bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

I have changed the faction to FIA and for some reason the units attack each other when i have them set as east?

I have changed the faction to FIA and for some reason the units attack each other when i have them set as east?

FIA is a WEST faction.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

I think the Bastion module has some great potential - but would it be possible to let the enemy attack from only one direction instead of coming from all sides...? :)

Good idea. Im hoping to add a list of markers that can act as Bastion unit spawn points instead of the current random generation.

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

I've been attempting to implement the latest version of EOS into my mission (coming from 1.9), and unfortunately it's been giving me fits. Spits out multiple errors in EOS_Launch and EOS_Core on mission launch, and when I get to an AO it either spawns nothing or the incorrect units which fail to cache. I should note that I get no such errors from the sample mission so I suspect it's a timing issue with using EOS as a module rather than in it's own folder. Any suggestions?

Here's what I'm getting in order of appearance:

Error in expression <_LVgroupArray],[_AVehGroups,_SVehGroups,_CHGroups,_CHgroupArray],_settings] exec>
 Error position: <_CHGroups,_CHgroupArray],_settings] exec>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _chgroups
File C:\Users\Lynn\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kinch\mpmissions\co_36_resistance_b7.Altis\enemy\modules\eos\core\eos_launch.sqf, line 58

Error in expression <oups=_SVeh select 2;
_CHgroupSize=_SVeh select 3;
_settings=(_this select 5);
_f>
 Error position: <select 3;
_settings=(_this select 5);
_f>
 Error Zero divisor
File C:\Users\Lynn\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kinch\mpmissions\co_36_resistance_b7.Altis\enemy\modules\eos\core\eos_launch.sqf, line 18

Error in expression <
_debug=FALSE;
_heightLimit=false;

if (_side==EAST) then {_enemyFaction="east";>
 Error position: <_side==EAST) then {_enemyFaction="east";>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _side
File C:\Users\Lynn\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kinch\mpmissions\co_36_resistance_b7.Altis\enemy\modules\eos\core\EOS_Core.sqf, line 17

Error in expression <t (floor(random(count _pool)));
_unit = _grp createUnit [_unitType, _pos, [], 6,>
 Error position: <_grp createUnit [_unitType, _pos, [], 6,>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _grp

Error in expression <K_pos;                    
_bGroup=[_pos,_bSize,_faction,_side] call EOS_spawnPatrol;
0 = [_bGrou>
 Error position: <_side] call EOS_spawnPatrol;
0 = [_bGrou>
File C:\Users\Lynn\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kinch\mpmissions\co_36_resistance_b7.Altis\enemy\modules\eos\core\EOS_Core.sqf, line 98

Error in expression <entry = _this select 1;

if ((typeName _side) != (typeName sideEnemy)) exitWith>
 Error position: <_side) != (typeName sideEnemy)) exitWith>
File A3\functions_f\spawning\fn_selectCrew.sqf, line 25

Sorry, I can't help because you have changed something which has resulted in a broken script. All i can suggest is make sure the file paths are updated in core/spawn_fnc.sqf

My markers, when set to invisible, are still showing on the map.

null = [["a1","a2"],[0,0],[2,1],[0,0],[0,0,0,0],[5,1,150,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn;

As you can see, the 3rd to the last param is set to 1 (the invisible marker option). I am using the latest verison of EOS.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

As you can see, the 3rd to the last param is set to 1 (the invisible marker option). I am using the latest verison of EOS.

I just tested this in editor & dedicated server and the markers are invisible.

Do you get the same problem in the template when you set the marker to invisible?

Thanks for the update BangaBob.

Killzone Kid did a short tut on how to implement a way to find oput the mission root. This enables you to create a function so that people can change the default location of the EOS script folder within the mission folder. That way you do not have to eidt all the EOS sqf files and change the script paths. Just a thought.

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-mission-root/

Sorry, I can't help because you have changed something which has resulted in a broken script. All i can suggest is make sure the file paths are updated in core/spawn_fnc.sqf

To make sure, I just reinstalled a clean copy of EOS making no modifications to any of the files. Still getting all of the errors.

FIA is a WEST faction.

Ty, for that but even tho, i need to get fia to be hostile towards bluefor without them killing themselfs could u please give me any assistance or maybe even point me in the right direction, another issue im having is my civis are showing up in CSAT uniforms?

you would think having a choice of faction and side would give you some play on your choice and control things to make any mission more diverse

you would think having a choice of faction and side would give you some play on your choice and control things to make any mission more diverse

You select the side only because the script needs it to set up the appropriate triggers.

