bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

Hi all,

Please, is it possible to make the spawned AI assume stealthy behavior?

I mean, is there a way to select one of the existing behavior like combat, aware, stealth, etc?

I have used EOS for several years and love it, thanks. It seems several days ago there was a change to ARMA3 that makes the AI aim bots and keeps the skill levels from working in EOS.has anyone else noticed this???

On 2018-09-15 at 4:42 PM, imager6 said:

I have used EOS for several years and love it, thanks. It seems several days ago there was a change to ARMA3 that makes the AI aim bots and keeps the skill levels from working in EOS.has anyone else noticed this???

My server's working fine. However there seems to have been major AI improvements which I personally love! I can still set skill properly but my version of EOS is from ~2014 sometime. 

Has anyone made a persistent mission using these? I'd like the grids we clear to remain clear after server restart etc. Allows for a fully dynamic insurgency mission played as a campaign. 

EDIT: I didn't see that my post was the last post. 

Edited by Spatsiba
Double post

Honestly @Spatsiba I think you're better off using something like ALiVE for that considering it's got built in persistence etc 

4 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Honestly @Spatsiba I think you're better off using something like ALiVE for that considering it's got built in persistence etc 

Yeah but that's another mod to add and I'm a madman. Going to see what happens if I save a list with all the marker names when they've been cleared lol

11 hours ago, pappagoat said:

Is there a way to enable EOS zones by a trigger?

Sure.

instead of calling the areas from the openMe.sqf of the EOS folder, call the function in a trigger with whatever condition you like (i/e present/not present/whatever), and then

null=[["M1","M2","M3"],[HOUSE GROUPS,SIZE OF GROUPS,PROBABILITY],[PATROL GROUPS,SIZE OF GROUPS,PROBABILITY],[LIGHT VEHICLES,SIZE OF CARGO,PROBABILITY],[ARMOURED VEHICLES,PROBABILITY], [STATIC VEHICLES,PROBABILITY],[HELICOPTERS,SIZE OF HELICOPTER CARGO,PROBABILITY],[FACTION,MARKERTYPE,DISTANCE,SIDE,HEIGHTLIMIT,DEBUG]] call EOS_Spawn;

in "on act" field

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Sure.

instead of calling the areas from the openMe.sqf of the EOS folder, call the function in a trigger with whatever condition you like (i/e present/not present/whatever), and then

null=[["M1","M2","M3"],[HOUSE GROUPS,SIZE OF GROUPS,PROBABILITY],[PATROL GROUPS,SIZE OF GROUPS,PROBABILITY],[LIGHT VEHICLES,SIZE OF CARGO,PROBABILITY],[ARMOURED VEHICLES,PROBABILITY], [STATIC VEHICLES,PROBABILITY],[HELICOPTERS,SIZE OF HELICOPTER CARGO,PROBABILITY],[FACTION,MARKERTYPE,DISTANCE,SIDE,HEIGHTLIMIT,DEBUG]] call EOS_Spawn;

in "on act" field

AWESOMENESS:-)

• Like 1

This script is outstanding, works really well. I do have an issue when trying to add custom factions from different mods though.
I am trying to add opfor units using the FIA Faction. (or any other for that matter)

I added this to the OpenMe.sqf. 
null =[["EOSzone1"],[0,0],[2,2],[0,0],[0],[0],[0,0],[5,1,200,EAST,FALSE,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;

And this to the unitPools.sqf.
  EAST FIA FACTION
    if (_faction==5) then {
    _InfPool=    ["O_G_engineer_F","O_G_medic_F","O_G_officer_F","O_G_Soldier_A_F","O_G_Soldier_AR_F","O_G_Soldier_exp_F","O_G_Soldier_F","O_G_Soldier_GL_F","O_G_Soldier_LAT_F","O_G_Soldier_lite_F","O_G_Soldier_M_F","O_G_Soldier_SL_F","O_G_Soldier_TL_F"];

When i try it I get an error pointing to the mission path;
"line 123 error undefined variable in expression _unittype"

I would download a new copy of the script and start fresh. I've never had any issues with custom units, in fact that's all I've use EOS for, so I'm guessing you've accidentally deleted a coma or something silly like that. 
I've done it before, it's easy to do, so try downloading the script again and starting fresh.

