bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

I'm having a problem with EOS that is rare, but reproducable: If a unit activates a marker but respawns or otherwise leaves that trigger before all of the group spawns have finished, then the marker stays active alpha in color and is never "re-activatable". This seems to be more easily reproduced when you have a smaller number of infantry patrols specified. The easiest way to test this is to use MCC or similar and teleport into an area with a large number of markers, then teleport out immediately.

In looking at eos_core.sqf, it seems as though the spawns should finish before the _clear trigger is even created, so I'm a little bit confused as to how this is even possible. To me, the script reads as though everything that should be spawned along with patrol should actually be there before the exitWith(<caching>) or _clear trigger check is even reached, yet if I watch on MCC (and my diag_logs that have been added) it seems as though the marker becomes inactive immediately and I don't see that any caching occurs.

TIA for any suggestions.

I'm tuning a mission to be vanilla but i want the EOS_DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER to be configured in such a way that its similar to ACE3 any ideas on what kind of number I'm looking at?

Edited by john681611

Amazing, easy to use, cleverly designed and made. Easy to customize. Thank you.

Recommending change of eos\core\eos_core.sqf in lines 32 to 40.

So you can set that if helicopters fly under 100m _heightLimit=100; enemies will spawn, but if over 100m they will not. It also ensures that if players are in building on third floor above 5m from ground the enemies will not despawn.

if (_heightLimit!=0) then 
		{_actCond = format["{vehicle _x in thisList && isplayer _x && ((getPosATL _x) select 2) < %1} count playableunits > 0", _heightLimit];
						}else 
						{_actCond="{vehicle _x in thisList && isplayer _x} count playableunits > 0";
	};}else{
		if (_heightLimit!=0) then 
					{_actCond = format["{vehicle _x in thisList && isplayer _x && ((getPosATL _x) select 2) < %1} count allUnits > 0", _heightLimit];
							}else
								{_actCond="{vehicle _x in thisList && isplayer _x} count allUnits > 0";};};

Also patrols (light and armoured) have sometimes one waypoint placed at [0,0] so if you don't kill them, they move there and if it's vehicle it gets stuck in river on the way there.

Hello! Awesome script. I would like to see if any one could help me (noob) with these errors. Not really sure where to begin. There plenty more just over and over in the RPT.

19:02:17 Error in expression <ability > floor random 100) then {    
if (_PAgroupSize==0) then {_PAgroupArray=[1,>
19:02:17   Error position: <_PAgroupSize==0) then {_PAgroupArray=[1,>
19:02:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: _pagroupsize
19:02:17 File C:\Users\Liquid Robot\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[610]%20ECHO\missions\610_SixOneZero_insurgency.Altis\eos\core\eos_launch.sqf, line 45
19:02:17 Error in expression <ability > floor random 100) then {    
if (_LVgroupSize==0) then {_LVgroupArray=[0,>
19:02:17   Error position: <_LVgroupSize==0) then {_LVgroupArray=[0,>
19:02:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: _lvgroupsize
19:02:17 File C:\Users\Liquid Robot\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[610]%20ECHO\missions\610_SixOneZero_insurgency.Altis\eos\core\eos_launch.sqf, line 54
19:02:17 Error in expression <bability > floor random 100) then {
if (_CHgroupSize==0) then {_CHgroupArray=[0,>
19:02:17   Error position: <_CHgroupSize==0) then {_CHgroupArray=[0,>
19:02:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: _chgroupsize
19:02:17 File C:\Users\Liquid Robot\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[610]%20ECHO\missions\610_SixOneZero_insurgency.Altis\eos\core\eos_launch.sqf, line 69
19:02:17 Error in expression <,[_HPpatrols,_HPgroupArray],[_PApatrols,_PAgroupArray],[_LVehGroups,_LVgroupArra>

Thanks,

dubl

Update: I had a syntax error in a array.

Hi guys, i really wanna use this script but i'm having problems

1. with EAST, they always kill each other after they spawn... and i didnt set them to be unfriendly with each other..

2. is it possible to make the AI unit respawn after the marker is cleared? or is it possible to put a delay to it ... say if i clear that mission and it will turn green  ... after sometime 15-20mins making it turn back red and respawning AIs

Can you create a simple mission and share it? I can certainly look at it for you. I am using the EOS, but not having that issue.

dubl

Anybody got instrucions to make this work, watched the video, but it doesnt tally up with files i have :)

Markers dont change colour either :)

Message me I have been using the latest version. I can probably help you.

dubl

i have the same problem as karakot2003. my AI whent set to EAST they kill each other. when set to west they dont but they also dont attack me.

null = [["100"],[2,0],[2,1,75],[0,0],[0],[0],[0,0],[5,1,350,EAST,false,false]] call EOS_Spawn;

just testing this out and already got issues :( i like this script though, i just need the enemy not to kill themselves.

