bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

I'm really hoping that someone will reupload this, because 4shared is asking for me to make an account.

I have updated download link with rapidshare link.

4Shared is truly awful

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

just a question bangabob,

As i see in your script, the activated trigger is not delete anymore when the area is clear ?

Yeah activated trigger is persistent throughout all restarted zones now.

Nice! BangaBob.

But i notice 2 problems.

First: the units will patrol and after a while they will stop.

Second: they will not shot at you unless you are very close. After that they will but as soon as you leave the zone and come back only the team leader will shot at you!So if you kill him the next team leader starts shooting at you but only him and then it goes one by one!

If you want i can make a video and upload for you.

The cache is really good now!!! Always saves the right number!!!

I did not get the "Deactivating EOS zones"...what is that for?

Big thanks!

Edited by Grillob3

1.9 is looking good!! Would be cool if there was a way to customise the tasks given to spawned groups, perhaps to allow using another patrol script or something. Also the transport heli would be cool in bastion mode for bringing in and paradrop the reinforcements for each wave.

Edited by ssechaud

I have updated download link with rapidshare link.

4Shared is truly awful

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

Yeah activated trigger is persistent throughout all restarted zones now.

is there any chance that as heightlimit, you put an option to totally delete the old zone.

We are using the EOS in PvP capture town and the area is restarted by the size who has captured the town.

is there any chance that as heightlimit, you put an option to totally delete the old zone.

We are using the EOS in PvP capture town and the area is restarted by the size who has captured the town.

Try eos deactivate. That will stop the current zone operating and turn the marker invisible.

Then you can call the eos/bastion zone again on that marker.

I was testing out 1.9 dev release, for some reason I am not seeing any AI in the game, yet markers are showing and there are no errors. The call I am using is:

"[['marker_name'],[2,1],[4,2],[1,1],[0,0],[1,0,0],[0,0,1000,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn;"

I think the AI are spawning because I am seeing these messages in RPT which I assume is regarding the spawned AI:

soldier[O_recon_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
Ref to nonnetwork object 90f63d60# 1765651: o_soldier_01.p3d
No speaker given for Evangelos Karmanlis
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x78a38a80
No speaker given for Evripidis Karmanlis
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x631474f0
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x906593d0
No speaker given for Arion Oikonomopulu
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x8af6cc50
No speaker given for Achilleas Manago
No speaker given for Sotridis Dimitriadis
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa113d6c0
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa38f2c10
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa3eabba0
No speaker given for Alexandros Christou
No speaker given for Lazaros Oikonomopulu
No speaker given for Nikolaos Liosi
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa41a4210
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x9064c2b0
No speaker given for Giorgos Malas
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x83ed0670
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa4727070
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x1a67a010
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa4219330
No speaker given for Biton Strambopoulos
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa492d950
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa4a741f0
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa4b946a0
No speaker given for Angelos Papadopoulos
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa4cdf1a0
C Alpha 2-1: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
C Alpha 2-2: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
C Alpha 4-2: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x95280290
No speaker given for Kyriakos Maras
C Alpha 3-3: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense

It also look like some zones markers look active, even though I am not within activation distance.

Edited by ssechaud

Try eos deactivate. That will stop the current zone operating and turn the marker invisible.

Then you can call the eos/bastion zone again on that marker.

ok i will try it.

thx

Hi! i would like to know : when i use bastion mod, i can see blue dot markers created on the map, with ennemies units group name!!

Is it normal??

Thanks!

P.S : how can i hide thoses markers?

Hi! i would like to know : when i use bastion mod, i can see blue dot markers created on the map, with ennemies units group name!!

Is it normal??

Thanks!

P.S : how can i hide thoses markers?

Open the b_core.SQF

Find

"_debug=true;"

Replace with

"_debug=false;"

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

I was testing out 1.9 dev release, for some reason I am not seeing any AI in the game, yet markers are showing and there are no errors. The call I am using is:

"[['marker_name'],[2,1],[4,2],[1,1],[0,0],[1,0,0],[0,0,1000,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn;"

