liukang168

Terminator Rising (WIP)

Should Terminator Rising MOD participate @ Make Arma Not War contest  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should Terminator Rising MOD participate @ Make Arma Not War contest

• TR Mod - Yeah take part!
    • Nah better not ...

It's a good thing that you didn't lose any work ^^ I have a question though, will all the units be playable in the editor incase I wanted to fly around in a drone or something of the sort?

It's a good thing that you didn't lose any work ^^ I have a question though, will all the units be playable in the editor incase I wanted to fly around in a drone or something of the sort?

Yeah, unless we make it unavailable as it is in dayz ;)

Will take me some days to get back on the track.

Edited by liukang168

The potential of this mod sounds amazing. I hope you ride this through and enlist some help, I'm sure a team is needed for this sort of endeavor but it would be so worth it. I can already picture the scenarios with a mod like this. Looking forward to more updates, good luck with this.

The potential of this mod sounds amazing. I hope you ride this through and enlist some help, I'm sure a team is needed for this sort of endeavor but it would be so worth it. I can already picture the scenarios with a mod like this. Looking forward to more updates, good luck with this.

Yeah we are indeed in need of more modders ...

http://www.terminatorrising.com/join-the-dev-team

Sorry for no news, been very busy with my company. Will be gone for another 2 weeks ...

I LL BE BACK!

Edited by liukang168

Yeah we are indeed in need of more modders ...

http://www.terminatorrising.com/join-the-dev-team

Sorry for no news, been very busy with my company. Will be gone for another 2 weeks ...

I LL BE BACK!

Still to busy, but we are recruiting more devs at the moment. As one wise guy said, a good mod is like a good wine. They just take some time :)

awesome no Terminator stuff since A1 :p best of luck

We are back!

t_800_1.jpg

Though still a very small team, but we are still working on the project.

If anyone would love to join our team please do not hesitate to contact me.

Here is some of the progess we have done so far, but we require a lot more ...

http://www.terminatorrising.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-making-of-tr-mod.37/

This has probably been mentioned, but, taking part in the contest with a third party IP (one owned by a multi-billion movie company no less) would be a bad move.

As it is, I like the Idea, I really like the 3D work you're showing, but I´d suggest keeping it a mod out of BI's contest unless you want to make up a unique background story. And there are many takeoff points with the overlord robots you could take, with many stories with more complex and interesting background stories than terminator ready to serve as inspiration.

This has probably been mentioned, but, taking part in the contest with a third party IP (one owned by a multi-billion movie company no less) would be a bad move.

As it is, I like the Idea, I really like the 3D work you're showing, but I´d suggest keeping it a mod out of BI's contest unless you want to make up a unique background story. And there are many takeoff points with the overlord robots you could take, with many stories with more complex and interesting background stories than terminator ready to serve as inspiration.

Yes, I agree on your points, thats why I want to make a poll to see and get opinions.

Thanks.

FRICKING AWESOME! This is something to follow. keep up the work guys!

Awesome work, i always loved the terminator movies, making it playable in a game like Arma3 would be even more exciting!

One question, will you have the resistance group in the mod too?

Awesome work, i always loved the terminator movies, making it playable in a game like Arma3 would be even more exciting!

One question, will you have the resistance group in the mod too?

Hi Günter,

of course will there be resitance. It will be the most important side. Blue = army / red = skynet and ....

Though I didnt take much time yet to get something togehter for the resistance, but a someone made a nice suggestion:

http://www.terminatorrising.com/forum/index.php?threads/suggestions-for-resistance.166/

When asked "what is Arma?", i always say it's what you make it to be. This is a fantastic example of just that, and i truly look forward to seeing more!

Saw some promissing stuff on your forums.

Really hope that this will be some inspiration for other modders to finally enter the future.

g38d26e0f.gif damn sorry i glanced at it and thought it was the standard-issue Model 101

I Always liked to add some science fiction touch to my mission...

This add-on will be a very very very nice touch....

COngrats!

Guys, don't bother with the Make Arma Not War contest. Remember, you're working on someone else's copyrighted work ;)

If they change the title and designs of the robots I think they may be eligible.

Guys, don't bother with the Make Arma Not War contest. Remember, you're working on someone else's copyrighted work ;)

+1

yeah right

Looks awesome. if that will be finished as promised,and ACE mod gets inot A3,then ill probably start playing Arma3.

Great work.. I was so frustrated trying to make the old A1 Terminator mod work in A2!! Can't wait to try this out!!!

+1

yeah right

IceBreakr is simply pointing out that "Terminator" is a copyrighted franchise. So if you enter it into the Make Arma Not War contest you are attempting to make a profit from this franchise that you have no rights to.

Attempting to do this is considered illegal and you will receive a Cease and Desist order from the rights owner. If you continue work after receiving the C&D it is highly likely that you will be sued.

IceBreakr is simply pointing out that "Terminator" is a copyrighted franchise. So if you enter it into the Make Arma Not War contest you are attempting to make a profit from this franchise that you have no rights to.

Attempting to do this is considered illegal and you will receive a Cease and Desist order from the rights owner. If you continue work after receiving the C&D it is highly likely that you will be sued.

Absolutely right. My bad for even thinking about it ... Will get the poll and that contest topic removed.