• Like 1

This is the absolute best script. I use it on every mission, thanks bangabob! 

On 05/12/2018 at 4:31 AM, chrispools said:

This script is outstanding, works really well. I do have an issue when trying to add custom factions from different mods though.
I am trying to add opfor units using the FIA Faction. (or any other for that matter)

I added this to the OpenMe.sqf. 
null =[["EOSzone1"],[0,0],[2,2],[0,0],[0],[0],[0,0],[5,1,200,EAST,FALSE,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;

And this to the unitPools.sqf.
  EAST FIA FACTION
    if (_faction==5) then {
    _InfPool=    ["O_G_engineer_F","O_G_medic_F","O_G_officer_F","O_G_Soldier_A_F","O_G_Soldier_AR_F","O_G_Soldier_exp_F","O_G_Soldier_F","O_G_Soldier_GL_F","O_G_Soldier_LAT_F","O_G_Soldier_lite_F","O_G_Soldier_M_F","O_G_Soldier_SL_F","O_G_Soldier_TL_F"];

When i try it I get an error pointing to the mission path;
"line 123 error undefined variable in expression _unittype"

_unittype looks like a typo, I checked my version, Don't see unittype anywhere...

Anyone have any idea how to make EOS patrolling conditional? So, for example, units only patrol if its daytime {daytime > 5 && daytime < 19}, then when its not daytime they stop?

Hi, im fairly new to eos. I really love it so far, makes mission making so much quicker and easier. Ive been reading through the pages on this forum but theres jus too many to go through. I was wondering if there is a way to make units flee after a certain number of deaths.

Example: a bastion with 10 waves and once the last wave spawns in and half of them die they start to flee?

If not, not a big deal. Just thought it would be cool to be able to add to a mission im making. Thanks for your time.

On 5/2/2018 at 9:33 PM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

For everyone who want to get easy the classnames of the units :

You can open the editor and place the units you want , group them to the Player unit  and in the init of the player you add :

grpclasses = []; {hint format["%1",(typeOf  _x)]; grpclasses = grpclasses + [(typeOf _x)]; sleep 1} foreach units group this; copyToClipboard format["%1",grpclasses];

If there is anyone who has something better , please quote this .

Thanks !

Place units, select all, right click on any of them, copy classes. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spatsiba said:

Thanks Spatsiba !

It was that easy ?!!!!!!!!!!!!  :smash:

• Like 1

Hello BAnga! I'm using the EOS script along with another from SPRespawn. It happens that when the player dies, all the mission within the area is erased and starts again. What I can deactivate in the scripts so that when reliving the mission continue normally?.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:37 AM, Spatsiba said:

Might this feature be only in the 3den Enhanced   by @R3vo ?

It can't find on how to do this in the default editor.

Just now, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Might this feature be only in the 3den Enhanced   by @R3vo ?

It can't find on how to do this in the default editor.

Very off topic but no. All you need to do is go to the editor > Place units down > Select them > Right click > Log > Log classes to clipboard. This will also copy the variable names if you have custom ones. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spatsiba said:

All you need to do is

Thank you very much Spatsiba !  :thumb:

• Like 1

Anyone else has or had a problem where the ai spawns normaly but they are like frozen to the position they spawned? Refuse to follow orders from zeus and stuff too..

Any chance you have 'dynamic simulation' enabled and there just isn't an enemy unit near enough to the spawned units to activate their simulation?

With all the updates to vanilla ai, i don't think it's necessary for the ai skill script anymore. If I remove it completely, will it have any additional effects?

Also, I post in grimes simple revival, the units spawning with eos (only eos) aren't going into incapacitated states. Any ideas?