bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

Can eos spawn a single group as well ?  For example I find following in unitPools.sqf

if (_type==4) then {
                _tempUnit=_CHPool select (floor(random(count _CHPool)));
                _temparray set [count _temparray,_tempUnit];
                _crew=_heliCrew select (floor(random(count _heliCrew)));
                _temparray set [count _temparray,_crew];
                        };

Does that mean I can spawn just one  unit of this particular type ?

*Duplication post. Moderator please delete this*

I want to exclude Divers (or any other water/non-water units) from spawning in the waters if a portion of the marker area happens to covers it. I tried emptying _divers array from the unitpools.sqf but throws an error

Thank you

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>E.O.S. Configurator</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="FFFFFF">
<HR>
<iframe width="100%" height="600" src="http://jsfiddle.net/4ygfkd4b/2/embedded/result/" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<HR>
<iframe width="100%" height="120" src="http://jsfiddle.net/tGMaN/126/embedded/result/" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" frameborder="0"></iframe>
</BODY>
</HTML> 

I've written a messy JS to input EOS values, you TAB your way through the fields starting at the top.. But I can't manipulate the final string to remove the dividers. I hope someone codes it better than I did, so we won't need extra fields or copying to the textbox to fix the extra commas.

I want to exclude Divers (or any other water/non-water units) from spawning in the waters if a portion of the marker area happens to covers it. I tried emptying _divers array from the unitpools.sqf but throws an error

Thank you

Ok I have got a lead on this. I believe this line inside infantry_fnc.sqf is calling the diver pool line #16:

if (surfaceiswater _pos) then {_pool=[_faction,1] call eos_fnc_getunitpool;}else{_pool=[_faction,0] call eos_fnc_getunitpool;};

Because inside UnitPools.sqf, this is mentioned at line #261:

if (_type isEqualTo 1) then {_tempArray=_diverPool};

Now I do not know how to ignore surfaceiswater and spawn nothing there. I mean I just want stuff to spawn on land. I cant be going underwater to kill the last remaining diver guy.

Anyone?

Thank you.

Anyone know of any good AI caching scripts that work with EOS? I've tried zorrobytes and it has this strange bug with my Bastion zones that cause the AI groups not to spawn no matter how close the leader gets, until you kill the leader, then they all pop in at once and it looks weird. 

Anyone know of any good AI caching scripts that work with EOS? I've tried zorrobytes and it has this strange bug with my Bastion zones that cause the AI groups not to spawn no matter how close the leader gets, until you kill the leader, then they all pop in at once and it looks weird. 

EOS has an in-built caching system already. See the red figure "250" in the below line:

null = [["MARKERNAME","MARKERNAME2"],[2,1,70],[0,1],[1,2,30],[2,60],[2],[1,0,10],[1,0,250,WEST]] call EOS_Spawn;

That is the spawn distance from the marker border and not from the center. You can customize that number as per your need.

EOS has an in-built caching system already. See the red figure "250" in the below line:

null = [["MARKERNAME","MARKERNAME2"],[2,1,70],[0,1],[1,2,30],[2,60],[2],[1,0,10],[1,0,250,WEST]] call EOS_Spawn;

That is the caching distance from the marker border and not from the center. You can customize that number as per your need.

That isn't really "caching" right? just the spawn distance? Just wondering because if I have a situation where a  sniper looks at the location from outside 250m away (in this example) would the AI spawn or not? it doesn't seem so when I've tried. 

That isn't really "caching" right? just the spawn distance? Just wondering because if I have a situation where a  sniper looks at the location from outside 250m away (in this example) would the AI spawn or not? it doesn't seem so when I've tried. 

Like I said, that distance is adjustable and I atleast use a larger number like 800-900 as I want to scout stuff from afar (like what you are trying to achieve). I am assuming that since you are using EOS and Zbecache together, ZBE doesnt have anything to cache if it isnt spawned. Also, they both might be fighting for the caching at some point. I do not use zbecache when using DAC or EOS. IMHO they both got an amazing cache/spawn distance function :)

To test if units have spawned, you may get a minor lag depending on the number of units you are spawning (higher means more clear lag) for about 1-2 seconds when you have just entered that distance. :P

Also just wondering is there a way to script units that are spawned with EOS? I wanted to add flashlight attachments to my insurgent units for a stealth based mission? 

Ok I have got a lead on this. I believe this line inside infantry_fnc.sqf is calling the diver pool line #16:

if (surfaceiswater _pos) then {_pool=[_faction,1] call eos_fnc_getunitpool;}else{_pool=[_faction,0] call eos_fnc_getunitpool;};

Because inside UnitPools.sqf, this is mentioned at line #261:

if (_type isEqualTo 1) then {_tempArray=_diverPool};

Now I do not know how to ignore surfaceiswater and spawn nothing there. I mean I just want stuff to spawn on land. I cant be going underwater to kill the last remaining diver guy.

