Sign in to follow this  
oxmox

Boston Marathon: 2 bombs blow up near finish line

Then you cant of read anything I posted then, or you did with a pre conceived idea of what I was posting about im not sure, ground hog day again it seems :)

Sorry I cant make you feel better, but I thought this was a discussion forum with many views, I can post a big rainbow picture around a cat if you want, but it might be a bit wrong for this thread subject :)

If I have posted in this thread like a devils advocate that also suggests that there is only one way to see this, but last time I checked in this world things are never that set in stone.

I think you only grabbed half of that quote, but that's fine.

It's entirely possible that there's some language barrier that's making me think you're trying to say something you aren't. If you're attempting to prove, or at least validate, the idea of a conspiracy involving shadowy PMCs and some false-flag operation, then my reading is correct, and you're failing miserably at it, because it's an impossible theory to validate.

If you're attempting to open discourse on there being a conspiracy theory, no matter how valid, then my reading was wrong and you did a good job.

But if it's the former, there really needs to be some better evidence; using the false positives of some internet detectives doesn't prove the conspiracy. Seeing some bomb dogs and uniformed cops also doesn't validate the conspiracy any more; bomb dogs and uniforms are a common sight at highly attended functions, such as football games or a marathon attended by thousands of people. Because they make good targets, as was shown here.

I used the term 'Devil's Advocate' mainly to imply support for a position not commonly held. But the more I think of it, it really does fit with a secondary definition of Devil's Advocate: advocating a position, no matter it's lack of veracity, for the purposes of discussion.

Edit: I just saw this, after I hit post

In fact I will spell out what I was getting at, the operatives acknowledged and all surrounding security (and all drama surrounding all of that) were in the correct logic places and the correct time doing a job directly to prevent something like this, and they failed to stop these two fools, thats worthy a question, there, I put everything I was on about in some short words. I havent and I am not assuming conspiracy, but then i dont also run with the media and the hollywood action TV either. I dont post to get a rise, I dont post to piss anyone off deliberately, I just frequent here and had a point of view via a forum where more often than not you get some interesting debates and I just like to see a broader view of a subject mainly.

Which is at least a somewhat better discussion. But sadly, it's summed up in one phrase: the world isn't perfect.

Just like a condom doesn't always prevent pregnancy, and a bulletproof vest doesn't always prevent a fatal injury, you can do all the right things, and something will still happen. Until you have a way of checking EVERY single person in a crowd, instantaneously, there's always the possibility of something like this happening.

It wasn't necessarily lax security, or ineffective security; it was just bad luck, and malicious intent.

Edited by ak1287
MrCash's post edified his point.

Here are the recordings of the police radios from the 19th. Very tense!

You can find the rest of it in this playlist

ak1287 ... Im sorry mate, but I can only conclude you read into my posts than read them. basicly your post is, your either into a conspiracy or you sort of not but prove the conspiracy ... you seem to be more fixed on that than im supposed to :) SECURITY FAILINGS ...can you read? theres more people that have posted the keyword "Conspiracy theory" in this thread than i have ever typed it myself, interesting fact.

Ive been through this conspiracy theorist lecture mantra already mate, Im not going through all that shit again, choose to decide what you feel, I cant really say much more to you on it. Also do you have any commentary of the subject and thread topics rather than me at all? Not once have I done what your doing to anyone here, subject is the focus, not one poster proving themselves with this all knowing assumption its a minority thought becuase of this thread in ref to security question ... I repeat ...security questions. How is it a theory to conspire against a group to ask about the crap security, it failed, you can paint a picture, they were in the exact places, its a failure.

Edited by mrcash2009

ak1287 ... Im sorry mate, but I can only conclude you read into my posts than read them. basicly your post is, your either into a conspiracy or you sort of not but prove the conspiracy ... you seem to be more fixed on that than im supposed to :) SECURITY FAILINGS ...can you read?

Ive been through this conspiracy theorist lecture mantra already mate, Im not going through all that shit again, choose to decide what you feel, I cant really say much more to you on it.

