liukang168

Terminator Rising (WIP)

Should Terminator Rising MOD participate @ Make Arma Not War contest  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should Terminator Rising MOD participate @ Make Arma Not War contest

• TR Mod - Yeah take part!
    • Nah better not ...

Models is a thing, animation is a other part, good luck^^ i wait it since my born.

Models is a thing, animation is a other part, good luck^^ i wait it since my born.

The Terminators is not much of a problem, as we already got them walking. You are right anyhow. As we do not have an organic mesh that is moving with the body parts, sometimes it looks "weired".

My main problem at the moment is the texturing part, the animation coding or rigging of the model is not.

We simply lack of mod members. But we will see...

At the moment its 2 guys that are actively working on the models, we got some other members but ... they seem to be very quiet.

P.S. Its rather Model is one thing, animation the easy and texturing the horrible part :D

Edited by liukang168

Hello everyone,

i have been working on a remake of my HK 500 flight unit. This is what turned out after a few days ... underbody and decals still need to be done. But here a sneak preview ...

making%20of8_low.jpg

Edited by liukang168

Looking so forward to this mod!

Yeah same here! ^^

Almost done with the high res model of the Hunter Killer ...

HK500_alpha2_low.jpg

HK500_alpha3_low.jpg

HK500_alpha_all.jpg

Edited by liukang168

The models are looking great!

Very much looking forward to this. I do hope that AI is taken into account too, in order to achieve a proper Terminator experience. All the machines ought to function pretty much how the zombies do in DayZ I guess, (patrol, then seek and destroy) but perhaps with more wandering, and cross-group communication, like a more advanced GUARD function...

The models are looking great!

Very much looking forward to this. I do hope that AI is taken into account too, in order to achieve a proper Terminator experience. All the machines ought to function pretty much how the zombies do in DayZ I guess, (patrol, then seek and destroy) but perhaps with more wandering, and cross-group communication, like a more advanced GUARD function...

Yeah exactly.

We will work on the mod itself once we got 1 air & land vehicle as well as the terminators ready.

Still need to gather more information about possibilities.

Now I got a plasma rifle... ho ho ho

M95 - Plasma Rifle

m95_low.jpg

Please bear in mind this is just a learning model i made for texturing ...

Edited by liukang168

Looking solid. I'd say the most tedious aspect of texturing your work is the uvmapping of the terminators. Quality uvs and these would be a breeze to texture, rvmat

Looking solid. I'd say the most tedious aspect of texturing your work is the uvmapping of the terminators. Quality uvs and these would be a breeze to texture, rvmat

You are damn right, uvmapping them is a hell of work.

We are at the moment optimizing the Terminator models. ... so many surfaces. We are on it. We need to find a compromise between realism, functionality in aspect of animation, visual and performance engine wise.

Most of our terminators have around 250k-500k polys so this needs a proper clean downgrade ...

I can imagine. A good high to low poly bake, quality edited normals and textures, proper application of specular mapping, these will look so sick ingame. The ships and weapons will be a lot easier, as they are darker colors

great ! just can't wait ! will be perfect for the 2035 A.D context

I'd be interested in content that is T1/T2 style, authentic to Cameron's future scenes.

G6phkz6.jpg

T3 & Salvation are just fan fiction cashing in on a familiar property, might as well have aliens and predators in them.

Edited by DMB_

I'd be interested in content that is T1/T2 style, authentic to Cameron's future scenes.

http://i.imgur.com/G6phkz6.jpg

T3 & Salvation are just fan fiction cashing in on a familiar property, might as well have aliens and predators in them.

We might evolve to this timeline on a later stage of the development.

I like them all, but for the beginning as well for a start the Salvation timeline is more suitable with arma.

this mod is looking sick!! (good)

keep it up man, doing a fantastic job.

I love how this mod is rising :-) keep up the great works guys!

Just before I leave for the next 3 weeks i wanted to post 2 more screens. Its been a hard week for me learning this UV-Mapping and texture making. Though this is my first result of the more complex model. Its just the very first screen after working myself though photoshop.

I know there are lots of errors, missplaced or badly alligned, bad scaling of the normals ... I ll get on this as soon as I am back. But here ... see you in a few weeks.

P.S. 19.800 polygons / 4k AO Map / plus Normal maps ... no colour map yet ... no time!

Skynets Hunter Killer (HK 500) ...

screen04.jpg

screen05.jpg

Edited by liukang168

No updates? Yeah I am just 2 busy at the moment with my company. Will be back in November ...

Wish I had a dedicated modding team ...

• Sad 1