Hey Guise, presenting you my first ever ArmA mod (:o), the H&K USP pistol, both the 9 mm and .45 versions.

Both are compatible with the vanilla scopes, flashlight and silencers, the 9 mm version using the vanilla one, and the .45 using a custom one. Both versions have custom magazines with the correct bullet counts. The mod includes a box with both weapons, magazines and attachments.

Please tell me what you think, and how I can improve this.

Screenshots

CmivwPVs.jpg 3LhDbg4s.jpg 8SNvY1Ss.jpg U8mdrlxs.jpg iUXehX0s.jpg 1wBofcjs.jpg OaXEzRMs.jpg

Download

v1.2: https://mega.co.nz/#!I58lERwR!LOAF_jal22Ew5pP7jwKipnH5Hx9J9K-udYV_6LIPJIg

Older Versions:

Info

Classnames:

• USP 9mm: "Flummi_USP_9mm"
  • USP Tan 9mm: "Flummi_USP_9mm_tan"
  • USP .45: "Flummi_USP_45"
  • USP Tan .45: "Flummi_USP_45_tan"
  • 15Rnd 9mmx19 magazine: "Flummi_15Rnd_9x19"
  • 12Rnd .45 ACP magazine: "Flummi_12Rnd_45ACP"
  • .45 Silencer: "Flummi_snds_45"

Compatible Magazines:

USP 9mm: 15Rnd 9x19mm Parabellum mags

USP .45: 12Rnd .45 ACP mags

Compatible Attachments:

Muzzle: 9 mm/.45 silencer

Top: All vanilla scopes

Side: Flashlight

Changelog

v1.2

• Changed suppressor classname to align with BIS standards ("snds")
  • Updated UV maps & textures
  • Added ability to equip optics using a new rail mount
  • Added tan versions for both calibers
  • Fixed position of light source for equipped flashlight
  • Added signature/Key

v1.1

• Added .45 version
  • Added ability to equip flashlights
  • Added custom magazines for both 9 mm and .45 versions (.45 does do more damage)

Known Issues

none at the moment

ToDo

all done :p

Credits

• oliie, for making kick-ass custom sounds

Thanks

• Kiory123, for his SA80 addon and his livestream, that motivated me to do this in the first place, and was an amazing help
  • Mondkalb's Addon Tutorial, for obvious reasons
  • Plumpen, Jokerle and LoASWE, for helping with testing
  • BIS, for being awesome
  • The various people in the forum posts I googled for help

Edited by KoffeinFlummi
  • Like 1

Looks nice. I've always loved this pistol. If you could make a .45 version with respective damage, get the under barrel tactical light and\or the laser marker attachment done that would pretty much make this the only pistol I'll ever have to download for A3. Will check it out asap.

Damn, look at me, here you are with your first mod and I've just requested probably months of work!

Nevermind what I said, if you want to do it, whenever you want to do it is just fine by me. I just love this pistol in real life, that's all.

Edited by Lost_Samurai

Lovely :) Had the pleasure of firing this pistol IRL so this will go down well

Damn fine work Flummi, keep it coming!

Thanks man, I love this pistol now I can have it in game!

Looks great! Are there proxies for other attachments on pistols? It would be really nice to be able to put a flashlight or IR laser on one. Maybe even a small red dot sight...

Textures could use some work but you did an awesome job. better than what I could do! haha

Looks great! Are there proxies for other attachments on pistols? It would be really nice to be able to put a flashlight or IR laser on one. Maybe even a small red dot sight...
This is what else I'm interested in, especially seeing that small red dot sights on handguns are a recognized thing to the point that FN outright advertises such compatibility (two mounting bases) on the FNX 45 Tactical (and before that the FNP 45 Tactical).

After some experiments and a lot of trial and error moving the proxies around, I got this:

Flashlight: http://i.imgur.com/9arTkGP.jpg

Flashlight & Silencer: http://i.imgur.com/XOqUsJz.jpg

What do you think? It's a bit too big, but it does the job. The vanilla laser is way too big though...

