bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

On 6/30/2021 at 8:01 PM, fawlty said:

I'm aware this issue is not based on Striders update but does anyone know why sometimes, be it Inf, Civilians, Tanks  or whatever sometimes have a waypoint located at the bottom left (0,0,0) corner of the map?

I go into zeus to correct it but it would be nice if it didn't happen.

If a waypoint was being set at [0,0,0] that would imply that something went wrong with the waypoint creation.  I have not come across this problem.  Always a pain to test, as we all like our toys, but do you see this issue when using vanlilla units and maps?

On 6/30/2021 at 8:01 PM, fawlty said:

Also phronk a couple of post up mentioned

"setTriggerInterval script command to increase the interval value. I personally set it to 2, whereas by default a trigger's interval is 0.5"

The triggers are set in the eos_core.sqf and b_core.sqf files.  Search for the createTrigger command and, at the end of the trigger processing, add the line to set the trigger interval.

5 hours ago, strider42 said:

do you see this issue when using vanlilla units and maps?

The last time I noticed it is when I was checking civies on the VR map.

Not a big deal, the only time it's frustrating is when Tank or APC buggers off.

I usually spawn things on separate zones at a different radius.

I always have Zeus to correct things though.

Thanks again for the modification to EOS

Cheers

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is something that I should ask here, or if this is a more general scripting question I should ask elsewhere, either way, I'm hoping someone here knows how I can set this up.

I'm trying to add some init code to units spawned with this script (to prevent them from moving).

If anyone can give me some information to point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

On 7/4/2021 at 7:55 PM, 613rehtuv said:

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is something that I should ask here, or if this is a more general scripting question I should ask elsewhere, either way, I'm hoping someone here knows how I can set this up.

I'm trying to add some init code to units spawned with this script (to prevent them from moving).

If anyone can give me some information to point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Ok, so I didn't realize but there is a no-move function built into the EOS script, however, the AI mod my unit uses (LAMBS AI) overrides the "do not move" command.
Basically what I had to do was add another line before the do not move command to disable LAMBS AI on the unit

so with that edit lines 149 and 150 in SHK_Buildingpos.SQF read as follows.

if _disableMove then { _x setVariable ["lambs_danger_disableAI", true]};

if _disableMove then { _x disableAI "PATH"};

I also had to switch { doStop _x; }; for { _x disableAI "PATH"}; as units would still move with { doStop _x; }; set as the second command.

Now this doesn't seem to work on units that are spawned inside manually constructed buildings (for example a Hillhouse we have that is a bunch of separate objects put together, none of which would be classified as a building)

I assume the EOS script isn't applying the commands for a house patrol to those units since they technically weren't spawned in a building (though only house groups were set to spawn)

In any case, I'm not too worried about that, if I populate the Killhouse I'll probably use some other method with manual location selections.

On 7/9/2021 at 4:32 AM, 613rehtuv said:

Now this doesn't seem to work on units that are spawned inside manually constructed buildings (for example a Hillhouse we have that is a bunch of separate objects put together, none of which would be classified as a building)

Yeah it will be looking for defined building positions so if you build a shoothouse or something out separate objects it won't have any build position defined.

HOWEVER, something I learned about the other day, if you're running CBA, you can go into the props tab, filter by CBA and you'll see a cba building position marker thing.
If you place these around your constructed building then scripts that look for building positions will recognize these and place units on them.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:10 PM, JD Wang said:

Yeah it will be looking for defined building positions so if you build a shoothouse or something out separate objects it won't have any build position defined.

HOWEVER, something I learned about the other day, if you're running CBA, you can go into the props tab, filter by CBA and you'll see a cba building position marker thing.
If you place these around your constructed building then scripts that look for building positions will recognize these and place units on them.

oh, cool, I'll give that a try.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:10 PM, JD Wang said:

18 hours ago, 613rehtuv said:

oh, cool, I'll give that a try.

I tried putting the markers on various points within the EOS zone but unfortunately, it just plops them down in the center as before (and they still ignore the nomove commands applied to house units) did you have to do anything besides place the markers down?

4 hours ago, 613rehtuv said:

I tried putting the markers on various points within the EOS zone but unfortunately, it just plops them down in the center as before (and they still ignore the nomove commands applied to house units) did you have to do anything besides place the markers down?

Not that I'm aware of, I just put the markers down and units garrison on them when I use LAMB's or CBA garrison commands. not sure why it wouldn't work with EOS

Came across a bug using Striders 2.0 which I haven't solved. Attack heli's don't work for 2.0. I tried using them in 1.98 and they worked as they always have. If you remove the classes as per you'll get a error msg.

_ACHPool=    ["B_Heli_Attack_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F"];
_CHPool=    [];

here's the error msg

1.jpg?raw=1

@fawlty, well done, I wounderd who whould spot that error first 🙄 ...

Now  I have had a look at it this appears to be an error I introduced quite early in my work but because I don't use attack helicopters I did not notice it.

For whatever reason, even if you set the cargo size to zero it sill gives you a transport helicopter that will deliver 1 unit to the AO.  @fawltyas you have no helicopters in the transprort pool you get an error because it is trying to create a vehicle of class "" (i.e. an empty string).

I'll have a look through the code and see why it no longer works.  S

• Like 1

Ya I don't usually use attack heli's that much in my missions but decided to bring in an apache for a major battle but it never showed up.

I spent quite some time testing and was able to create the error msg, as you say if no heli's are added to the transport pool.

This didn't happen with 1.98 that's  how I confirmed something had changed between 1.98 and 2.0.

I appreciate your response. S

Sorry in advance if I missed to read answer if there in last 59 pages in thread so far.. I tried also searching in EOS/functions..

Is there a way for AI to activate EOS zone? Something like !player or playerSIde ?