EDIT:

1. with EAST, they always kill each other after they spawn... and i didnt set them to be unfriendly with each other..

i believe i have found a work around. in your missions init file, set the friends parameters as needed. i made sure that East was friendly to east and indep was enemy to west and so far they are doing what i want.

i have a question about the boat units. if i use bastion for reinforcements, can i have them spawn in via boat? there is no parameter to do it, atleast it isnt clear.

Here's a question for more intelligent scripters then me. I'd like to use EOS to create a map wherein there are many opfor EOS zones. I would like to have blufor soldiers occupy the zones once they have been cleared, to simulate a gradual military capture of towns from opfor to blufor. Anyone able to advise me on how best to pursue this?

First let me say this is a great script.  It helps making missions so much easier.  

Now, I'm sorry to bring this up again, but after a lot of reading I still can't figure this out and I'm getting frustrated.  I am trying to get the CAF Aggressors addon into my mission using this script.  I have figured out how to get the units to appear however they are wearing CSAT gear and carrying CSAT weapons.  How can I get the units to spawn as they are from the addon, wearing turbans and carrying AK's?  Again, sorry for bringing this up again and I hope this is an easy tweak.  Thanks!  

One of the only issues I get with EOS is this RPT error:

2015/09/27,  0:30:13 Error in expression <tivated getvariable _cacheGrp;
_aSize=[_units,_units];
_aMin=_aSize select 0;
i>
2015/09/27,  0:30:13   Error position: <_units,_units];
_aMin=_aSize select 0;
i>
2015/09/27,  0:30:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: _units
2015/09/27,  0:30:13 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\eos\core\eos_core.sqf, line 69
2015/09/27,  0:30:13 Error in expression <store - %2",_cacheGrp,_units];};
};
if (_aMin > 0) then {
_aGroup=[_mPos,_aSize,>
2015/09/27,  0:30:13   Error position: <_aMin > 0) then {
_aGroup=[_mPos,_aSize,>
2015/09/27,  0:30:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: _amin
2015/09/27,  0:30:13 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\eos\core\eos_core.sqf, line 73

Seems to work fine in my mission, but I do get that error occasionally throughout the mission.

@tazmania720, just out of interest, how do you know they are CAF Aggressors units, if they are wearing CSAT gear and carrying CSAT weapons?

@tazmania720, just out of interest, how do you know they are CAF Aggressors units, if they are wearing CSAT gear and carrying CSAT weapons?

@ tay-uk, I see the robes and other uniforms that are part of the addon.  The addon is also supposed to have the units carrying AK's and wearing turbans or other headgear, not CSAT helmets and weapons.  Hope this helps.

Im not familiar with the CAF aggressors mod, but ive used modded factions in the EOS system with no issues before, If I get chance tonight I'll try to download this mod and have a go and see If I can get it working.

So to be clear you have added the unit class names for this mod to the file Unit pools file in the EOS folder and you changed the call faction  number in each of the call lines in the openme file?

**EDIT**

Its working fine with the CAF aggressors.

In the unit pool file I have these as the option 7 units

// CAF 	
	if (_faction==7) then {
	_InfPool=	["CAF_AG_ME_T_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_T_GL","CAF_AG_ME_T_SVD","CAF_AG_ME_T_RPG","CAF_AG_ME_T_RPK74","CAF_AG_ME_T_PKM","CAF_AG_ME_T_AK74"];	
	_ArmPool=	[];
	_MotPool=	["CAF_AG_ME_T_Offroad","CAF_AG_ME_T_Offroad_armed_01","CAF_AG_ME_T_van_01"];
	_ACHPool=	[];
	_CHPool=	[];
	_uavPool=	[];
	_stPool=	[];
	_shipPool=	[];
	_diverPool=	[];
	_crewPool=	[];
	_heliCrew=	[];};

Then in the openme file I have this for my call (SPW being the marker name, and the 7 in the last brackets as the CAF faction)

null = [["SPW"],[3,1],[3,1],[1,0],[0],[0],[0,0],[7,1,20,EAST,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;

@tay-uk, where did you get those class names?  Those are not in the class_lists.txt that came with the addon.  That's what I used so I will try what you listed and see if it works.  Thanks!