Right. I responded to the security failings topic above, though.

Of course, I still have a hard time actually understanding your posts, and I'm not really sure why. Syntax like this

basicly your post is, your either into a conspiracy or you sort of not but prove the conspiracy
kind of leaves me scratching my head, and I still don't 100% know what to make of it.

Its called sarcasm in words typed via a keyboard, just a UK thing I guess. BTW we agree to differ is the best outcome from this, are you form UK or second language? That part is not sarcasm BTW genuine question?

Edited by mrcash2009

Its called sarcasm in words typed via a keyboard, just a UK thing I guess. BTW we agree to differ is the best outcome from this, are you form UK or second language? That part is not sarcasm BTW genuine question?

That's kind of a difficult question. Technically, English is my first language, but about 2 or 3 years ago, I was hit by shrapnel and now suffer from aphasia. So I had years of speech and language therapy to help re-learn a lot of a language I was fluent in.

Now, if a sentence is compiled oddly, my brain won't really be able to process it, even though it makes perfect sense.

I really hope this is a 'Devil's Advocate' situation, and you don't actually buy this conspiracy theory 'false flag' bullshit.

He does and has a history of posting them.

In this case people were warned against posting them so mrcash2009 is doing his best at trying to fly them below the moderators radar which he always does

when a warning goes out.

Edited by jblackrupert

The 60 minutes twitter account was hacked recently and loads of stuff tweeted, one of which was a picture titled "hey bro, where'd you backpack go", the account was suspended within seconds of me sending a link to a friend. But you can find the jist of it here (click the pic at the top).

That's kind of a difficult question. Technically, English is my first language, but about 2 or 3 years ago, I was hit by shrapnel and now suffer from aphasia. So I had years of speech and language therapy to help re-learn a lot of a language I was fluent in.

Now, if a sentence is compiled oddly, my brain won't really be able to process it, even though it makes perfect sense.

You don't have to get hit by shrapnel to find his text confusing - I can't understand what he means most of the time and have to re-read it several times over. It's a very poor standard of English and the legibility changes from post to post, almost as if 2 or more people share the same account?

I agree with jblackrupert on the 'flying below moderators radar' thing - it's obvious.

@viper - it's the Syrian Electronic Army hacking accounts - Bashir supporters probably with Gov't funding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Syria#Syrian_Electronic_Arm y_.28SEA.29

Good video here of capture from Russia Today - police vehicle with robot arm peels back tarpaulin and there is a small explosion @1.44, probably flashbangs:

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

He does and has a history of posting them.

In this case people were warned against posting them so mrcash2009 is doing his best at trying to fly them below the moderators radar which he always does

when a warning goes out.

Nice try but completely false, then again I expect low brow snipes its just easy. Every post I make I justify my points clearly and my standpoint unlike other rant mob types, things are valid when they are valid and if theres B.S then so be it, ive done that through everything I post as much as I can. And again I haven't posted false flag bullshit, you skim read posts with assumptions that's not my problem mate that's your own. There is no radar to fly under with questions that are valid in anything, there is of course if your telling others "inside job" all day long and im not and haven't.

Funny how you picked that perfect quote to knee jerk again isnt it :)

Ah right ok cool, well appreciate you explaining that, I dont know then mate lost in translation "at some point" is the best description then :)

You don't have to get hit by shrapnel to find his text confusing - I can't understand what he means most of the time and have to re-read it several times over. It's a very poor standard of English and the legibility changes from post to post, almost as if 2 or more people share the same account?

I agree with jblackrupert on the 'flying below moderators radar' thing - it's obvious.