The level of tacticool is off the charts:

Flashlight, Silencer & ACO: http://i.imgur.com/CdDEYfZ.jpg

Right now the ADS doesn't work yet, I'll try to figure that out, and then I'll upload a new version. Also, I have to make sure the sight sticks to the slide, and doesn't hover in midair while the slide blows back.

Edited by KoffeinFlummi

Haha. Fuck assault rifles, man, I'm 'a run around with this all day.

Also, instead of attaching the sight to the slide, you could do one of these guys.

U4knMz2.jpg?1

That way, you don't have to worry about making the sight go back with the slide.

You'd have to make a model for the rail mount thing, though.

Either way, it's super bad-ass. You rock.

Edited by Outlawled

Looks nice. I've always loved this pistol. If you could make a .45 version with respective damage, get the under barrel tactical light and\or the laser marker attachment done that would pretty much make this the only pistol I'll ever have to download for A3. Will check it out asap.

Damn, look at me, here you are with your first mod and I've just requested probably months of work!

Nevermind what I said, if you want to do it, whenever you want to do it is just fine by me. I just love this pistol in real life, that's all.

Just for you: http://i.imgur.com/3yi8zbM.jpg (USP .45 w/ silencer & flashlight)

I'm going to finish up the picture for an equipped flashlight, then I'll release it.

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Updated to v1.1, OP updated.

Changelog:

• Added .45 version
  • Added custom magazines for both 9 mm and .45 versions (.45 does do more damage)

I left the ability to mount optics out for now, since I still haven't fixed the ADS position. I'd love it if anyone could help me with this: http://i.imgur.com/GHMKKn8.jpg

Edited by KoffeinFlummi
  • Like 1

Regarding optics: instead of the rail mount and full-size optics, there's apparently pictures out there of hidden 3D models in the alpha for other optics including a "micro" red dot sight that wouldn't need a rail mount but which you could say that the USP was modified to mount onto the slide... also, considering the size of the sound suppressor, why not make the iron sights larger as per the USP Tactical? Or is this meant to represent a regular (9 x 21 and .45 ACP) USP and not the Tactical variants?

• Like 1

Regarding optics: instead of the rail mount and full-size optics, there's apparently pictures out there of hidden 3D models in the alpha for other optics including a "micro" red dot sight that wouldn't need a rail mount but which you could say that the USP was modified to mount onto the slide... also, considering the size of the sound suppressor, why not make the iron sights larger as per the USP Tactical? Or is this meant to represent a regular (9 x 21 and .45 ACP) USP and not the Tactical variants?

I originally intended it to be the standard USP, although it doesn't make much sense for it to have a suppressor, I just figured it would be nice to have. Regarding sights, I might bump up the height a bit, but I'll try to sort out the optics issue first. Then you can simply mount an ACO to properly aim (AFAIK the silencer also overlaps the sights on the P07)

Edited by KoffeinFlummi

Makes sense re: the suppressor, and as for sights, I was referring to optics like these two, which maionaze posted in the "Confirmed features info & discussion" thread as having been found in the alpha's inventory UI; they could presumably be mounted on the rail mount style shown by Outlawled, but the FNX 45 Tactical slide is already indented ("drilled and tapped") so as to

, and
's the "first person" view of that in action. Not applicable to the USP unless you deem it to be or release a separate "custom modified USP" with the slide declared to have been made compatible, but possibly useful for future weapon addons.

My understanding though is for mounting the existing long gun-sized optics, even with the rail mount, you'll need to create custom versions with shorter fixed zero distances? This is due to the BI version of the ACO having a fixed zero distance of 200 meters.

Just for you: http://i.imgur.com/3yi8zbM.jpg (USP .45 w/ silencer & flashlight)

I'm going to finish up the picture for an equipped flashlight, then I'll release it.

