Sign in to follow this  
oxmox

Boston Marathon: 2 bombs blow up near finish line

I would just like to remind everyone of our media posting rules for explicit content. This is your opportunity to screen yourselves and make sure your posts do not contain:

...real killing, mutilations, wounds, carnage, and other disgusting/explicit depictions...

Or to ask questions to the moderator staff.

The default infraction for explicit content is a 90 day ban.

Hmm, intresting, who take the responsibility for this terrorists act. Next US actions depend from it.

I do not know, how much influence on US nation had this bombs (12 years from last big attack - long time), but somethig tell me, that popularity of republican party will grow up in close time...

They found two more bombs along the marathon track that didn´t explode.

Among the dead is a 8 year old child.

This makes me sick

And again, don't say X about Event Y because you insult the victims. How lame.

If i would be affected by Event Y, i would like to know what exactly is going on and who is behind this.

Yeah, go ahead and go elsewhere. The moment you derped out that the Nazis are Communists, me and pretty much all sensible persons around lost all respect for you.

Sad for what happened,but meanwhile,i hope that it won't be exploited politically ...

Still waiting for more informations before i can build my own judgement on this ! and again,very sad for the families,and especially the one who lost the 8 years child !

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

I just don't get it why 2 IED's exploded at the marathon! Is it linked to North Korea's tensions, or is it one of Osama Bin Ladan's men for revenge?!? Whoever these terrorists or happy triggers are, must be brought to justice for their horrible crime in Boston!

Link for more updates on the situation:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/04/16/05/21/blast-rocks-boston

Why not an American psycho too ?? you know, it should not be necessary one of those you mentioned -.-

RIP to the fallen souls and i wish all of my luck to the victims who had the traumatising experience of being there :(

Why is this not uncommon? It should be, there is such a thing as habeas corpus and means military is not allowed in policeing and public security measures.

Not if they're unarmed. Habeas Corpus is more about unlawful detention and suspention of civil rights than it is about the use of armed troops inside the US (which is really a cause and effect matter imo).

State Duty

When National Guard units are not under federal control, the governor is the commander-in-chief of the units of his or her respective state, territory (Guam, Virgin Islands), or commonwealth (Puerto Rico). The President of the United States commands the District of Columbia National Guard, though this command is routinely delegated to the Commanding General of the DC National Guard. States are free to employ their National Guard forces under state control for state purposes and at state expense as provided in the state's constitution and statutes.

When they're unarmed and operating inside of the US they hold just as much authority during a public event as any other volunteer, but not to the same level as LEOs. So they can't arrest someone, but can assist LEOs during an arrest just as any other citizen can.

What you meant is the Posse Comitatus Act ;)

This would be invalid as the Posse Comitatus Act only deals with troops under Federal control whilst National Guard units can be under Federal or state control. The troops in Boston were under the control of the State of Massachusetts which renders out Posse Comitatus. Posse Comitatus is meant to limit the control of the federal government over individual states and ensure that the rights of individual states are not infringed upon.

Exclusions and limitations

There are a number of situations in which the Act does not apply. These include:

National Guard units and state defense forces while under the authority of the governor of a state;

Troops used under the order of the President of the United States pursuant to the Insurrection Act, as was the case during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots.

Under 18 U.S.C. § 831, the Attorney General may request that the Secretary of Defense provide emergency assistance if civilian law enforcement is inadequate to address certain types of threats involving the release of nuclear materials, such as potential use of a nuclear or radiological weapon. Such assistance may be by any personnel under the authority of the Department of Defense, provided such assistance does not adversely affect U.S. military preparedness. The only exemption is nuclear materials.

Support roles under the Joint Special Operations Command

So the NG could even have been armed, but for such an event it obviously creates a tense atmosphere, wouldn't have helped and I don't think they were there to provide security in the first place. There are plenty of events worldwide that are made possible by the help of the armed forces, though not all countries have laws and regulations as strict about the use of the military in domestic affairs quite like the US has.

Edited by JdB

Now doctors are saying that there ball bearings and other shrapnel objects in the bomb. It's a damn good thing it wasn't well-made.

Why is this not uncommon? It should be, there is such a thing as habeas corpus and means military is not allowed in policeing and public security measures.

The National Guard helps with many things on US soil, such as volunteering at events like this, fighting wildland fires, and helping in other disasters. The state can deploy them whenever they feel it is necessary. They don't just shoot guns and fight in wars.

The Army National Guard (ARNG) is one component of The Army (which consists of the Active Army, the Army National Guard and the Army Reserve.) The Army National Guard is composed primarily of traditional Guardsmen -- civilians who serve their country, state and community on a part-time basis (usually one weekend each month and two weeks during the summer.) Each state, most territories and the District of Columbia has its own National Guard, as provided for by the Constitution of the United States.

The National Guard has a unique dual mission that consists of both Federal and State roles. For state missions, the governor, through the state Adjutant General, commands Guard forces. The governor can call the National Guard into action during local or statewide emergencies, such as storms, fires, earthquakes or civil disturbances.

In addition, the President of the United States can activate the National Guard for participation in federal missions. Examples of federal activations include Guard units deployed to Kosovo and the Sinai for stabilization operations, and units deployed to the Middle East and other locations in the war on terrorism. When federalized, Guard units are commanded by the Combatant Commander of the theatre in which they are operating.

Edited by Nicholas

;2374459']Not to take limelight from this terrorist act in boston' date=' but in the same 24 hour period, bombs went off in Iraq killing 57 people, and a Afghanistan wedding killing 15 people. Could be linked?

I doubt this is linked since it is not uncommon in Iraq or in other islamic states.