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

@LKincheloe Sorry. I don't know why its going wrong for you

Got 1.97 to work!

Bastion looks much tighter and cleaner.

a couple notes:

- re Bastion Spawn. the north-facing infantry groups do not have waypoints. they stand idle.

- re Bastion Spawn. if you want only one wave, make sure you have a value above 0 for 'Seconds Between Waves'. I set it to 0 bc I did not have a second wave. That was a mistake.

example: null = [["eos_marker"],[12,3],[3,1],[0],[1,0],[0,0,EAST],[0,1,120,FALSE,true]] call Bastion_Spawn;

When I had a value of 0 in Seconds Between Waves, all the bastion units would spawn and then instantly despawn (except the helicopters) as the second wave began.

- re Bastion Spawn. (attack) helicopters do not--in my case--respond to to EOS_deactivate.

-------

to the poster above re FIA vehicles

Bastion spawns a faction vehicle, afaik it does not spawn empty vehicles and move in crew. In order to get OPFOR to crew an FIA armed Offroad, you'd have to either spawn it empty and move in OPFOR.

OR, you'd have to create a group

createGroup east;

any units/groups spawned under that ^, even BLUFOR/FIA/IND, will be side East.

---------

Bangabob, do you have a TS or some way I can communicate one on one.

ty

---------- Post added at 03:43 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

"a1" setMarkerAlpha 0;

"a2" setMarkerAlpha 0;

^ drop that in somewhere. EOS does not clarify how to set a non-EOS marker to invisible. If you drop down a marker in the editor, and you want it to be invisible, you will have to input the above setMarkerAlpha line.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

is there a way to debug any extra zones that i made the call to cache but dont have on the mission ? i deleted abunch of them i cant remeber which ones and i think it would be better to remove them and keep the cache free?

Hi banga ! Glad to see you're back and your still doing awesome work !

Does the line in Openme will change again ?

Cuz i'm doing a big multiplayer project with some friends from 4 months, and with the last version of EOS i had to change ALL the line from openme. So i want to know if it's gonna change again ? :butbut:

We love your script. It's just exactly what Arma need.

Edited by Katane

Where can I find the PDF? I would like to learn this script. Anyone use the insurgency Altis mission? I have been told to update the EOS in that file, the mission has to be remade? is that true?

But PDF link please.

Thanks.

Where can I find the PDF? I would like to learn this script. Anyone use the insurgency Altis mission? I have been told to update the EOS in that file, the mission has to be remade? is that true?

But PDF link please.

Thanks.

It's linked in the very first post of this thread.

It's linked in the very first post of this thread.

Yes I saw that, for some reason it has the updated version of EOS but not the PDF. Not sure if its included.

J - The document is inside the .rar. For me it's now an MS Word Doc, but it seems to be the same basic content as the .PDF when it was included.

J - The document is inside the .rar. For me it's now an MS Word Doc, but it seems to be the same basic content as the .PDF when it was included.

I did see the OPENME file, I did read the coding, I wasn't sure if that was considered the PDF.

How well does this work with UPSMON script? Does this script need additional patrol, defend or fortify script?

Is there a explanation of the init lines?

Yeah open \EOS\Core\Spawn_fnc.sqf

You will see this code on line 81. // ADD CODE HERE FOR MORE PARAMETERS FOR EACH UNIT. / Replace with your code

The scripts changes in the last version.

I want to remove headgear and NVgoogles on EAST units, someone know hot to do this ?

J - you're looking at the wrong file. It's the EOS readme.docx you'll find immediately inside the .rar you've d/l'd. An explanation for null = [["a1","a2"],[0,0],[2,1],[0,0],[0,0,0,0],[5,1,150,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn; can be found in that document. As far as using UPSMON or any other mod alongside EOS, you should experiment yourself and see what works best.

J - you're looking at the wrong file. It's the EOS readme.docx you'll find immediately inside the .rar you've d/l'd. An explanation for null = [["a1","a2"],[0,0],[2,1],[0,0],[0,0,0,0],[5,1,150,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn; can be found in that document. As far as using UPSMON or any other mod alongside EOS, you should experiment yourself and see what works best.

