bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

When I set the Faction variable to Independent and the Side variable to EAST, the spawned units attack and kill each other off before my player, BLUFOR, is able to engage. If I set Independent faction and SIDE to INDEPENDENT, they do not attack BLUFOR. How do I spawn ANY faction and set them as opposition to BLUFOR, eg, EAST without them attacking each other?

In the advanced menu on the editor (where you can name your mission, set weather,etc..) check at the bottom, there you will see options to set which side Independents are friendly towards.

Is there any info on licence regarding these scripts, seems Bangabob is AWOL currently?

Is there any info on licence regarding these scripts, seems Bangabob is AWOL currently?

No licensing mate. Feel free to use how you wish

First off, fantastic script! However, I've seem to have found something strange. I've added a Zeus unit to a mission running EOS to figure out why all the units kept running away. What I found was that the AI's move waypoints get screwed up somewhere. I've added a picture to illustrate. The only think I've changed is the spawn distances, which I have set to 1000 so I could use CAS to help my team (any more than 1000 and the server didn't take to kindly to it).

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/58861589567545433/316D7792310C48AA5FB8E05F56D5A4D0A53A535C/ (289 kB)

Any ideas?

Hey BangaBob,

I have a request if you ever work on or update this anytime, I use the group management script, sorry I forget name and author but the one that allows you to join or leave groups, this works great with EOS until they get to the edge of the marker the "poof!" they disappear as they should, so maybe an option that if they are in players group then don't remove when outside the marker.

FAN OF URE WORK maybe you can help since you are the maker :)

hi,

I have made several missions now using bongabobs EOS system

link EOS:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20263

Now I am trying to make wasteland more fun by putting some things in,

the one thing thats failing is EOS...

let me explain:

The idea is that people choose between 3 diff factions (wasteland).

There are territories to take with AI (controlled by EOS) in it.

But when OPFOR take a territory by killing al AI in it, it should stay safe for OPFOR,

but when BLUFOR or INDEP try to take that terretory, they should fight against AI aswell.

And if BLUFOR retake it by killing all, the INDEP and OPFOR are again against enemie AI.

Now AI spawns when a player enters, but when completed it stays completed, so nothing spawns anymore...

I hope i make some sence about it all...

here is the mission on steam, im further now then that mission, but only need help on EOS...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=284118222

If you wanna help or you are bongabob, pls contact me for more info or the latest mission data.

grtz xtesic

Edited by xtesic

Ok a couple more :D

If a marker is inside another marker then turn of the parent marker if child marker is activated, but.. if parent marker has units inside child marker then child marker inherits those units or something like that.

The ability to cap total amount of units that EOS can ever spawn on a map.

huh?

is this about my problem with EOS?

Or someone elses?

bit confused now :)

I'm just making requests to the author, not sure about your problem sorry?

Edit: one last one for now :D is there a way to deactivate an active marker with player still in it from a trigger? That would be really useful.

Edited by Katipo66

@xtesic

After a territory is taken , a trigger with condition no enemy ai should be triggerd , wich delete the current eos marker and enable another one with proper units .

Can't really tell you how to do it but the delete eos zone script is explained on the eos.pdf .

yes, ok, will look that up thx :)

but that AI that now again spawns when entered area, isnt friendly to BLUFOR, who just has taken over that territorie...

I want it to be like the wasteland territories, but with EOS in it..

So when captured territory (most likely a base) that AI will fight for you now agains OPFOR and INDEP.

Now there hostile to everyone again

Edited by xtesic

You have to set the right faction west ,east or independant .

If you don't want to change the faction and keep the same soldiers , just change the side :

null =[[" EOSzone1"],[2,1],[2,2],[1,3],[1],[2],[1,2],[[color="#FF0000"]1[/color],0,35,[color="#FF0000"]WEST[/color],FALSE,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;

The red number is for spawned unit type ( spawn csat or nato for example ) 0 : east , 1 : west , 3 : independant

And the red word is faction side ( spawn unit friendly to who )

Hi, I'm using EOS for a custom mission. I would like to be able to put in custom init lines for units spawned by EOS (For example UPSMON, or a specific script to make units hunt the player so when the player enters a certain area they're constantly attacked) but I cannot figure out how. I'm not really a good scripter I just cobble together what I find on the forums, so any help would be appreciated.

This sounds great, I only have one question and I apologize if it's already been answered but searching through this thread did not return any results.

Will the EOS system work in other maps such as Fallujah, clafghan, takistan, etc...

I've set the final parameter to "[4,0,500,RESISTANCE (or EAST),FALSE,FALSE]]" which should spawn FIA units that are friendly to RESISTANCE or EAST units (I've tried both values) and it instead spawns FIA units that kill each other and will attack the player (BLUFLOR). My brain...

@Johnny3Guns Yup , tested with every a1/A2 maps and it worked . ( but it seems broken with map without water at the bottom left : in a2 desert map it spawn tons of uselsess unit , breaking performance )

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

@Phronk

"[[color="#FF0000"]4[/color],0,500,[color="#FF0000"]RESISTANCE (or EAST)[/color],FALSE,FALSE]]"

The 4 spawns west fia units only , if you want to spawn like an fia offroad next to a csat tank you have to create an custom faction with unitpool.sqf .

And then replace it by the number of your custom faction .

The second red part is who the unit is friendly to : west, east, independant or civilian , not resistance .

And if you want them to also be friendly to another faction you should change it in your mission parameter where there is weather options .

@Johnny3Guns Yup , tested with every a1/A2 maps and it worked . ( but it seems broken with map without water at the bottom left : in a2 desert map it spawn tons of uselsess unit , breaking performance )

Thank you, now if I can only get it to actually work for me ;)

Nevermind, stupid error due to lack of sleep...