I hope I am on the right planet, we have gone from a forum discussion to my standard of English? Are you people for real? I posted the bold part becuase if we want to talk conspiracy then this is priceless. If you cannot fathom from my dual persona non english gibberish rambling messes I posted here (?) .. I talked about security and issues, the most down to earth question on any event like this, I have read it all now thats one of the best posts I have seen for some time & completely unrelated to the topic, anyone want to carry on with it at all? (the topic that is) you can always PM me if you cannot understand me!? :)

Back to that posted video of the boat, Id imagine if hes run out of places to go and his brother was killed in a shoot out you must get to a stage of giving up especially in that situation, I imagine he thought if he moved (heli overhead) hed be killed, regardless of the reasons you still have a younger teenager crapping himself with no real place to run from that location.

As regards that Reddit tweet thing, if you read most responses its explained that they are in fact trained individuals as was always described & is this Pure passion form here?

These people are members of the National Guard Civil Response Team. They work with local authorities and provide additional support during times of emergency or use of suspected weapons of mass destruction. The teams have capabilities to identify chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear agents and substances, assess current and projected consequences and advise on response measures

My answer would be, but not 2 near kids with some pressure cooker low key backpack bombs ... so they were useless weren't they. Whats the cost for hire for these and all that type of attendance for security to the city and people who live there (I dont know myself how it works in that area) because it certainly wasn't money well spent.

Edited by mrcash2009

I have read this all thread and once again its incredulous to watch LIVE at is happens Armchair professionals and Internet characters actually write falsehoods and speculate

i would advise anybody who is thinking of studying conspiracy and and munchausens by proxy to read this thread , even tho i am privvy to have foresight to take notes post edits , its fantastic stuff , Arma and these forums are an absolute education to me .

for the contributors i give you this to further your retractions and edits :

1180NB.jpg

as regards that Reddit tweet thing, if you read most responses its explained that they are in fact trained individuals as was always described & is this Pure passion form here?

so they were useless weren't they. Whats the cost for hire for these and all that type of attendance for security to the city and people who live there (I dont know myself how it works in that area) because it certainly wasn't money well spent.

Yeah it's me, I just made myself a reddit account recently :) I saw you linking to the thread and there were still people believing in false facts simply because they haven't seen the other pictures yet. (At least I hope that's the reason :p)

And yeah, the security failed to prevent it, that's the whole tragedy of the event.

Anyways, the suspect is in custody, no more innocent people are going to get killed by them. My condolences are with the injured, their families, the victims Krystle Campbell, Martin Richard, Lu Lingzi and Sean Collier and their families.

I'm not sure how security could have realistically prevented it, honestly. You can't lock down a crowd like that.

Whether the procurement of bomb components should have raised red flags with only two closely-related conspirators is a different question.

You can't prevent any of that. I'd be just happy that there weren't any more victims.

This is an accurate summation of my feelings.

You theoretically could have prevented this, but only if there was a police checkpoint that confiscated everyone's backpacks, patted them down, stripped searched them, and then made them watch the marathon with their hands at their sides, so they couldn't reach into their pockets and remotely detonate an explosive with a cell phone. That would have just resulted in complaints of authoritarianism, and rightfully so; it's better that they didn't do that, considering that some fools are already complaining about the response to the bombings.

Yeah it's me, I just made myself a reddit account recently :) I saw you linking to the thread and there were still people believing in false facts simply because they haven't seen the other pictures yet. (At least I hope that's the reason :p)

Ha, I thought it was you but you never know :)

I have read this all thread and once again its incredulous to watch LIVE at is happens Armchair professionals and Internet characters actually write falsehoods and speculate

Yep I feel exactly the same, especially early on when "the muslims did it" witch hunt was in full swing and people that were innocent thrown into the media, no party is innocent of any of falsehoods or speculating, but time will tell on this with more things to be asked and more answers to come, pretty early days still on the matter.

Although thanks for a picture of a shovel, that did the trick ... I think? Oh no, it didn't, its a picture of a shovel. Mind you its Spears & Jackson and ive heard great things in terms of reliability, which is quite apt.

