HaZZarD

this setFace 'facename'; usless in multiplayer ?

hi all

i used the command this setFace 'AfricanHead_03'; in the init of one character but then in multiplayer with other human players look like from my perspective i see that character with the true face i gave him in the init but other players see the same character with different face .

Same when i respawn as one of the characters i made with custom face , the setface init no more work and my profile face replaces the one i gave in the init soldier .

well sorry for my english , hope you understand and help me :D

setface has local effect as per wiki, has to be executed on every machine to have global effect

• Like 1

So is setface now supported in Arma 3? Because I heard at least before this recent patch that it wasn't, I can't find any CfgIdentities list for it either.

setface has local effect as per wiki, has to be executed on every machine to have global effect

is there a way to me as mission creator and host to "FORCE" the other players to use and see the faces i gave in the init ? right now they use their profile face and this is very bad because this ruin the character i created , i really dont like clone soldiers and i like to use the this setface command in the init.

and another problem , when i die and respwan SIDE on a custom character in my squad , the character then keep my profile face and not the one i gave him in the init :S

this is a BIG MESS in term of gameplay because you go in situations like this one :

player Argo saw from my perspective

yMaFeT9.jpg

player Argo saw from my friend perspective

hRLoVER.jpg

so happen I say " hey mate Argo is the Afro one with red sunglasses" and my friend says me " what ? there is no Afro soldier here" O__O this is funny but in term of gameplay is damn horrible and ruin all and add confusion :S

is there a way to me as mission creator and host to "FORCE" the other players to use and see the faces i gave in the init ? right now they use their profile face and this is very bad because this ruin the character i created , i really dont like clone soldiers and i like to use the this setface command in the init.

and another problem , when i die and respwan SIDE on a custom character in my squad , the character then keep my profile face and not the one i gave him in the init :S

this is a BIG MESS in term of gameplay because you go in situations like this one :

player Argo saw from my perspective

http://i.imgur.com/yMaFeT9.jpg

player Argo saw from my friend perspective

http://i.imgur.com/hRLoVER.jpg

so happen I say " hey mate Argo is the Afro one with red sunglasses" and my friend says me " what ? there is no Afro soldier here" O__O this is funny but in term of gameplay is damn horrible and ruin all and add confusion :S

So you change the players face by this setface "facename" ? Try doing it by defining a custom identity in the description.ext and set the identity with setIdentity in the init line of the player units. That should be the proper way (if it properly works in A3).

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#cfgIdentities

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setIdentity

Use Male01 - Male04 for the speakers.

Dunno though if this properly works on respawn - you could fix it by adding a script executed by adding a eventhandler killed in each individual playable unit and make it reset the identity.

Edited by Icewindo

ye like i do for custom gear , this add weapon this addvest etc etc and all work good when people join my mission or die and respawn side , they have the custom gear they should have , the one i wrote in the init of every custom unit

the only problem is with " this setface " where two problems happens

1 - when i host i see my friends with the face they should have but from their prospective they have their custom face they configured in the profile option

2 - when i respawn side in a custom soldier i previously modified in the editor , all the gear is ok as should be but the character get the face of my profile instead of the one of the init

so look like the profile face have the priority over the command this setface , i think they should give the priority to the command this setface instead of the face of the profile because is more important to keep the things how the creator of the mission has thought , is more important to keep the face as the mission creator decided instead to have the profile face one's which add confusion

however thanks I am taking a look : )

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

ok two questions :

1 - where i can find the Category:CfgIdentities for arma III ? with all faces voices etc class names ?

2 - what if instead of using the setidentity in the description i put this : null = [this] execVM "loadout.sqf" this addeventhandler ["respawn","_this execVM 'loadout.sqf'"]; ? does it work keeping the face the custom one of the loadout.sqf ?

tried as suggested to add this in the description

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/D...#cfgIdentities

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setIdentity

but still nothing :(

i can't sync the setface with other players in multiplayer and then when I respawn it set my profile face instead of the one of the init

can someone give me some other suggestions ? :)

@KK How to send it to all machines? I presume using remoteExec. Can you write example how to use it with setFace so it will have global effect ?

[unit, "faceName"] remoteExec ["setFace", 0, unit] 

or

[unit, "faceName"] remoteExec ["setFace", 0, netId unit] 

This way command will be executed for every client and every foregoing JIP while unit exists.

KK, can you please also clarify remoteExec in part on manual removal of JIP statement: wiki page says I use remoteExec ["", car]; or remoteExec ["", netId car]; whereas I see these commands miss targets parameter. What value should it have? Same as at establishing JIP statement? Or maybe it is a correct syntax when functionName is set to empty string?

Thanks.

KK, can you please also clarify remoteExec in part on manual removal of JIP statement: wiki page says I use remoteExec ["", car]; or remoteExec ["", netId car]; whereas I see these commands miss targets parameter. What value should it have? Same as at establishing JIP statement? Or maybe it is a correct syntax when functionName is set to empty string?

Thanks.

There is no target param, this is the correct format, I believe I commented on it here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/remoteExecCall

• Like 1

On 8/3/2016 at 12:20 AM, pedeathtrian said:

[unit, "faceName"] remoteExec ["setFace", 0, unit] 

or

[unit, "faceName"] remoteExec ["setFace", 0, netId unit] 

This way command will be executed for every client and every foregoing JIP while unit exists.

Where should this command go?

Seems to work when it's in both initPlayerLocal.sqf and onPlayerRespawn.sqf, but I take it that's not the efficient method.