bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

I'm sure I've more than likely misread something somewhere, but....can someone please help? With the OPFOR spawning in the given zone, why do they just completely ignore the BLUFOR, even when we shoot them? Is it a problem with using one of the following, AGM, ATM Air Drop, Set/Get Loadout, NRF Units? I even take the NRF out and just put in vanilla BLUFOR Units and they still just look at me, then move on lol.

Fixed.

No just have the issue where they want to throw so many grenades and use pistols instead of rifles lol.

Edited by Crow_X
Fixed first issue

hey all. I like this EOS so I am wondering is there a AI script/mod that works with this? it seems VCOMAI does not.

anyone know of a way to get the spawned in AI to react more to shooting and taking cover. it seems each group spawned in just walks around as the other groups are engaging.

anyone know of a way to get the spawned in AI to react more to shooting and taking cover. it seems each group spawned in just walks around as the other groups are engaging.

Anyone know a way to use VCOMAI or any AI scripts for spawned in AI. they seem to go default behavior once spawned in game.

Anyone know a way to use VCOMAI or any AI scripts for spawned in AI. they seem to go default behavior once spawned in game.

VCOM AI acually works with eos, it loops every 5 second or so to add the modified behaviour to newly spawned AI .

I can't tell if you're using the addon version but VCOM script worked perfectlly fine with EOS last time i tried .

EDIT : Addon version also loop, no reason it wouldn't work with EOS

Edited by vinceXD

VCOM AI acually works with eos, it loops every 5 second or so to add the modified behaviour to newly spawned AI .

I can't tell if you're using the addon version but VCOM script worked perfectlly fine with EOS last time i tried .

EDIT : Addon version also loop, no reason it wouldn't work with EOS

thanks for the input. So what I am seeing is, when a group of AI is engaged that group responds to fire, taking cover, smoke grenades etc.. BUT other spawned groups not engaged just stand or patrol or do whatever and do not respond. Its funny, the group engaged responds BUT the AIwarningdistance does not take affect for other groups. or so it seems.

thanks for the input. So what I am seeing is, when a group of AI is engaged that group responds to fire, taking cover, smoke grenades etc.. BUT other spawned groups not engaged just stand or patrol or do whatever and do not respond. Its funny, the group engaged responds BUT the AIwarningdistance does not take affect for other groups. or so it seems.

Had this issue too, since eos spawn units with many waypoints it's normal .

VCOM AI try not to mess with defined waypoint so AI won't change direction unless directly attacked .

Quote from VCOM AI thread :

"The AI will respect mission makers! The AI is designed to be flexible enough to make a difference but not over controlling to the point that missions get ruined. If you put down a squad of AI without a waypoint, they will respond as they see fit. However, if you put down a squad of AI with a hold waypoint, guard waypoint, or any waypoint at all, they will prioritize their current orders and be less likely to support friendlies as a result. "

Don't know if there's a fix for it, you should ask here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176244-AI-Overhaul-Reactive-Squads

Edited by vinceXD

VinceXD hey I already have chatted with Genesis, I think he is redoing some of his script to meet some requests. Look at his first page at top, it lists "requests" , trust me I have submitted a few including this. But If you have more please tell him, he is very pleasant and tries to meet the communities requests.

Need help, i want to put speed hmg boats, but there's no parameter for boats?

Check the OP, boats are in v1.98 (the most current version), and all instructions are found in the download in the EOSReadMe.pdf file.

Check the OP, boats are in v1.98 (the most current version), and all instructions are found in the download in the EOSReadMe.pdf file.

i checked it but theres no instruction for boats? is it in motorize category , or armored category? im confuse :(

Im using the latest 1.98 version.

Forget about the boats lol.

How do i make a task for EOS?

For example when all enemies dead in area marker killed, task completed? i could do a trigger but i dont how to do it with spawning AI's?

Forget about the boats lol.

How do i make a task for EOS?

For example when all enemies dead in area marker killed, task completed? i could do a trigger but i dont how to do it with spawning AI's?

You could detect when the zone is cleared via a color check

waitUntil {("mkr" getMarkerColor) == "colorGreen"};
//task complete

You could detect when the zone is cleared via a color check

//task complete

Ahh ty

Is this code used in the condition of a trigger?

As when I put it in the condition box it doesn't allow it :(

Is this code used in the condition of a trigger?

As when I put it in the condition box it doesn't allow it :(

You would put this in a script to suspend it until that marker has changed color, then continue the script.

Ok thanks for reply. I am just using this is an editor placed trigger condition which works nicely for this purpose.

"mkr" getMarkerColor == "colorGreen"

Edited by Tay-uk

How do you spawn a location AFTER mission start?

I wanted to have a zone appear randomly on the map via a radio trigger.

I can simply call EOS_spawn with the standard parameters in the editor, preview and it works.

But in multiplayer, nothing is spawned and the marker stays black. What do you need to do ?

Edited by nullsys

You would put this in a script to suspend it until that marker has changed color, then continue the script.

Hey Jshock could you show me an example how to use it in a script and initialize it? im still not sure how to do it :(

i want to call BAS_zone_2, after BAS_zone_1's marker turns green. Im not a pro scripter, but i tried this, i don't know if it's right lol.

waitUntil {("BAS_zone_1" getMarkerColor) == "colorGreen"}; null = [["BAS_zone_2"],[4,2],[2,2],[2],[2,0],[2,0,EAST,TRUE],[0,2,120,TRUE,FALSE]] call Bastion_Spawn;

or could you show how to do it by trigger?

Edited by Coolinator

That looks correct to me.

oh wow i didn't expect to get it right lol. Thanks :)

Could you show me how to do it by trigger?

That is basically answered by Tay-uk on a post on the last page, just put what he has in trigger condition and your script call in onAct.

That is basically answered by Tay-uk on a post on the last page, just put what he has in trigger condition and your script call in onAct.

I tried doing that but It keep saying error :(

Well...what's the error?

i put this inside trigger condition

"mkr" getMarkerColor == "colorGreen";

then it just gives me "missing ;".