look and the weather system is yet to be implemented?

not sure if the weather is working right now or not...but it'll show you how to set it all up within the params screen at least.

BTW - this post should probably be moved to the A3 Scripting/Editing forum where you might find better luck getting answers to mission making type questions by those who are most adept at it.

Edited by BigShot