Edited by mrcash2009

These guys were not unknown to the FBI

An FBI official said Saturday agents interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2011 at the request of the Russian government. The FBI said Russia claimed he was a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer, and that he had changed drastically since 2010.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev apparently became increasingly radical in the last three or four years, according to an analysis of his social media accounts and the accounts of family members. But so far, there is no evidence of active association with international jihadist groups.

Separately, a U.S. intelligence source told CNN that investigators are looking into whether Tsarnaev had any connections with the group, known in English as Caucus Emirates. The source says Tsarnaev had several computer links to the group in his social media activities, and investigators are looking into the possibility that he received "operational plans" from this group.

Rebels who call themselves Mujahideen of the Caucasus Emirate Province of Dagestan issued a statement Sunday, saying they are not fighting the United States.

"We are at war with Russia," it said. The statement also said that children are never targets of the group.

"From what I know right now, these two acted together and alone," the police chief said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/21/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"FBI came to them two or three times.....

"I heard myself that they (the FBI) said: 'We know that you read, what you drink, what you eat, where you go.' And then they added that that's routine practice to prevent bombings on the streets of Boston.....

Mother Zubeidat Tsarnaeva told Russia Today that the FBI had been checking on Tamerlan for three to five years.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-suspects-no-links/index.html

Edited by oxmox

The investigation was shelved because the Russian intelligence agency that gave them the tip "stopped cooperating."

And since the Russians treat all Chechens like terrorists, their word isn't the greatest in terms of reliability.

...mmh, well they probably just did give a hint to the FBI.

Edited by oxmox

Just some more information doing the rounds currently this from Channel 4 news:

http://www.channel4.com/news/boston-bombings-questions-raised-by-telephone-call-claim

The father of the Boston bombing suspects claims to Channel 4 News that the FBI telephoned his elder son after the attack, and prior to a fatal shootout that claimed the life of a police officer.

I seriously doubt any claim from family is going to be accepted or looked at more closely what so ever, although its in the media and posted for ref.

This needs allot more clarification also:

-nIEfEN1jVA#!

If this isnt one massive coincidence in the same area, he should in fact be dead as far as I can see.

Edited by mrcash2009

A well known syndrome in religious communities is the telling of lies to protect the family reputation. I have seen it happen, those types fear shame more than the devil himself. Happens all over the world, in all religions. What the bomber's parents are doing is a standard psychological reacton to guilt and shame. They are striking out at others and attempting to divert blame.

Possibly also why people in certain communities so easily accept and actively promote the various conspiracy theories that are floating about including the above 'conspiracy hint' about Tamerlan still being alive. So no I'm not going to take what the bomber's family 'say' seriously. MrCash, you talked to Elvis recently, how is he?

I don't see how that's a particularly religious characteristic. Both the post-Soviet region and the Middle East are fertile ground for conspiracy theories, however (because, well, there tend to be a lot of conspiracies over there), and the Caucasus is both.

Possibly also why people in certain communities so easily accept and actively promote the various conspiracy theories that are floating about including the above 'conspiracy hint' about Tamerlan still being alive. So no I'm not going to take what the family 'say' seriously. MrCash, you talked to Elvis recently, how is he?

oh you haven't heard about the victims being accused of being hired actors who were already amputated... It's really sad and upsetting to hear something like that :(

Regarding the naked man, that's the driver of the car they kidnapped. He was stripped naked because they didn't know wether he was affilitated with the culprits and could have weapons or explosives on his body. After he was ID'ed, he was released. You can find more detailed photos of him which show you he has no chest hair as opposed to the dead guy

I don't see how that's a particularly religious characteristic. Both the post-Soviet region and the Middle East are fertile ground for conspiracy theories, however (because, well, there tend to be a lot of conspiracies over there), and the Caucasus is both.

It isn't exclusive to religion. All people are succeptible to this behaviour. In religious communities though, it tends to be the standard response to anything bringing shame upon the family, no matter how overwhelming the evidence to the contrary. Just ask any debt collector lol.

@ PurePassion - I'm talking about the parents of the Bombers :). Hadn't heard the one about victims being actors - that's low even for Conspiritards.