As you place the units/vehicles/objects etc down in the editor, the class name shows in the top right of the dialog box

**edit**

The class names in the text file are for the cloths, weapons and magazines etc., not the units themselves.

Sorry if this has been asked but does anyone have the pools for RHS russians?

I've been editing an Invade and Annex map that already uses EOS called from a script for its missions. However, I cannot seem to put individual spawns around the map. I noticed differences in the mission file and others. I've spent most of the day testing different variations.  I figured I'd add large spawns of enemy's over some military bases and towns. Not too much just enough to offset the balance of requiring everyone to easily travel the map. 

I've created a marker over a military outpost, named it EOSzone001. I've placed the code in OpenMe.sqf. 

I've also tried two variations that insurgency and other servers have.

null =[["EOSzone1"],[2,1],[2,2],[1,3],[1],[2],[1,2],[1,0,35,WEST,FALSE,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;

null = [["EOSzone001"],[2,2,70],[2,4],[2,4,30],[2,60],[2],[1,1,50],[2,0,750,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn;

null = [["EOSzone002"],[2,2,70],[2,4],[2,4,30],[2,60],[2],[1,0,10],[2,0,750,INDEPENDENT,TRUE,FALSE] call EOS_Spawn

I also noticed that in mission.sqm file that theres "Logic" placed on sides and vehicles. Not sure if that's an issue as well.

If I cannot get this to work, I'm guessing since its heavily scripted as it is; and I cannot find a starting point through the scripts. Is it possible to call those zones manually from a script? Any help at this point would be much appreciated 

The enemy are really slow to spawn on a map like Fallujah, anyone else encounter that? I'm guessing because of the amount of buildings it has to calculate?

As you place the units/vehicles/objects etc down in the editor, the class name shows in the top right of the dialog box

**edit**

The class names in the text file are for the cloths, weapons and magazines etc., not the units themselves.

Thanks for that!!!  I had a feeling that's what you did.  I will try this out and see how it goes.

EDIT:

Worked like a champ!!!!  Thank you for helping me with this!!!! 

I've been editing an Invade and Annex map that already uses EOS called from a script for its missions. However, I cannot seem to put individual spawns around the map. I noticed differences in the mission file and others. I've spent most of the day testing different variations.  I figured I'd add large spawns of enemy's over some military bases and towns. Not too much just enough to offset the balance of requiring everyone to easily travel the map. 

I've created a marker over a military outpost, named it EOSzone001. I've placed the code in OpenMe.sqf. 

I've also tried two variations that insurgency and other servers have.

null =[["EOSzone1"],[2,1],[2,2],[1,3],[1],[2],[1,2],[1,0,35,WEST,FALSE,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;

null = [["EOSzone001"],[2,2,70],[2,4],[2,4,30],[2,60],[2],[1,1,50],[2,0,750,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn;

null = [["EOSzone002"],[2,2,70],[2,4],[2,4,30],[2,60],[2],[1,0,10],[2,0,750,INDEPENDENT,TRUE,FALSE] call EOS_Spawn

I also noticed that in mission.sqm file that theres "Logic" placed on sides and vehicles. Not sure if that's an issue as well.

If I cannot get this to work, I'm guessing since its heavily scripted as it is; and I cannot find a starting point through the scripts. Is it possible to call those zones manually from a script? Any help at this point would be much appreciated 

It is clearly noted in the top openme.sqf of the values need in the array:

//Bob's notes in open me

null=[["MarkerNameGoesHere"],[HOUSE GROUPS,SIZE OF GROUPS,PROBABILITY],[PATROL GROUPS,SIZE OF GROUPS,PROBABILITY],[LIGHT VEHICLES,SIZE OF CARGO,PROBABILITY],[ARMOURED VEHICLES,PROBABILITY], [sTATIC VEHICLES,PROBABILITY],[HELICOPTERS,SIZE OF HELICOPTER CARGO,PROBABILITY],[FACTION,MARKERTYPE,DISTANCE,SIDE,HEIGHTLIMIT,DEBUG]] call EOS_Spawn;

ie:

//west

null = [["EOSzone001"],[1,1,90],[0],[0],[0],[0],[0],[0,0,500,WEST,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;

//east

null = [["EOSzone002"],[1,1,90],[0],[0],[0],[0],[0],[0,0,500,EAST,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;

If theres a way to check via script if all units in the chache are killed ?