bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

guys? I only want infantry to spawn in the area, how do I do that? I try to remove the classname of the vehicle but i'm getting error

Why are you messing with the classnames? The zone in the openme.sqf is what you need to adjust. Set the first two for patrols and house groups and the reset to zero. That is it.

EXAMPLE CALL - EOS

[["MARKERNAME","MARKERNAME2"],[2,1,70],[0,1],[1,2,30],[2,60],[2],[1,0,10],[1,0,250,WEST]] ,

null=[["M1","M2","M3"],[HOUSE GROUPS,SIZE OF GROUPS,PROBABILITY],[PATROL GROUPS,SIZE OF GROUPS,PROBABILITY],[LIGHT VEHICLES,SIZE OF CARGO,PROBABILITY],[ARMOURED VEHICLES,PROBABILITY], [sTATIC VEHICLES,PROBABILITY],[HELICOPTERS,SIZE OF HELICOPTER CARGO,PROBABILITY],[FACTION,MARKERTYPE,DISTANCE,SIDE,HEIGHTLIMIT,DEBUG]] ,

Example:

[["ZoneName""],[0,0],[1,1,100],[0,0],[0],[0],[0,0],[2,1,400,EAST,FALSE]]

Hi I would like to know how to make a HQ where you can select the missions like single player does. My idea is to start a player from nothing in a empty HQ. From it start missions, save the weapons, vehicles and ammo I found in that missions, and if it posible, to recluit soldiers. Thx!

How do I disable the caching feature if a want to?

The caching is handled in eos_cores.sqf but removing it looks like a fair bit of work.

You could try removing all the _cache scripting...I'd be amazed if this didn't break everything else though.

Maybe an easier way would be creating a mobile spawn vehicle, instant player respawn and setting the spawn distance for eos quite far.  That way the zone never caches because players are respawning nearby thus keeping the zone active. 

Hi I would like to know how to make a HQ where you can select the missions like single player does. My idea is to start a player from nothing in a empty HQ. From it start missions, save the weapons, vehicles and ammo I found in that missions, and if it posible, to recluit soldiers. Thx!

I think this is outside the scope of EOS.

I suggest you look into the alive mod, it does much of what you're after when properly configured.

I think this is outside the scope of EOS.

I suggest you look into the alive mod, it does much of what you're after when properly configured.

Thanks for reply my friend, I will give it a look.

Having an issue spawning RHS Indy chernorus Ground Forces in Enemy Occupation System. Here is the script I wrote for them null = [["EOSinf_1"],[3,1],[2,3],[0,0],[0],[0],[0,0],[5,1,350,GUER,TRUE]] call EOS_Spawn;

EDIT: Solved my issue. Looking at an old tutorial.

null=[["EOSinf_1"],[3,1,100],[2,3,100],[0,0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0,0],[5,1,350,INDEPENDENT,TRUE,FALSE]]call EOS_Spawn;

• Like 1

null=[["EOSinf_1"],[3,1,100],[2,3,100],[0,0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0,0],[5,1,350,INDEPENDENT,TRUE,FALSE]]call EOS_Spawn;

Thanks. Found out I was looking at an older tutorial.

EOS is fine, but it needs more options. The bastion has the problem that the enemy comes from a 360 angle.

I changed it by changing the value

//SPAWN LIGHT VEHICLES
_bGrp=[];
for "_counter" from 1 to _LVehGroups do {

_newpos = [_mPos, (_Placement +200), random 90] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
if (surfaceiswater _newpos) then {_vehType=8;_cargoType=10;}else{_vehType=7;_cargoType=9;};

_bGroup=[_newpos,_side,_faction,_vehType]call EOS_fnc_spawnvehicle;

if ((_LVgroupSize select 0) > 0) then{
0=[(_bGroup select 0),_LVgroupSize,(_bGroup select 2),_faction,_cargoType] call eos_fnc_setcargo;
};

0=[(_bGroup select 2),"LIGskill"] call eos_fnc_grouphandlers;
_bGrp set [count _bGrp,_bGroup];
if (_debug) then {player sidechat format ["Light Vehicle:%1 - r%2",_counter,_LVehGroups];0= [_mkr,_counter,"Light Veh",(getpos leader (_bGroup select 2))] call EOS_debug};
};

from 360 i tuned it down to 90 but still this applies to ALL Bastions that are called. Would there any chance of being able to decide the direction of the enemy attack?
Thank you for your time.

• Like 1

Hi !

First of all, I love this script and I'm currently using it in some of my missions.

Sadly, we encountered an issue last time :

After clearing a truck (originally full of enemies, spawned via EOS on a zone), we decided to use it to go to our next objective. Unfortunately, as we were driving on the road, the truck suddenly despawned, leaving us wounded in the middle of nowhere. I guess we went too far away of the truck's original zone and it was cached.

Did someone, by any chance, already encountered this issue and found a way to fix it?

I'm trying to do it myself, but I can't seem to find how.

Hi all. I have a question about how do EOS units handle conflict in their vecinity. For example, we have unit A and unit B patrolling EOS zone X, if unit A finds an enemy group and engages them, does unit B come to their aid?

Thanks in advance!

