Sign in to follow this  
WalkerDown

Today's patch changelog

Don't knowing if the current stamina system is final and if it is affect the player speed, I would say that the sprinting speed is fine for a combat ready soldier.

If possible, this speed should decay at an exponencial factor: very quick at the beginning and for a short ammount of time, comming to a quick drop in speed.

Anyway, the new debug spectator and camera mode are really nice, same for the new animations:

500x400.resizedimage500x400.resizedimage

The transition from up-side steping to laying on your side it's comical, looks like a sack of potatoes going down, but nothing wrong with it.

The game feels smoother now too.

I might be totally off here and its the same as in dev version.....Seems like sprint has an up down motion now that adds to the effect of pounding the pavement and is slightly faster.Crouch run now slower than stand run and the walk speeds feel very realistic and better now.Am pretty content with it as is after spending a few minutes with it.Thanks Smookie!

Not very often I comment on issues like this but got to comment on the speed issue, considering it is supposed to be a sim the speeds are about right now and I do hope they do not go back to being superman again.

Current game speeds:

Walking - 3.55 mph or 5.68 kmh

Running - 10.96 mph or 17.54 kmh

Sprinting - 12.62 mph or 20.20 kmh

To put that in perspective:

Average walking - 3-4 mph

Average running over 1 mile - 10mph

Average sprint over 100m - 14mph

Depending on this comparison... btw. thanks a lot BearBison... i think running speed should be slowed down to 9 mph and sprinting should be changed up to 14 mph (or maybe 13).

This would make us feel the differences between movement speeds more clearly and would make sprinting more like what it should be.

I think there are still bugs in sounds processing, for example in class SoundEnvironExt (footsteps) the volume parameter doesn't seem to count at all.

rock[] = {{"\A3\sounds_f\characters\footsteps\rock_walk_1.wav", 0.0199526, 1, 27}...

I'm talking about 0.0199526, it doesnt matter if it is 0.0199526, 0.00001 or 1000, the sound has the same volume.

I have two annoying bug so far, once I change my combat stance I'm not able to lower my weapon again (double tab ctrl left) the soldier is like shaking once I got that problem.

The other one is that some rocks appear to be black (I should look into my game setting).

Report here:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2793

Does anyone have those issue?

New light rendering added for bushes

Really liking the colors! Though has anyone also experienced some weird LOD issues? Place yourself in a helicopter above the vegetated strip in between the two airstrips and fly a few meters above it. I see lush bushes turning into dead ones and extremely low render distance (pop-up at about 30m or so)

Playing on texture quality ultra and object detail very high.

Looks like the MX Assault Rifle can use MX LMG rounds too, up to 100 rounds on 1 mag

Always could...

Looks like the MX Assault Rifle can use MX LMG rounds too, up to 100 rounds on 1 mag

well, its just a futuristic beta c mag, MG36 mags could be used in G36/C too

Last Stand anim for the pistol switched with the normal sitting oneå (interrogation marks is gone..) Whyå

sadpanda

every gear item should have weight and weight should affect speed.

Last Stand anim for the pistol switched with the normal sitting oneå (interrogation marks is gone..) Whyå

sadpanda

Never knew it was in 0.52, since I've never been in a situation where I had to use the pistol as a last option or in that sort of position. I assume the normal sitting one means, the open legged sitting position?

Anyone else getting a "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.arifle_MX_Hamr_point_grip_F'" error? I'm guessing they've changed the class name of that rifle to something else... (I may be getting it as one of the units in a mod of mine is using that weapon).

EDIT:

That error has broken all primary weapons in my config, not sure whether it's all weapon classnames have been changed OR if it's a single rifle breaking the config. Oh and they've still got the ARCO/RCO listed as 12x Magnification :rolleyes:

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

The new fog is nice, but unfortunately it seems to have the incredible ability to nullify sound...

As in... gunfire and explosions are no longer audible when concealed in fog, lol. :o

I can toss a frag 30 ft in front of me and if it's in the fog... it generates no sound whatsoever.

Have the servers not updated yet, I'm getting red circles for most of them.

I can definitely say that new fog is not present in stable build. Also dont see any changes in mid-range texture.

BearBison, Von_Emmy, both of you left out combat pace! With a long gun that's 6.44 mph or 10.37 km/h (specifically 10.3688) and with a sidearm that's 6.3 mph or 10.14 km/h (specifically 10.1423). I don't recall what the speed amounts in mph or km/h were in Arma 2, but I recall a comment earlier from Vespa before the public alpha release that running and sprint would actually be slower than in Arma 2, while tactical pace was intended to be precisely halfway between run and walk (which would be about the same as Arma 2).

Also note that what BearBison described are all, I want to emphasize this, straight-line-forward speeds -- moving in any other direction (i.e. attempting to move forward-and-laterally/"diagonally", strafe, rearward or rearward-and-laterally) does result in slower speeds than what BearBison and I reported. For example, forward-and-rightward ("diagonal") combat pace with a long gun is about 4.71 mph or 7.58706 km/h while forward-and-leftward with a long gun is about 4.52 mph or 7.28 km/h (specifically 7.27995)... whereas forward-and-rightward combat pace with a sidearm is 4.62 mph or 7.44 km/h (specifically 7.44021) while forward-and-leftward with a sidearm is 4.48 mph or 7.2 km/h (specifically 7.20242).

No idea how much if any of this (the design decision) changed between that and the public alpha release, much less from the release up until this point, but I can safely say that I still feel combat pace as noticeably faster enough than the old LShift walk from Arma 2 (now the W+S toggle) to be relevant and have utility in a CQB situation such as room clearing or attempting to slice the pie... then again, my recollection of the Arma 2 walk was "slow as molasses".

;2373856']Never knew it was in 0.52' date=' since I've never been in a situation where I had to use the pistol as a last option or in that sort of position. I assume the normal sitting one means, the open legged sitting position?[/quote']Previously the position was more of a supine, reclining position -- hence screenshots or videos such as this that specifically exploited said position with beach chairs. :D

Although, the prone to sitting animation with a pistol appears noticeably slower than with a long gun, and if you're doing it with a pistol on an incline, there's a good chance of the rifle stock clipping through the character's upper thigh. :eek:

;2373856']Oh and they've still got the ARCO/RCO listed as 12x Magnification :rolleyes:
Speaking of "bugs that didn't get resolved in time for stable build 0.54.103957' date=' the walking-forward-constantly-unless-you-interrupt-it bug and the MXM being rechambered in 6.5 mm NATO but still needing a 7.62 mm suppressor issues are also in the stable build.

The new prone positions are nice and everything, but aren't they a bit elaborate? For one thing, you have to be quite far in behind a corner to use them, or else you expose your whole torso when you lean out. When I first saw people writing about about new 'prone lean', I thought it'd be a more simple movement, just leaning to the side or even the sort of half-roll thing that you can still do on your right side.

The new camera tool is totally awesome though. And the debug menu.

Unlike the 'half-roll' the two new prone positions allow your character to move 'laterally' (or rather, perpendicular to the direction of fire) with the default Strafe Left and Strafe Right keybinds (i.e. A and D) whereas the 'half-roll' is stationary.

Also the debug console seems to be available in preview mode, which is great.

yes I notice this, how do I use the console, and is there a guide to using the debug console.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

All changes from the dev builds should be in. The changelog posted above is just from the issue tracker and unlikely to be complete, i.e. there may be other changes that are not on the tracker. (Btw. yes, there were some changes to class names aswell.)

Will there be an updated list of class name changes.