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Updated to v1.1, OP updated.

Changelog:

• Added .45 version

I left the ability to mount optics out for now, since I still haven't fixed the ADS position. I'd love it if anyone could help me with this: http://i.imgur.com/GHMKKn8.jpg

I'm speechless, was hoping and praying you'd do the .45 w/flashlight before I start begging for the sights and here you are, the very next day, all done and dusted and already advertising your work on the sights. Also, I've always loved the "big suppressor look" on pistols, so don't make it TOO much smaller.

As I told you, this'll be it as far as pistols go for me throughout the entire A3. me, I'm sold. Good luck with the sights, and oh, that rail on top'll look awesome, but whatever works best right?. Wow, just wow.

Edited by Lost_Samurai
  • Like 1

I'm speechless, was hoping and praying you'd do the .45 w/flashlight before I start begging for the sights and here you are, the very next day, all done and dusted and already advertising your work on the sights. Also, I've always loved the "big suppressor look" on pistols, so don't make it TOO much smaller.

As I told you, this'll be it as far as pistols go for me throughout the entire A3. me, I'm sold. Good luck with the sights, and oh, that rail on top'll look awesome, but whatever works best right?. Wow, just wow.

Thanks. It wasn't too much effort, since the .45 was just changing some text in the textures and copy-pasting some configs, and I could use the vanilla flashlight.

I don't think there is a way to downsize the attachments without remodeling them. If there is, let me know, because I'd like to downsize the flashlight a bit. Don't worry though, the suppressor is not going to change, I was just considering raising the sights.

The nice thing about using BI's flashlight is that you can take it off the pistol and put it on a rifle, so you don't need to carry around two different flashlights.

Plus, I don't think it looks bad at all.

One small problem with the flashlight, though, is that the actual light isn't coming from the flashlight, but from the side of the gun.

http://i.imgur.com/XKYchvh.jpg

Hey I might be able to provide firing sounds for you. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks. It wasn't too much effort, since the .45 was just changing some text in the textures and copy-pasting some configs, and I could use the vanilla flashlight.

I don't think there is a way to downsize the attachments without remodeling them. If there is, let me know, because I'd like to downsize the flashlight a bit. Don't worry though, the suppressor is not going to change, I was just considering raising the sights.

Forgot to ask, did you up the damage on the .45 model? I've seen the difference a .45 makes when hitting the human body and/or armor vests as opposed to a 9mm round and would love for that damage to be represented in game. Head shots are one thing, but like irl, unless the target is standing still, body shots make up most of the hits one gets on a target. Just curious.

Glad to hear you won't be making the suppressor smaller and I agree fully with Outlawed's comment about the flashlights interchangeability with the rifles and yes, the light shines from somewhere above/inside the barrel, not nitpicking here, just confirming from my side also.

Edited by Lost_Samurai

Forgot to ask, did you up the damage on the .45 model? I've seen the difference a .45 makes when hitting the human body and/or armor vests as opposed to a 9mm round and would love for that damage to be represented in game. Head shots are one thing, but like irl, unless the target is standing still, body shots make up most of the hits one gets on a target. Just curious.

Glad to hear you won't be making the suppressor smaller and I agree fully with Outlawed's comment about the flashlights interchangeability with the rifles and yes, the light shines from somewhere above/inside the barrel, not nitpicking here, just confirming from my side also.

The damage is indeed higher. I forgot which difficulty/setting I used for testing, but the 9 mm took 4 shots to the torso, the .45 took 2.

I noticed the light source thing as well, and by now I have an idea as to how I might be able to fix it.

BTW, people from Armaholic have been reporting issues where placing the box would give errors involving CfgGlasses. Did anyone here experience errors? I can't replicate it on my end at the moment, and without the actual error message I have absolutely no clue how to fix it. :/

EDIT: typo

Edited by KoffeinFlummi