Anyone?

Thank you.

My question still remains unsolved guys. Please help :(

Maybe try this?

if (surfaceiswater _pos) then {}else{_pool=[_faction,0] call eos_fnc_getunitpool;};

and 

if (_type isEqualTo 1) then {};

Sorry in advance if this has been resolved somewhere earlier in this thread, I dug through 10 pages or so but I just don't have time to dig through all 57 pages and the forum search wasn't netting me relevant issues. I've got an Exile server up and running and was hoping to use this for some random spawn areas between towns and what not. I managed to successfully get the AI to spawn under the marker as desired, but it seems anything other than [1,0,35,WEST,FALSE,FALSE] and the AI immediately kill eachother upon spawning. My goal is hostile WEST (Blufor) AI, that will attack both Opfor (Zombies on my server) and Independent (players in exile). I tried spawning in the above west group and they spawned fine, didn't attack eachother or player but once I changed the mission to Independent is friendly towards no one, the same above spawned in blufor group immediately went hostile towards eachother until only one remained then attacked me. I tried some different combos before giving up. I wanted to see if EOS was working at all so I loaded the example mission that comes with EOS, dragged one of the authors default markers thats spawns Opfor [0,0,35,EAST,FALSE,FALSE] over to the salt flats so I could see them easier and same thing, as soon as they spawned they killed eachother until only one remained. If anyone has any idea why the AI are killing eachother within the same group spawned together would be greatly appreciated. If any more infor is needed to help, I'll check this regularly tonight and will update with whatever you need. Thanks!

Would anyone have some insight how I could not let the zone/zones deactivate when no blufor human (player is not present). Right now by script default the zones reactive every time there are no human players present in the zone and a new human player enters the zone.

Two questions

1. How can I stop the zone from reactivated again.

2. If you can't do that how can you stop the zone from reactivating if there are still AI blufor units left and alive inside the zone.

I tryed a few months ago on my own but could not understand or follow the script to make this happen. I am back at it because I really want to use this script in a few zones of a mission template I'm working on using some of the communities best scripts as a showcase mission template. Thanks Avibird lost in the editor/SQF 's somewhere (:

Anyone know how to add custom players i added the models in but the box just turns green and nothing spawns.

my custom east section.

["LIB_SOV_AT_grenadier","LIB_SOV_captain","LIB_SOV_medic","LIB_SOV_scout_smgunner","LIB_SOV_first_lieutenant","LIB_SOV_LC_rifleman","LIB_SOV_rifleman","LIB_SOV_p_officer","LIB_SOV_sergeant","LIB_SOV_assault_mgunner","LIB_SOV_AT_soldier","LIB_SOV_assault_smgunner","LIB_SOV_assault_sergeant","LIB_SOV_sapper","LIB_SOV_scout_mgunner","LIB_SOV_lieutenant"]       

Я очень благодарен за прекраÑную mod.

Hi! dumb question, there's some way to use the new "EndGame" task system instead of map markers? :confused:  thx! :)

Hey really quick question. Is it possible to make units patrolling with EOS be aware with weapons raised instead of in safe with weapons down? 

Thank you much appreciated. 

Hey really quick question. Is it possible to make units patrolling with EOS be aware with weapons raised instead of in safe with weapons down? 

Thank you much appreciated. 

Should be easy. Open :

EOS>Functions>shk_patrol. Then change the line 34 from "SAFE" to this:

_grp setBehaviour "AWARE";

Hi! dumb question, there's some way to use the new "EndGame" task system instead of map markers? :confused:  thx! :)

Maybe name the task module and use its name in the EOS call line instead of the marker's? Not sure though. Never played Endgame.

Anyone know how to add custom players i added the models in but the box just turns green and nothing spawns.

my custom east section.

["LIB_SOV_AT_grenadier","LIB_SOV_captain","LIB_SOV_medic","LIB_SOV_scout_smgunner","LIB_SOV_first_lieutenant","LIB_SOV_LC_rifleman","LIB_SOV_rifleman","LIB_SOV_p_officer","LIB_SOV_sergeant","LIB_SOV_assault_mgunner","LIB_SOV_AT_soldier","LIB_SOV_assault_smgunner","LIB_SOV_assault_sergeant","LIB_SOV_sapper","LIB_SOV_scout_mgunner","LIB_SOV_lieutenant"]       

Have you added these to the Unitpools.sqf? If yes then please post its relevant lines.