Sign in to follow this  
Rammer

Splash Screen Edit

With the latest update, now when my created missions loads in MP, there is a splash screen. It says....Unnamed Mission, Unnamed Community Author. How/where do I change that info to show mission name and author?

Very new to editing, sorry if its so easy a 5yr old could figure it out, I have looked around a bit but just don't see it. Also, is it possible to have our clan image to show on the splash screen?

Thanks,

[sA]Rammer

You need a description.ext file to set that up.

Open Notepad and put this in:

onLoadName = "enter mission name";
author = your name;
OnLoadMission = "mission description on load screen";
LoadScreen = "enter logo/picture destination, like *pics/into.paa* or *pics/intro.jpg*";

Save file as description.ext - make sure when you are saving you set it to All files, then type in "description.ext"

More info here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

Thanks for the fast reply. I already had a description.ext file with the spawns and so forth. I have the Mission Name, author and mission description working fine but cannot get the LoadScreen pic to show. I get an error message, cannot find Picture. I placed the picture in the folder where the sqm and ext files are located (C:\Users\Rick\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\{SA}Rammer\missions\Operation%20Take%20Back.Stratis). The pic is a jpeg. Should the string look like this....

LoadScreen = "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\{SA}Rammer\missions\Operation%20Take%20Back.Stratis\Team Stay Alive\intro.jpeg"

Thanks again

[sA]Rammer

LoadScreen = "Team Stay Alive\intro.jpeg";

well, I tried that, still no go. Tried putting a different pic into the file folder and using that, get same error. Changed the name of the pic file to SA and this is the ext file...

OnLoadMission = "Virtual Ammobox System";

onLoadName = "Croatian Agression";

respawn = "BASE";

author = "SA Rammer";

respawndelay = "30";

#include "gear\common.hpp"

#include "gear\menu.hpp"

LoadScreen = "SA\intro.jpeg";

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Error on start up is....Cannot find picture SA\intro.jpeg

File properties....SA type of file: JPEG image (.jpeg)

size: 22.7 KB

LoadScreen = "SA\intro.jpg";

Yep, tried that too, still no go.

I had to restart the game to add a new pic

SA file name ?

if yes then the pic inside that file?

spelling same (CAPS) etc in desc.ext and picture path

try-

LoadScreen = "intro.jpg"; // intro name of pic

put picture in the mission folder

Edited by Blitzer134

Oh, what is the format of you picture?

The formats have to be something like this (found in an old BI forum post):

"Your images have to be 512x512 / 1024x1024 etc, my one I used was 2048x1024 which worked fine, I think they have to be 1:2 or 1:1."

Im pretty sure it doesnt like spaces in the folders inside the mission folder, use _ insted.

So if you have a folder called "picture" and you put the intro.jpg file in it it should be like this:

LoadScreen = "picture\intro.jpg";

It works fine for me in all missions.

Make sure the "picture" folder is next to mission.sqm in your mission folder and all should be good.

Like mentioned above, it has to be 512, 1024 or 2048 and either 1:1 or 1:2 format.

It has to be .jpg or .paa to work, nothing else will work.

Edited by Byrgesen

Im pretty sure it doesnt like spaces in the folders inside the mission folder, use _ insted.

So if you have a folder called "picture" and you put the intro.jpg file in it it should be like this:

LoadScreen = "picture\intro.jpg";

It works fine for me in all missions.

Make sure the "picture" folder is next to mission.sqm in your mission folder and all should be good.

Like mentioned above, it has to be 512, 1024 or 2048 and either 1:1 or 1:2 format.

It has to be .jpg or .paa to work, nothing else will work.

Must be the issue, the pic is jpeg, but it is not 512, 1024 or 2048

Thanks for all the help

[sA]Rammer

I had no p problems with a jpeg at 1920x1080. But I had it in my mission root folder and no spaces in the filename.