Maybe it will point to right direction if I tell what exactly I want to do:

Player is pilot on assault apparatus which is in hangar far away of EOSzone but land targets are in zone of course. I need few kilometers away grouped to player AI to enter the zone and activate EOS spawning from openME.sqf definition so pilot in Lukow airfield have existing (already spawned) targets to search for before take of. Actually I want AI to activate the zones not only player..

Sorry on my self/google English please and thanks in advance

On 8/8/2021 at 12:25 PM, Nemanjic said:

Is there a way for AI to activate EOS zone? Something like !player or playerSIde ?

Maybe it will point to right direction if I tell what exactly I want to do:

Player is pilot on assault apparatus which is in hangar far away of EOSzone but land targets are in zone of course. I need few kilometers away grouped to player AI to enter the zone and activate EOS spawning from openME.sqf definition so pilot in Lukow airfield have existing (already spawned) targets to search for before take of. Actually I want AI to activate the zones not only player..

I think it would be possible to do this however the way that caching and zone cleared works means it may be hard to implement without altering the way EOS works  S

I love using EOS in my missions, has anyone tried EOS with a large group of player, say around 40 to 50.

Hello! 
Can anybody tell me why vehicles are spawned without a crew?

I changed the AIPool (#5) and added Western Sahara units.

It spawns infantry as it should, but vehicles are spawned without infantry, so empty vehicles..

Spawning the default:

null = [["EOSinf_1"],[2,2],[2,2],[0,0],[4],[0],[0,3],[1,0,600,WEST,TRUE]] call EOS_Spawn;

works great. Any idea?

omri2050, I've been running into this problem which I never had in the past with some of my compositions.

Example, I used to be able to remove,  say a vehicle crew and change out the vehicle to whatever I required then added the crew back into the vehicle, but now when I do that the crew is non existent in game.

I experimented with this yesterday and as long as I delete the vehicle and add a new one the crew will be available as it has been in the past.

Could be somethings changed during some update. I use CUP alot so don't know if this is happening with vanilla assets. 

4 hours ago, fawlty said:

omri2050, I've been running into this problem which I never had in the past with some of my compositions.

Example, I used to be able to remove,  say a vehicle crew and change out the vehicle to whatever I required then added the crew back into the vehicle, but now when I do that the crew is non existent in game.

I experimented with this yesterday and as long as I delete the vehicle and add a new one the crew will be available as it has been in the past.

Could be somethings changed during some update. I use CUP alot so don't know if this is happening with vanilla assets. 

I was actually going to edit my question as I found a pool for AI crew...If it's not filled, crews will not spawned 🙂
My bad.

One thing though, the spawned vehicles drive very fast. Any way to limit their speed? I checked the patrol SQF file, and it is set to "LIMITED" yet I think I'm not looking at the right place...any idea?

not sure if I am using the right version, but the units are spawning again if I stay too long in the marker zone (even if I kill them all). 
Version is v2.01a and I am using this :
[_markersStaticInf,[2,1,50],[0,0,0],[0,0],[0],[0],[0,0],[0,1,600,LB_VAR_ENNEMY_SIDE,TRUE,true]] call eos_core_launch;
Any idea ?

hmm this gets more and more confusing, all the links I find have missing files (fnc_functions.hpp or eos_launch.sqf missing).
And if I "scrap" previous versions to get a full v2.01a with no missing files, I get this bug where the units spawn again if they are killed, leading to endless battles...
Is there a clean version somewhere ?

scratch that, for some reason it was not downloading properly but the files are complete after several trails.
Still get those never ending spawns with 2.01a though. I was thinking that EOS would cache what's left of a zone and only spawn what was not killed?

On 3/4/2022 at 2:42 PM, super-truite said:

Still get those never ending spawns with 2.01a though. I was thinking that EOS would cache what's left of a zone and only spawn what was not killed?

You are obviously correct, endless resspawning, is not what it is supposed to be doing.

I'll look into it when I can but it may be a while.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 7:54 AM, strider42 said:

@fawlty, well done, I wounderd who whould spot that error first 🙄 ...

Now  I have had a look at it this appears to be an error I introduced quite early in my work but because I don't use attack helicopters I did not notice it.

For whatever reason, even if you set the cargo size to zero it sill gives you a transport helicopter that will deliver 1 unit to the AO.  @fawltyas you have no helicopters in the transprort pool you get an error because it is trying to create a vehicle of class "" (i.e. an empty string).

I'll have a look through the code and see why it no longer works.  S

I also noticed another error, ships/boats and diver groups seem to not be getting their waypoints properly. Basically the ships/boats were just not moving and seemed to have no waypoints, when I looked at through ZEUS.

Now for suggestions, I think that it could be interesting a way to have both Attack + Transport helicopters at the same. Perhaps make it similar to how we can have both tanks + transport vehicles (by them being different variables on the parameter that calls the EOS/Bastion system).

Also something that could be interesting would be a way to make each enemy "type" spawn on preset locations when using the "Bastion" mode. Basically place a few markers, and list these inside the array like this:
 [PATROL GROUPS,SIZE OF GROUPS,["MarkerInf1","MarkerInf2","MarkerInf3"]], 
 [LIGHT VEHICLES,SIZE OF CARGO,["MarkerMot1","MarkerMot2","MarkerMot3"]],
 [ARMOURED VEHICLES,["MarkerArm1","MarkerArm2","MarkerArm3"]],
 [HELICOPTERS,SIZE OF HELICOPTER CARGO,["MarkerCH1","MarkerCH2","MarkerCH3"]],
etc.

Finally, maybe create a new thread so that you may appear as the "Thread Starter", and also be able to have the latest version of the script/system on the very first page of thread.