I think the AI are spawning because I am seeing these messages in RPT which I assume is regarding the spawned AI:

soldier[O_recon_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
Ref to nonnetwork object 90f63d60# 1765651: o_soldier_01.p3d
No speaker given for Evangelos Karmanlis
No speaker given for Evripidis Karmanlis
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x631474f0
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x906593d0
No speaker given for Arion Oikonomopulu
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x8af6cc50
No speaker given for Achilleas Manago
No speaker given for Sotridis Dimitriadis
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa113d6c0
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa38f2c10
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa3eabba0
No speaker given for Alexandros Christou
No speaker given for Lazaros Oikonomopulu
No speaker given for Nikolaos Liosi
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa41a4210
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x9064c2b0
No speaker given for Giorgos Malas
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x83ed0670
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa4727070
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x1a67a010
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa4219330
No speaker given for Biton Strambopoulos
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa4b946a0
No speaker given for Angelos Papadopoulos
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0xa4cdf1a0
C Alpha 2-1: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
C Alpha 2-2: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
C Alpha 4-2: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x95280290
No speaker given for Kyriakos Maras
C Alpha 3-3: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense

It also look like some zones markers look active, even though I am not within activation distance.

You are using single ' instead of " on your marker names. Try using " instead. If that doesn't work then i dont know how to help.

The template missions should work.

You are using single ' instead of " on your marker names. Try using " instead. If that doesn't work then i dont know how to help.

The template missions should work.

I am using "call compile format" to generate zones dynamically for locations and the code with single quotes was working fine for 1.8. I will investigate further and let you know what I figure out.

EDIT: Changing single quotes to double quotes has fixed it! My apologies. However some markers still look active while I am outside the activation distance.

Edited by ssechaud

Thanks you very much mate ;)

Just an off-topic question ? I can see in EOS_core, this :

0=[_mPos,units _aGroup,_r,0,[0,4],true] call callHouseScript;

and

0 = [_bGroup,_r] call EOS_Patrol;

And i know that is what call the patrol script of groups! But i can't understand how it works, because usually, you have the name's file in the command! Or here, it is not the same!

Then here, "call callHouseScript", i undertood that it calls "SHK_buildingpos.sqf", but why it isn't something like "execVM SHK_buildingpos"?

Same thing for "call EOS_Patrol" ==> "shk_patrol.sqf" !!

Can you explain me how it works, if you have enought time?? Thanks a lot !

Have a look in OpenMe.sqf, the first line creates handles for those functions/scripts e.g.

EOS_Patrol = compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "eos\Functions\shk_patrol.sqf";

Thanks you very much mate ;)

Just an off-topic question ? I can see in EOS_core, this :

0=[_mPos,units _aGroup,_r,0,[0,4],true] call callHouseScript;

and

0 = [_bGroup,_r] call EOS_Patrol;

And i know that is what call the patrol script of groups! But i can't understand how it works, because usually, you have the name's file in the command! Or here, it is not the same!

Then here, "call callHouseScript", i undertood that it calls "SHK_buildingpos.sqf", but why it isn't something like "execVM SHK_buildingpos"?

Same thing for "call EOS_Patrol" ==> "shk_patrol.sqf" !!

Functions are small scripts that carry a specific role. For example, Finding random positions, Spawning units and assigning waypoints (shk_patrol).

1. Its simpler to call a function instead of write it multiple times within a script, simple is good

2. Return value from functions. For example. _pos = [] call somefunction; can put a value inside the _pos variable for later use.

3. Functions are quicker to process than fresh execVM scripts. As the name implies they are 'pre-processed'. However, they take up more memory than execVMs

Thanks you very much ssechaud and you, BangaBob!

It's clear for me now ;) I didn't see the "EOS_Patrol = compile preprocessfile..." command :eek:

Everything is ok now!!:yay: Humm.. almost : I have so much things to learn :butbut:

EDIT :

I did a test because i found that there was too few ennemies in areas, regard to my parameters!

And i did a little mission, with 2 area, and i set something to have only house patrol in one, and only light vehicles in the second, with this (one area is hidden, and not the other!) :

null = [["Camp_rebel"],[2,2],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[1,0,0],[0,0,450,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn;

null = [["region_rebel"],[0,0],[0,0],[1,2],[0,0],[0,0,0],[0,1,600,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn;

==> the house patrol doesn't spawn :butbut: I tested it 4 times on my server (see my signature below) ! and they doesn't spawn :(

Is there someone with the same issue, in the EOS 1.9??

P.S : i have CBA_A3, @acre,@jayarmalib, and r3f activated!! but no problems with the v1.8!

I'm on DEV branch, on altis !

Thanks for your answers :)

Edited by chal00

Hey Great script But As I was testing i activated only the first group and nothing showed up here is the usage :

null = [["EOSinf_1"],[1,4],[0,0],[0,0],[10,1],[0,0,0],[0,0,200,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn;

Please let me know if its a bug or am I doing something wrong

Also is there a way to trigger something when an area Goes GREEN i mean can i attach a trigger when all enemies are dead and that area is clear.

