Sign in to follow this  
oxmox

Boston Marathon: 2 bombs blow up near finish line

Well good job on finding them so fast. I just hope they get the other guy alive to question him.

By hard evidence you mean like engaging police officers with grenades and assault rifles.

I think he means they will get em sing even if they don't know no song. Well, that's how I understood that

I really wonder what their motives, if any, are

Thinking about it, they did some impressive job finding them indeed

Press conference right now LIVE

http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon#ixzz2QsvQl4fJ

"we believe this to be a terrorist. He has come here to hurt people." - Boston police chief

Describes him as Caucasian

Refuses to give his name

If the names that were overheard over the police radio are correct, neither of them are white

Dead ones last name is Ethiopian and the one of the run is Indian.

Edited by jblackrupert

The suspects are supposed to be identified as Sunil Tripathi and Mike Mulugeta. Mulugeta died in the Beth Israel hospital from multiple gun shot wounds and explosives that were supposed to be triggered by himself, whereas Sunil is a former Ivy League student who had been reported missing earlier. He is still on the run.

Those names are not 100% confirmed, however it is very likely

The latest news suggest the second suspect on the run is actually named Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

Edited by PurePassion

Looks like the names previously reported may be incorrect?

Those names were reported to have been broadcast over police radio during the search.

The truth is in between I'd say: It's not racist to believe that Muslims (most of whom are Arabs) are behind this, but it is not appropriate to spam social medias, etc. with pictures of every Arab looking person you can find from pictures/films of the marathon and point them out as potential, or even the bombers.

I didn't say it was racism to "think" it ... I meant its a valid case in terms of acting upon it so soon in ref that guy being slapped over media as a potential murderer and being completely innocent as a case basis. Then again it was also still too early to assume anything anyway hence my point about hypocrisy of putting forth ideas that are not true or in fact distorted.

oh the irony. ridiculing others for supposedly jumping to conclusions while classifying this as a "racism" case based on thin air.

You didn't read my post right then, dont see where ridicule entered into it, if "one rule for one and not the other" leaks in then it should speak for itself.

Im completely confused by this now, its like a game of guess who.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61Sk%2B5%2BvbjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Interesting to see how this all pans out, especially now one is now reportedly dead (cant speak). If both end up dead then we have very little to go on which will be a shame for future investigation (personal accounts and interview reports).

Edited by mrcash2009

Those names were reported to have been broadcast over police radio during the search.

Looks like yet more misinformation, I had my doubts as the name linked to suspect #2 (white hat) was far too tall (6'2") although he does look similar his face wasn't the same.

If you look at the 2 new names they are an exact match for features, hair style/color, height and build, there is even a photo of suspect #1 wearing the same shades.

http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery/-/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o/

edit: reports say a woman was arrested - the girlfriend?

Interesting to see how this all pans out, especially now one is now reportedly dead (cant speak).

Confirmed dead by the hospital where they struggled to keep him alive. I suppose unbalanced people with overactive imaginations will hint at deliberate plots to silence this patsy, how Oliver Stone-ish. I'm so happy that no one on these forums is like that. :cool:

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

Heh... Putin strategy on Chechnya was simple - do not fight against muslim terrorists , like in first and second Chechnya campaigns , jast give him money and place one of them on the president of Checnya Republic post. And donate this bastards from government, using money from our taxes. The immigrants from Caucasian sub-republics flooded all Russia, created a lot of aggressive and impudent diasporas in all country, arguing russian and other non-slavic indigenous people in other regions, and police and goverment usually do not react on their crimes. They usually called this Caucasian mafia "churki"

All this factors grow up nazi tendencies in the country and was one of the reasons of the protests in Russia before second Putin election in last years.

And now insolence of this monkeys stepped from our board to other countries, and blow up civilian "just for allah lulz"... I hope, it will be punish instead tolerate.

By hard evidence you mean like engaging police officers with grenades and assault rifles.

Source?

Confirmed dead by the hospital where they struggled to keep him alive. I suppose unbalanced people with overactive imaginations will hint at deliberate plots to silence this patsy, how Oliver Stone-ish. I'm so happy that no one on these forums is like that. :cool:

You are either new here or cleverly pre-empting the arrival of various posters who shall remain unnamed.

You are either new here or cleverly pre-empting the arrival of various posters who shall remain unnamed.

ROFL ........ both. Did the joke get lost in translation???

I refer to the fact that these people are more use alive than dead information wise & post arrest, nothing more. Then again ive seen a good balance of over reaction from both ends of the spectrum so no one walks away a winner on that score. Oddly enough Oliver Stone is awful for spinning truth in films anyway so in some ways that was a good example :)

This chap they are still after must be super human they have Boston areas in borderline Martial Law scenario's and even effecting flight paths ... seeing as they did a crap pressure cooker bomb job (compared to how that could have been) and dont seem like they are a further direct threat, is this the norm on a man hunt? Not suggesting its not, but anyone in US confirm this is standard practice? Seems pretty full-on at the moment in that area and the search.

EDIT, ok I heard the update of the firefight and so on so different point to what I wasn't aware of previous.

Edited by mrcash2009

Source?

There were reports about long guns on the police/EMT scanner 10-12 hours ago in the after math of the initial firefight.

There were reports about long guns on the police/EMT scanner 10-12 hours ago in the after math of the initial firefight.

Ok. Now, reports, or confirmed information? BIG difference. It's already been determined that they had home-made IED's and not grenades. Let's stick to what we know.

Edited by GRS

That's what was reported 12 hours ago after the first initial contact, but it's correct that it's now 12 hours later. This was reported in the wake of a massive barrage of gunfire and hand throw explosive devices.

Edited by Dallas

What? All I'm getting at here is that you shouldn't cite something as "hard evidence" if you don't have first hand info or if it has not only not been confirmed, but actually reported as false. Still, no doubt they need to be taken down.

Edited by GRS

The situation in Boston is not routine to lockdown a city of 1 million, not least since lower manhatten was closed off on 911 is basically last ime i've seen anything remotely close to this scale here in the US.

Although the event is quite sad, I thought this was kinda funny. Talk about stereotypical.

There was an automated message going around telling businesses to close, but because we're Dunkin' Donuts, we called the police department and they said we didn't have to.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/boston-dunkin-donuts-stays-open-2013-4#ixzz2QvmJORvp

Their Aunt lives in Toronto Canada.

She's claiming they are being set up by the government, the pictures are staged.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/19/exclusive-aunt-of-suspected-bombers-speaks-to-sun-from-etobicoke-home

Looks like CSIS is going to busy with yet another family living here who has nasty views.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khadr_family

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khadr

Far left groups groups here have a love affair with these people.

I'm sure they'll be at her door with cookies and cake soon enough.

Edited by jblackrupert

There was an interview with a car mechanic and this guy said, they brought regulary expensive cars like Porsche Cyenne/BMW M3/Landrover for repairs. They did wear expensive clothes, as an exameple allegedly shoes which cost 900 dollar. They were students and their family are immigrants...wonder from where they got all the money.

Good job, and they even got the bastard alive. Now he can tell his parents how 'innocent' he is and that it's all just a make-up.

Thank god it's over and he better get used to wearing orange.