bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

First off, I love this script Banga! Pretty much my go to script to quickly make missions.

I'm having one issue though and I'm not sure if it's a known bug or if I missed something. I can't seem to get enemies to spawn in the Ghost Hotel. I made a marker a little bigger than the hotel and set 1 house squad but no enemies are spawning as far as I can tell. I moved the marker to check if it worked on other buildings and it did, the enemies spawned inside a house inside the marker. My current thought is that there is a space below the lowest floor of the Ghost Hotel that the units are spawning in that doesn't have an entrance.

First off, I love this script Banga! Pretty much my go to script to quickly make missions.

I'm having one issue though and I'm not sure if it's a known bug or if I missed something. I can't seem to get enemies to spawn in the Ghost Hotel. I made a marker a little bigger than the hotel and set 1 house squad but no enemies are spawning as far as I can tell. I moved the marker to check if it worked on other buildings and it did, the enemies spawned inside a house inside the marker. My current thought is that there is a space below the lowest floor of the Ghost Hotel that the units are spawning in that doesn't have an entrance.

There could be no building positions inside the GH. SHK uses the existing garrison waypoints within buildings.

Hi gents. Need some help as I'm new to editing. I'm using this script in my mission and a need the AI to be a bit worse in accuracy. I couldn't find if I should make the figure smaller or higher in the AI_Skill.sqf.

SO how do I change them to make them noobs?

I experimented with this quite a bit and came up with the following:

// INFANTRY SKILL

_InfskillSet = [

0.008, // aimingAccuracy

0.008, // aimingShake

0.008, // aimingSpeed

0.005, // spotDistance

0.005, // spotTime

0.5, // courage

0.5, // reloadSpeed

0.13, // commanding

0.1 // general

];

I experimented with this quite a bit and came up with the following:

// INFANTRY SKILL

_InfskillSet = [

0.008, // aimingAccuracy

0.008, // aimingShake

0.008, // aimingSpeed

0.005, // spotDistance

0.005, // spotTime

0.5, // courage

0.5, // reloadSpeed

0.13, // commanding

0.1 // general

];

Cheers mate. Will have a go at that setting.

Cheers mate. Will have a go at that setting.

Just so you know if you have the ai settings that low, they could be beside you and not hit you for 20 years.

However, with the settings that low you can actually have more units on the map that are active before you mass dsync.

Edited by 3lockad3

I'm having same problem. setting ["End1", true, true] call BIS_fnc_endMission; just ends mission at beginning because there is no enemies spawned yet. Have you find a way to end mission when all areas are cleared ?

Got mission ending working when all markers are cleared.

Inside Condition:

getMarkerColor "1_mkr" == "ColorGreen" && getMarkerColor "1_mkr_2" == "ColorGreen"

Inside OnAct:

["End1", true, true] call BIS_fnc_endMission;Hint "Successfully captured the island, good job soldiers!";

Not the prettiest one but works

Edited by konzaales
Less words

Got mission ending working when all markers are cleared.

Inside Condition:

Inside OnAct:

Not the prettiest one but works

Hi konzaales, if you have a large number of markers (or you are expecting to add more), you could do something like:

Condition:

{ getMarkerColor _x == "ColorRed" } count ["1_mkr", "1_mkr_2"] == 0

So when there are no markers that are red, the condition will be true. It should be a easier to maintain, and you could always replace the array with an array stored in a global variable.

Hi konzaales, if you have a large number of markers (or you are expecting to add more), you could do something like:

Condition:

{ getMarkerColor _x == "ColorRed" } count ["1_mkr", "1_mkr_2"] == 0

So when there are no markers that are red, the condition will be true. It should be a easier to maintain, and you could always replace the array with an array stored in a global variable.

Hi! thanks for idea. I'm thinking about adding them in a loop because rhis is too hard to keep updated, i have about 200 markers :)

Edited by konzaales
less words

Hi! thanks for idea. I'm thinking about adding them in a loop because rhis is too hard to keep updated, i have about 200 markers :)

Yeah, with that many I'd definitely only want to maintain the list once ;).

In case you or someone else needs a pointer to what I mean

init.sqf:

eosMarkerArray = [
  "1_mkr",
  "1_mkr_2",
  "..."
];

Trigger condition:

{ getMarkerColor _x == "ColorRed" } count eosMarkerArray == 0

Great ai spawn mod , works perfect .

Except bastion : multiple cargo helicopter in 1 wave isn't supported and multiple waves remove instantly ai after another wave start .

Also can't figure out how to keep ai spawned after player left the bastion zone marker .

Great script.

Is it possible to set the script up to delete groups of dead units (as in, delete the group so it doesn't count towards the 144 limit)? In very large, persistent missions, I find that the 144 group limit counts dead groups, so if there was a way to have the script delete groups of dead soldiers when a zone is captured or goes inactive, that would be phenomenal.

Hey Bob/all - QQ. I basically want to create a custom faction that will consist of foot units from all of the factions. I know I can add all the unit class names into factions 5, 6 or 7's _InfPool array in UnitPools.sqf and then reference that custom faction for the faction variable in the EOS call, but how do I handle the "UNIT SIDE" variable in the call?

I'm pretty sure if I use a UNIT SIDE that doesn't match one of the models, it'll break the call. I don't care if the units spawn without any gear, I just want to use a single EOS call to pull from one of the custom infantry pools that contain class names from across multiple factions.

null = [["MARKERNAME","MARKERNAME2"],[2,1,70],[0,1],[1,2,30],[2,60],[2],[1,0,10],[[color="#B22222"]4[/color],0,250,[[color="#B22222"]WEST[/color]]] call EOS_Spawn;

4 is your custom faction unit pool and WEST is who the spawned faction is friendly to . ( put EAST if you want them to be CSAT friendly )

Haven't tried to mix unit side but you should try .

Ok. Since no one is interesting in the bCombat question. I have another. Keep in mind that this script has not been updated in a while, and in that period of time, a promising script has arisen: VcomAI. EOS has the best dynamic AI spawn I have ever experienced. So, in wanting to use this spawn ability whilst using the AI behaviours of VcomAI, is it possible to add a parameter to the units spanwed by EOS that disables EOS's AI behaviours? In UPSMON one could just add the "NOAI" in the init of the unit to disable UPSMON's AI behaviour. Is such a thing possible for EOS, and if so, how? Any help would be much appreciated.

chondo, I can't see why there would be a problem with bCombat. I've not seen any problems so far.

I see. Thanks for the reply

Yea I actually have not seen bcombat conflict with any other mods. it even works with iron front.

Is there a way you could implement the UPS script to the generated groups? I prefer UPS's script because it seems to be way more configurable and realistic.

When I set the Faction variable to Independent and the Side variable to EAST, the spawned units attack and kill each other off before my player, BLUFOR, is able to engage. If I set Independent faction and SIDE to INDEPENDENT, they do not attack BLUFOR. How do I spawn ANY faction and set them as opposition to BLUFOR, eg, EAST without them attacking each other?

I apologize if this has been answered already, but is there a way to set an init command line for every unit spawned? For example, if I wanted to remove NVGs from the enemy or have a script execute on each AI spawned, how would I go about doing that? Thanks!