Sadly, we encountered an issue last time :

After clearing a truck (originally full of enemies, spawned via EOS on a zone), we decided to use it to go to our next objective. Unfortunately, as we were driving on the road, the truck suddenly despawned, leaving us wounded in the middle of nowhere. I guess we went too far away of the truck's original zone and it was cached.

Ok so I seemed to have fix it.

In eos/core/eos_core.sqf, in the caching part, there was this :

if (!(vehicle player == _vehicle)) then {{deleteVehicle _x} forEach[_vehicle];};

I guess it was to prevent eos from deleting vehicle in which the player is. IMHO, while it may very well work in SP, locality in MP may be a bit of a mess, so I did this instead :

_playerIsCrew = 0;
{
  if(isPlayer _x) then {
    _playerIsCrew = 1;
  };
} forEach crew _vehicle;
if (!(vehicle player == _vehicle) && _playerIsCrew == 0) then {{deleteVehicle _x} forEach[_vehicle];};

I ran some quick tests and it now seems to work, I'll update depending on what I see in the future.

Hi all. I have a question about how do EOS units handle conflict in their vecinity. For example, we have unit A and unit B patrolling EOS zone X, if unit A finds an enemy group and engages them, does unit B come to their aid?

Thanks in advance!

Hi !

Sadly, I don't think so. As I understand the scripts, the patrol seems to be based on SHK_patrol, which is based on BIS_fnc_taskPatrol.

So no, other patrols won't come to the rescue on their own.

I'm currently trying to implement parts of GAIA (the AI engine from MCC) in EOS, but I did not get any satisfying results yet.

• Like 1

Hi !

Sadly, I don't think so. As I understand the scripts, the patrol seems to be based on SHK_patrol, which is based on BIS_fnc_taskPatrol.

I'm currently trying to implement parts of GAIA (the AI engine from MCC) in EOS, but I did not get any satisfying results yet.

Thanks for the quick reply. A shame that nearby units do not respond to allies in combat. Also I find very interesting what you are trying to accomplish, any news you have please keep me posted!

Hi !

Have you considered using an enhanced AI system ? Personally I use Vcom   http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25381            (which my group thinks is very good - there is a mod and script version), in conjunction with EOS. 

I used to use GAIA and still do occasionally or in parts of my missions, but I find using EOS for essentially spawning/caching and then making them smarter with Vcom, is a good balance. Worth a try.

• Like 1

Have you considered using an enhanced AI system ? Personally I use Vcom   http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25381            (which my group thinks is very good - there is a mod and script version), in conjunction with EOS. 

I used to use GAIA and still do occasionally or in parts of my missions, but I find using EOS for essentially spawning/caching and then making them smarter with Vcom, is a good balance. Worth a try.

My group uses ASR AI3, anyways I tried using VCOM together with EOS but it didnt seem to work.

Do you use any special configuration to make them work together?

Thanks a lot for this, I spend 2 hour banging my head to figure how to spawn guerilla faction properly !

My group uses ASR AI3, anyways I tried using VCOM together with EOS but it didnt seem to work.

Do you use any special configuration to make them work together?

No special config.  ASR AI is good as well. I just did a quick test, for peace of mind. Using EOS, I put a couple of patrols and some occupying buildings in a 250x250 marker. I have a debug, which shows all groups on the map and also their behavior and if it changes i.e. from safe to danger/combat, etc.. I engaged one patrol and the other AI on the map responded within a minute or so, even the one's that were occupying buildings, some stayed inside, but some moved out and were trying to flank me, etc.  repeated without using Vcom and the response was a lot different. The patrol I contacted was a lot more static and the other ai on the map didn't respond at all. I can defiantly see a major difference.

I wouldn't run ASR AI and Vcom at the same time (if you were). You need to test on a server, not just the editor (local hosted server is fine). It should work if you're running Vcom mod or script version. Not sure what else to suggest. How do you know it didn't work ? 

• Like 1

No special config.  ASR AI is good as well. I just did a quick test, for peace of mind. Using EOS, I put a couple of patrols and some occupying buildings in a 250x250 marker. I have a debug, which shows all groups on the map and also their behavior and if it changes i.e. from safe to danger/combat, etc.. I engaged one patrol and the other AI on the map responded within a minute or so, even the one's that were occupying buildings, some stayed inside, but some moved out and were trying to flank me, etc.  repeated without using Vcom and the response was a lot different. The patrol I contacted was a lot more static and the other ai on the map didn't respond at all. I can defiantly see a major difference.

I wouldn't run ASR AI and Vcom at the same time (if you were). You need to test on a server, not just the editor (local hosted server is fine). It should work if you're running Vcom mod or script version. Not sure what else to suggest. How do you know it didn't work ? 

Thanks for the response. Actually just after asking it came to my mind to try it on a dedi server and it actually worked great (VCOM + EOS) it was exactly what I was looking for. And in the mission everything went well, units tried to flank, move around, pretty good, I recommend it.

Really like this, works better than alot of other AI mods I have tried and seemingly smoother.

Thanks for the response. Actually just after asking it came to my mind to try it on a dedi server and it actually worked great (VCOM + EOS) it was exactly what I was looking for. And in the mission everything went well, units tried to flank, move around, pretty good, I recommend it.

Great. Glad it works for you.