Sign in to follow this  
Drzaues

May be a basic question but...

So I tested my mission in the editor thoroughly the virtual ammo system worked great as did the respawn order. When I uploaded to the multi-player and attempted to use it there The VAS failed and it listed my respawn as "none"

I went into what was ostensibly the MPmission folder for the mission and added the notecards namely "respawn SIDE" and the scripts for the VAS (along with the gear folder).

Is this a basic thing I am missing? Or is there a fix?

Thanks!

Edited by Drzaues

ok quick check, did you have all the correct folders and files in the right place before you saved to MP mission?

folders for VAS = "Gear" containing 14 files.

folders for revive = "=BTC=_revive" with 4 files

you should have a description.ext as well with at least

respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 10;
#include "gear\common.hpp"
#include "gear\menu.hpp"

then in your init.sqf there should be

call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

did you rename the mission in the editor (little cloud icon) before you saved to multiplayer? if so then the other stuff that is not the mission.sqm will not have been saved to the multiplayer .pbo

hope this helps a little.

sorry if it sounds condescending, I'm just troubleshooting the issue as you haven't given a whole lot of info.

Also, you did pbo the mission? (Save as multiplayer mission in editor).

Because I can't see how you "added the notecards namely "respawn SIDE" and the scripts for the VAS" in the MpMissions folder, as the missions in there should be packed.

Edit: Nevermind, my mistake..the MpMissions folder is for missions made in the multiplayer editor.

Edited by Jasin

Thanks guys..I'll work on it some more. In the meantime I have a workaround and while it is not as pretty as the VAS I simply used aramidiot's scripts to fill an ammo box will all game items.

can you zip or rar and upload a copy? we could look it over, it might just be a missing ; or something as simple.

Also, you did pbo the mission? (Save as multiplayer mission in editor).

Because I can't see how you "added the notecards namely "respawn SIDE" and the scripts for the VAS" in the MpMissions folder, as the missions in there should be packed.

I found that saving to multiplayer folder, did not take the custom scripts with it. It only packed the stuff made in the editor and PBO'd it.

I had to PBO it manually every time to get all scripts into the PBO, dunno if its suppose to be like this or if its a bug in the build tbh.

was it in the SP editor in the main menu, or in the MP editor in the host game area?

it might make a difference where the scripts need to be.

Notes

When clicking Editor from the main menu it is classified SP Editor, it will save to one of the following locations

If you are using the default profile

Documents\Arma 3\missions

If you using a custom profile:

Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\ProfileNameHere\missions

If you use the editor from Multiplayer Server Browser -> New -> New Editor (or any mission in blue) it will save to the same paths but instead of the missions folder it goes to your MPMissions folder.

Tips

- If you are making a mission intended to be for Multiplayer, use the multiplayer mission editor to make it, that way you don't get confused when trying to import a SP one to MP and vice versa.

- MP Mission editor you can lively test the mission, make changes to the files and continue to test with other clients/players.

- When your mission is completed and you want to host it on a server just use a PBO Packer like Eliteness or cPBO or the BIS tools to pack the mission file / folder and upload it to a server.

- When using the Import / Merge option your mission.sqm is carried over but not your scripts & folders instead it.

Yeah I would love to send the mission to someone who can fix up the holes! If that doable let me know! I would do it! thanks!