Invisibull, thanks for your input. I will look for that. I cant remember where, but I thought I saw someone text they use UPSMON or UPS with EOS and just wanted to know the way to script it in. Anyone else? thanks.

jandrews, i'am not at my computer right now, but i posted to a similar question some weeks ago, ill snipp it in here, maybe it will get you in the right direction..

-----

if you look in EOS Core you will find this part:

// SPAWN HOUSE PATROLS

_n=0;

_aGrp=[];

while {_n < _aGrps} do

{

_n=_n+1;

if (_cache) then {

_cacheGrp=format ["HP%1",_n];

_units=_eosActivated getvariable _cacheGrp;

_aSize=[_units,_units];

_aMin=_aSize select 0;

if (_debug)then{player sidechat format ["ID:%1,restore - %2",_cacheGrp,_units];};

};

if (_aMin > 0) then {

_aGroup=[_mPos,_aSize,_faction,_side] call EOS_spawnPatrol;

0=[_mPos,units _aGroup,_mkrX,0,[0,20],true] call callHouseScript;

_aGrp=_aGrp+[_aGroup];sleep 0.1;

if (_debug) then {hint "Spawning House patrol";0= [_mkr,_n,"House Patrol",getpos (leader _aGroup)] call EOS_debug};

};

};

and if you edit.

0 = [_mPos,units _aGroup,_mkrX,0,[0,20],true] call callHouseScript;

to something like:

0 = [leader _aGroup,_mkr,"FORTIFY","noveh","spawned"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

then you can ofcourse change the way you call UPSmon to get different behaivor of the spawned AI

there are a couple of more lines like ( not exactly like this line )

0 = [_mPos,units _aGroup,_mkrX,0,[0,20],true] call callHouseScript;

wich you can edit

-----

i have not tried the latest version of eos but i think it still works.

Edited by Hansson0728

The scripts changes in the last version.

I want to remove headgear and NVgoogles on EAST units, someone know hot to do this ?

Same format as last time except the scripts are inside the functions folder.

The scrpts you're interested in are infantry_fnc.sqf & cargo_fnc.sqf

That's very interesting, Hansson. Do you (or anyone else) know of any success in adapting EOS to spawn units with bcombat behaviors? I've been unsuccessful so far.

@BangaBob

Did you test this on dedicated and MP Hosted with JIP? If you did then I must be doing something wrong if you didnt then I suggest you do

It seems to work fine when preview from editor (except helis dont despawn) but as we all know the editor preview is one thing MP is a completely different beast

On dedicated if 1 player joins and activates a red zone that say spawns 40 enemy - dont kill anyone and let second player join and it will spawn another 40 soldiers on so on every time someone joins - we had 5 join and it spawned 300AI!and the game becomes unplayable The house patrols dont occupy the houses and just stay bunched up . If player 1 leaves server and player 2 leaves red zone enemy despawn - then if player 2 activates a redzone it will spawn 80 enemy - player 1 rejoins server and it spawns another 40.

2014_01_26_00002.jpg

On MP hosted (though less testing on this) same thing that every time someone joins it spawns another bunch of soldiers - The patrols some seem to just bunch up in centre of red zone , house patrols though do seem to occupy houses better

2014_01_26_00003.jpg

so just a heads up to anyone using this on a JIP mission on dedi or hosted might wanna check

Same format as last time except the scripts are inside the functions folder.

The scrpts you're interested in are infantry_fnc.sqf & cargo_fnc.sqf

No way to get it work. I tried with your scripts and your words :

private ["_unit", "_backpack"];

/* Replace _this below if you want to call this script differently */

_unit = (_ this select 0);

if (!isNull _unit) then {

_unit addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_pointer_IR";

_unit addItem "NVGoggles"; _unit assignItem "NVGoggles";

_unit addItem "Binocular"; _unit assignItem "Binocular";

_unit selectWeapon "this";

reload _unit;

_unit enableIRLasers true

};

I saved this in a "loadout.sqf" file.

And i call the script like this :

null = [_unit ] execVM "scripts\loadout.sqf";

In infantry_fnc.sqf

if (EOS_DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER != 1) then {_unit removeAllEventHandlers "HandleDamage";_unit addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{_damage = (_this select 2)*EOS_DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER;_damage}];};

if (EOS_KILLCOUNTER) then {_unit addEventHandler ["killed", "null=[] execVM ""eos\functions\EOS_KillCounter.sqf"""]};

null = [_unit ] execVM "loadout.sqf"; //YOUR SCRIPT

} forEach (units _grp);