Actually, when in the western world two small bombs explode with a minor death toll the media has 24h coverage of it. If bombs explode in Iraq or elsewhere and up to 100 people die in such an incident you read just a short news report about it, without much details about injuries or if children were involved.

I remember when the news did report about massacres in Syria some months ago, only a short time later or before, cant remember exactly, bombs did blow up in Iraq and killing more people than in the Syria incident. It wasnt called a massacre, just a bomb attack.

Dont get me wrong, of course the Boston bombing is terrible act, but I hope some people wake up again to get reminded that in other countries like the Iraq such terror attacks happen regulary with civilians of all ages involved which gets reported in the news with just some sentences.

Edited by oxmox

Press is reporting bombs were low-explosive (Gunpowder?) pressure cooker IED's, with nails and BB pellets. The large smoke cloud / lack of crater indicates deflagration. Bomb 1 was left in a duffel bag at the rear of the spectators.

Unreal, people grabbing Marathon jackets meant for people who completed the Marathon.

casually checking sizes, grabbing as many as they could, all the while people are blown apart

a few yards away.

http://youtu.be/1hM7Ura6Q4w

Ebay is now actively blocking sales of items meant to exploit this event.

Reminds me of an accident I witnessed years ago

Guy on a bicycle got run over and killed by a bus

his bike survived intact and some guy waltzed out

out of a building across the street, picked up the bike

and starting strolling off with it.

when the cops grabbed him and the bike, asking what the fuck he was doing

the guy casually answered" "What's wrong, he doesn't need it anymore"..

he was actually offended that the police dared stop him and take the bike back

and threatened to arrest him for interfering with a accident investigation.

Edited by jblackrupert

It's funny how the commentators say "Thermal blankets"... ya right.

Here's a description of the bombs that appear to be similar to IED's used in Afghanistan and have appeared iin Al-qaeda publications.

http://news.yahoo.com/details-ap-says-explosives-used-bombings-contained-pressure-180225422.html

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/mXTVmZSRanUwyM9MHlZIAg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ScreenSnapz025.jpg

Edited by jblackrupert

If your going to ask questions, ask yourself with this amount of trained personal in the area, how this bag and other things slipped through, let alone CCTV, deff need to know the surveillance of that area at the time and throughout, wide open at the end point/finish of the marathon, camera central. A large area that need a deep looking into. Thats instead of focusing over what personal "type" was right their.

It slipped through along with the other 1000's of marathon kit bags that everyone was carrying. There are so many bags at marathons there is even a bag drop service for those who don't have friends/family to look after their kit. Possibly why the terrorists chose it - someone carrying a sports bag wouldn't look out of place? The hundreds of abandoned bags caused a major security headache as they all had to be examined - thought this was common knowledge and widely reported?

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

Some of you really need to think about why some posts were deleted. Don't try to paint yourself a skeptic and try to pass off your conspiracy theory.

I'm leaving your post alone since it was posted before I posted my warnings and is not a conspiracy theory.

@Moderators: I like to request a removal of my earlier edited posts on page one and two, including the quoted pieces of text.

I already removed it's content not wanting to hurt more people's feelings whilst the message is up and visible for the time being until they're deleted.

@All: You all do have my apologies over the matter, but I stupidly let my emotions get the better of me, and I'm sorry for that.

Unreal, people grabbing Marathon jackets meant for people who completed the Marathon.

casually checking sizes, grabbing as many as they could, all the while people are blown apart

a few yards away.

Phaha, Man this is great! The Peasants looting the field of slaughter like vultures.

Here's a description of the bombs that appear to be similar to IED's used in Afghanistan and have appeared iin Al-qaeda publications.

Yeah right like "Inspire" Magazin where Djihadis look smiling in the camera like this would be some touching picture story how i met my soul mate and we having fun together behind the kalaschnikov. And those GMX adresses at the end where wannabe al quaidas should mail there job aplication to. These Al Quaida publications are all so fake. But since they repeat so often "IED" while about other event it was just a "Bomb" makes me think they realy plan to construct some sort of rightwing ex-military veteran worked together with Al Quaida to blow stuff up, like in this series "Homeland".

Among the dead is a 8 year old child.

This makes me sick

Why do i have the bad feeling that Obama will again wish a tear away from the outer side of his eye while looking down for the child who died in the event, and than making such a horrible statement like banning gun powder while everyone is in some sort of trance and the rest doesn't dare to say something against it, because otherwise a bunch of retarted inquistionaries would scream them down how they would insult the families of the victims and such nonsense.

So what? A supposed white guy in a hoodie. At least it looks like the evil white terrorists from the "See Something, Say Something" adds.

Two high resolution images before the bomb attacks showing the crowded area (marathon clock - 2:35 and 3:36; bombs blowed up at 4:10 around):

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8533/8653825528_0960909edd_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8126/8654617135_29c34da7f0_k.jpg

What's the red marker for in the second picture, Is that the general area of interest?

Some of you really need to think about why some posts were deleted. Don't try to paint yourself a skeptic and try to pass off your conspiracy theory.

I haven't passed off anything, I just asked some questions, seems I got some logical replies (thanks), is this a forum or not? How can anything I posted be based on a theory to conspire? Does anyone want to know the security aspect to this and its failings? Is that not a valid question to ask? So why is it that asking this puts me in the "Conspiracy theory" assumed list?

It might be worth reading my posts sometimes, none of it was a suggestion, all were media links, valid questions from said media and also logical to the fact that in such a well covered area this got through which should be asked by everyone and all involved in ref to the security even Fox has asked about this.

Edited by mrcash2009

;2374736']What's the red marker for in the second picture' date=' Is that the general area of interest?[/quote']

Nothing, there's a bag small cloth bag on a woman's shoulder, but then there are several bags visible in those shots, none large enough to hold a 6 litre pressure cooker.