I wanted to do like a spawn activation so a user has choice to span at any occupied ( green ) base.

Cheers

AK

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** version 1.8 for the A3 stable is available on the downloadpage as well!

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Most importantly thanks bangabob for the script - v 1,8 made it very easy to throw missions together

Been trying out 1.9 but it seems there are a few issues.

Firstly the examples at the top of "openme.sqf" are not in the same format as the actual active lines

// EXAMPLE CALL - EOS

// null = [["m1"],[1,2],[2,1],[1,4],[2,0],[0,1,1],[0,0,300]] call EOS_Spawn;

null = [["EOSinf_1","EOSinf_2"],[1,1],[1,1],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0,0],[4,0,250,WEST]] call EOS_Spawn;

// EXAMPLE CALL - BASTION

// null=[["m1"],[1,1],[1,1],[1,1],[1,1],[2,0,25]] call Bastion_Spawn;

null = [["EOSinf_1","EOSinf_2"],[1,1],[1,1],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0,0],[4,0,250,WEST]] call EOS_Spawn;

I think the commented out examples are incorrect

Might be good to sort these out to avoid confusion.

House patrols dont seem to spawn at all

Placing a 200m marker over the centre of a small town with a 100m Spawn radius seems to spawn land vehicles in the centre on the 200m marker. They spawn on top of each other and then explode. It also seems that soldiers spawn in the centre of the marker if some of them are killed by exploding vehicles they seem to start attacking each other.

Transport trucks dont appear to have any cargo.

Not all vehicles attack you though they do follow you with their turret

Heavy partols seem to either stay in a relatively small area or wander off

Not to sure if it has been implemented in this release but do you intend to put an option in where we can adjust the time for the "despawning" of enemy. Might be nice so if all the team die then there would be a definable amount of time to get back to the AO before starting over.

Also could someone let me know what the conditions are for "winning" a zone - is it NO enemy at all or is it NO foot soldiers at all - might be a nice feature (if its not already) to make the winning conditions less than say 3 enemy soldiers in the zone. That way if any soldiers get stuck inside inaccessable buildings (it is ARMA remeber) it wont stop a zone turning green.

Of course this maybe me not doing something right so any guidance would be appreciated. I am testing in preview mode from the editor so I am guessing it should work from there?

Oh and I am using the DEV branch

Keep up the good work and if you need an example showing what happens then PM me

Most importantly thanks bangabob for the script - v 1,8 made it very easy to throw missions together

Been trying out 1.9 but it seems there are a few issues.

Firstly the examples at the top of "openme.sqf" are not in the same format as the actual active lines

// EXAMPLE CALL - EOS

// null = [["m1"],[1,2],[2,1],[1,4],[2,0],[0,1,1],[0,0,300]] call EOS_Spawn;

// EXAMPLE CALL - BASTION

// null=[["m1"],[1,1],[1,1],[1,1],[1,1],[2,0,25]] call Bastion_Spawn;

I think the commented out examples are incorrect

Might be good to sort these out to avoid confusion.

House patrols dont seem to spawn at all

Placing a 200m marker over the centre of a small town with a 100m Spawn radius seems to spawn land vehicles in the centre on the 200m marker. They spawn on top of each other and then explode. It also seems that soldiers spawn in the centre of the marker if some of them are killed by exploding vehicles they seem to start attacking each other.

Not all vehicles attack you though they do follow you with their turret

Heavy partols seem to either stay in a relatively small area or wander off

Not to sure if it has been implemented in this release but do you intend to put an option in where we can adjust the time for the "despawning" of enemy. Might be nice so if all the team die then there would be a definable amount of time to get back to the AO before starting over.

Also could someone let me know what the conditions are for "winning" a zone - is it NO enemy at all or is it NO foot soldiers at all - might be a nice feature (if its not already) to make the winning conditions less than say 3 enemy soldiers in the zone. That way if any soldiers get stuck inside inaccessable buildings (it is ARMA remeber) it wont stop a zone turning green.

Of course this maybe me not doing something right so any guidance would be appreciated. I am testing in preview mode from the editor so I am guessing it should work from there?

Oh and I am using the DEV branch

Keep up the good work and if you need an example showing what happens then PM me

Nice feedback.

Known issues.