Edited by Johnny3Guns

May I be so bold as to make a suggestion for your next project.... Bangabob's OCS... Objective creation system. Using the similar syntax and the same zones that are used for EOS, create objectives.

NULL=[["M1","M2","M3"],[OBJECTS TO DESTROY,NUMBER OF OBJECTS,PROBABILITY],[uNITS TO ASSASSINATE,NUMBER OF UNITS,PROBABILITY],[uNITS TO CAPTURE, NUMBER OF UNITS,PROBABILITY],[iTEMS TO COLLECT, NUMBER OF ITEMS, PROBABILITY],[FACTION,MARKERTYPE,DISTANCE,SIDE,HEIGHTLIMIT,DEBUG]] call OCS_Spawn;

Something like that, but make them objectives. Enter a OCS zone, tasks are given an ASSIGNED state so the messages pop up. EOS is such a great tool to utilize for teh creation of missions but there is nothing I know of that makes for easy objective creation.

Also, can an EOS zone be called by more than one line in the openme.sqf setup? The reason I ask is that as I read, helicopter type is determined by cargo size. What if a user wanted to have both attack and personnel delivery helo's?

Edited by lawndartleo

May I be so bold as to make a suggestion for your next project.... Bangabob's OCS... Objective creation system. Using the similar syntax and the same zones that are used for EOS, create objectives.

NULL=[["M1","M2","M3"],[OBJECTS TO DESTROY,NUMBER OF OBJECTS,PROBABILITY],[uNITS TO ASSASSINATE,NUMBER OF UNITS,PROBABILITY],[uNITS TO CAPTURE, NUMBER OF UNITS,PROBABILITY],[iTEMS TO COLLECT, NUMBER OF ITEMS, PROBABILITY],[FACTION,MARKERTYPE,DISTANCE,SIDE,HEIGHTLIMIT,DEBUG]] call OCS_Spawn;

Something like that, but make them objectives. Enter a OCS zone, tasks are given an ASSIGNED state so the messages pop up. EOS is such a great tool to utilize for teh creation of missions but there is nothing I know of that makes for easy objective creation.

Also, can an EOS zone be called by more than one line in the openme.sqf setup? The reason I ask is that as I read, helicopter type is determined by cargo size. What if a user wanted to have both attack and personnel delivery helo's?

You can have multiple EOS calls. Just make sure you only run one instance of the OpenMe.sqf.

Nice idea, I am actually working on a JIP marker system that sounds similar.

However EOS does one thing; Occupying the map with enemies. Just like COS only spawns civilians.

Hello there,

I am using a redressing script for the OPFOR units and want to use your EOS as well. However when I use EOS to populate the map they are all of the generic OPFOR units. Is there a way to edit which units get placed and what there loadouts are so that I can use the customs redress units?

Hello there,

I am using a redressing script for the OPFOR units and want to use your EOS as well. However when I use EOS to populate the map they are all of the generic OPFOR units. Is there a way to edit which units get placed and what there loadouts are so that I can use the customs redress units?

Yes it is in the unit pool,, you must add or remove class names.. If you have any issue what so ever inbox me and I can help you...

---------- Post added at 07:42 ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 ----------

Hi Banga.

Could you please address the issue with the briefing screen ?

I make your marker invisible, however, when the server is loading in you see the blacked out markers.

Anyway you could have them shrink dramatically in the brief and then resize after ?

It is very frustrating to go through great lengths to hide the markers just for them to show right at the very start..

I know sleeps are not very good in the brief as it brakes the script, but there has to be some sort of work around for this issue.

Thanks for your continued work mate!

Yes it is in the unit pool,, you must add or remove class names.. If you have any issue what so ever inbox me and I can help you...

---------- Post added at 07:42 ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 ----------

Hi Banga.

Could you please address the issue with the briefing screen ?

I make your marker invisible, however, when the server is loading in you see the blacked out markers.

Anyway you could have them shrink dramatically in the brief and then resize after ?

It is very frustrating to go through great lengths to hide the markers just for them to show right at the very start..

I know sleeps are not very good in the brief as it brakes the script, but there has to be some sort of work around for this issue.

Thanks for your continued work mate!

I am aware of this issue.

However, if I knew how to resize the markers during the init I would just make them invisible instead.

If anyone knows how tto manipulate markers pre init I would be grateful to know

I am aware of this issue.

However, if I knew how to resize the markers during the init I would just make them invisible instead.

If anyone knows how tto manipulate markers pre init I would be grateful to know

I'm a man on a mission now, if I figure it out I'll post my findings here.

From what I understand,, sleeps in the init break the game and you'll never get passed the load screen,,, so this fix has to be a temporal resize, or jumbling to hide the markers. Like I said tho, if I find any solution, you will be the first to know.

Thanks for the reply.

A work around that I do use, is unassigning items and the map. It forces the solution by not seeing the brief at all, but my fellow unit act as if the world has come to an end,, even tho all they have to do is go the the box to rectify the shortcoming...

Edited by 3lockad3

I'm a man on a mission now, if I figure it out I'll post my findings here.

From what I understand,, sleeps in the init break the game and you'll never get passed the load screen,,, so this fix has to be a temporal resize, or jumbling to hide the markers. Like I said tho, if I find any solution, you will be the first to know.

Thanks for the reply.

A work around that I do use, is unassigning items and the map. It forces the solution by not seeing the brief at all, but my fellow unit act as if the world has come to an end,, even tho all they have to do is go the the box to rectify the shortcoming...

Just wanderinf around the forum, I'm here.

Bangabob, according to this, point 4, you may {_x setMarkerAlpha 0} forEach allMapMarkers from a unit init field, isn't it?