1. House patrols do not spawn. Has anyone tried this on Stratis? Since it may be a map issue

2. Spawning vehicles in towns can cause explosions

3. Attack vehicles sometimes do not fire

4. In-complete notes/PDF

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Have you given the Motorised vehicles a group over 0. For example [1,4]

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

I wanted to do like a spawn activation so a user has choice to span at any occupied ( green ) base.

To detect it you could use this

"colorgreen" == getmarkercolor "markername"

Doodle

"Not to sure if it has been implemented in this release but do you intend to put an option in where we can adjust the time for the "despawning" of enemy. Might be nice so if all the team die then there would be a definable amount of time to get back to the AO before starting over."

EOS does not start over like before...now saves the kills! Example: If you have 5 enemies on eos zone and kill 2 when you come back will restart only with the 3 left! So no need for despawning time!At least not for me!

Hi BangaBob ;) I was wondering something !?!

Isn't it simplest to have an array like this :

null = [[marker],[House],[Patrol],[wheeled Transport],[Motorised],[Armoured],[heli Transport],[Heli attack],[static], [Faction,Typeofmarker,distance,Side]] call EOS_Spawn;

I think it should be more simplest for you to separate transport from attack vehicules!

And it should be nice for us, and more precise! I often need motorised whith EOS, and not transport truck, and like it is now, i can't know before what will be spawned!!... at least i modfy the groups, but it will be the same for all the markers :(

Another thing is perhaps if you put [1,2], the game can't do it if it choosed an Ifrit!!...

Same thing if you put [1,1] (hoping an Ifrit), It will be ridiculous to have a transport truck with 2 units in cargo O_o!!..

That's why i would like the array i said before, and i think it should be more stable and hasardous for the script!

Another thing, said before, is that the groups spawn at the center of marker!?!... Or in the v1.8, with the same housepatrol script, everything was OK, then it's probably not the patrol script which do that!

That's all for the moment! What do you think of that?

Ciao ;)

EDIT : Another thing... How can we get the tak succeeded for an invisible marker ?? Is it possible to assigne a value for a marker when it's captured, like _win = 1 or 0 ?? Because we can't use the marker color if it invisible!

What do you think? ;)

Edited by chal00

Nice feedback.

Known issues.

1. House patrols do not spawn. Has anyone tried this on Stratis? Since it may be a map issue - same for me on stratis

2. Spawning vehicles in towns can cause explosions

3. Attack vehicles sometimes do not fire

4. In-complete notes/PDF

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Have you given the Motorised vehicles a group over 0. For example [1,4] YES

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

Also noticed no "waves" option in Bastion mode?

I'm also finding that AI spawn at the center of the marker, there are some around the outside but a vast majority are spawning in the middle.

EDIT: Played around to no avail, I upgraded my version and now it's effectively broken my mission. Anyone have any ideas on getting the AI to spawn within the marker area and not dead center?

EDIT2: Still no luck, moving the marker away from the center of town seemed to help, but not much. Heavy patrols also don't seem to be patrolling at all, they move a little bit then stand around until they're shot at.

Edited by Phlux1

Just started playing with 1.9 and must say that I'm liking it a lot (not that I didn't like the previous versions just as much).

I don't know how hard it would be to add to EOS, but I was playing on an Altis Domi map and they had a helo fly over an active AO and drop infantry by parachute. I know you have a helo infantry insertion already, but the para drop did look kinda awesome!

AI spawn at the center of the marker, there are some around the outside but a vast majority are spawning in the middle.

This is probably because of the find safe position function. This is supposed to stop units spawning onto of buildings and dying.

My parameters for it clearly need fine-tuning to enable spawning in populated areas.

You can try yourself by finding

BIS_fnc_findSafePos

in the EOS core. And changing the settings

And what about this Bangabob ? what do you think ?

Hi BangaBob ;) I was wondering something !?!

Isn't it simplest to have an array like this :

null = [[marker],[House],[Patrol],[wheeled Transport],[Motorised],[Armoured],[heli Transport],[Heli attack],[static], [Faction,Typeofmarker,distance,Side]] call EOS_Spawn;

I think it should be more simplest for you to separate transport from attack vehicules!

And it should be nice for us, and more precise! I often need motorised whith EOS, and not transport truck, and like it is now, i can't know before what will be spawned!!... at least i modfy the groups, but it will be the same for all the markers :(

Another thing is perhaps if you put [1,2], the game can't do it if it choosed an Ifrit!!...

Same thing if you put [1,1] (hoping an Ifrit), It will be ridiculous to have a transport truck with 2 units in cargo O_o!!..

That's why i would like the array i said before, and i think it should be more stable and hasardous for the script!