bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

Yeah ,Tonic just done me an addon version of his script!

So np now in any mission :)

how would I set this so it does not get active by helos fling over the zone as I had a missions with this and it lag out a bit as the helos was setting the areas off ,so I would like it so that anything flying will not active the zone thanks look forward to hearing from you

BangaBob

Is there a way to turn the markers invisible and then when the player is on it turns red and then green when its cleared?

hey bangabob,

awesome script. i just needed something easy to use but powerful yesterday to play a first coop on Altis with a friend and your scripts worked perfectly. i created 45 zones to cover almost every single settlement and we had a lot of fun.

i have a suggestion that could make this even better. it's just cosmetic but would increase immersion quite a lot,

arma 3 is missing a civ module at the moment (or permanently, who knwos) and while there are and will be civ scripts released, it's never good to have several unrelated scripts doing very similar stuff running ontop of eachother.

so what i propose is this:

add a parameter to the array for the script that allows some (just a few) civs to be spawned in the zones. maybe even one or two empty cars per town. your script seems very performance friendly and i think it would be ideal to have civs be spawning inside the circle instead of adding a new thread for them.

would be amazing to see this. maybe very simple for a start to see how it performs and always optional of course.

Has anyone else looked into making this system useful to those of us who use mods? I'm speaking specifically about using mod OPFOR units. I hate the 'Bugheads' as they ruin the immersion for me and my team (too sci-fi) so we've been using the SF African units and I'd prefer to build my missions with non-BIS OPFOR. EOS is excellent system with a lot of nice features - but I like to mod my missions (not only the OPFOR but which specific units and such). With EOS as it is now I can't do that and I'm getting bummed out because I can't make large scale missions with placed AI (too laggy).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I know BangaBob is aware of this but maybe if someone else came up with something it would help us all out.

Has anyone else looked into making this system useful to those of us who use mods? I'm speaking specifically about using mod OPFOR units. I hate the 'Bugheads' as they ruin the immersion for me and my team (too sci-fi) so we've been using the SF African units and I'd prefer to build my missions with non-BIS OPFOR. EOS is excellent system with a lot of nice features - but I like to mod my missions (not only the OPFOR but which specific units and such). With EOS as it is now I can't do that and I'm getting bummed out because I can't make large scale missions with placed AI (too laggy).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I know BangaBob is aware of this but maybe if someone else came up with something it would help us all out.

You can be the SF African and play against blufor using EOS!For now! ;)

how would I set this so it does not get active by helos fling over the zone as I had a missions with this and it lag out a bit as the helos was setting the areas off ,so I would like it so that anything flying will not active the zone thanks look forward to hearing from you

anymore news on this problem please

anymore news on this problem please

try this in eos init...

_spotTaken setTriggerStatements ["{vehicle _x in thisList && isplayer _x && ((getPosATL _x) select 2) < 5} count allUnits > 0","",""];

normally it will activate when the helo are under < 5m (landing)

you need to look inside the "eos_spawnInfantry.sqf". the following line is the pool of group classnames that are used for infantry (class names of those premade groups you can place in the editor):

for bluefor:_InfantryPool = ["BUS_InfSquad","BUS_InfSquad_Weapons"];

for opfor: _InfantryPool = ["OIA_InfSquad_Weapons","OIA_InfSquad"];

so if you use an addon that actually has a custom placeable group for the editor you just need to put the class name of that in there instead of what is there now. i just took a quick look but it eems like that's how it works.

you need to look inside the "eos_spawnInfantry.sqf". the following line is the pool of group classnames that are used for infantry (class names of those premade groups you can place in the editor):

so if you use an addon that actually has a custom placeable group for the editor you just need to put the class name of that in there instead of what is there now. i just took a quick look but it eems like that's how it works.

Sorry Bad - but that doesn't work. I tried that with the SF African units (and posted back in this thread about it) and it doesn't spawn. Seems that the infantry pools that the system is looking for is in a BIS config.

after having a closer look i noticed that there is more to take care of in there.

this is what spawns them

_sideEOSInf = [_spwnposNew, _enemyFactionVehicle, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> _enemyFaction >> _enemyTeam >> _typeGroup >> _currentEOStype),[],[],[0.25,0.4],[],[EOSgroupSize,0]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

so maybe you have to change the _enemyFaction var too. who knows. maybe your units have their own faction too. maybe there's even a side problem.

if that doesn't help you might want to try if "BIS_fnc_spawnGroup" is willing t ospawn that type of group at all. i mean totally independent of the EOS script.

Thanks Bad - while I appreciate the effort - I'm more of a 'slap it together' kind of guy than a coder. I can add or remove stuff from scripts, and change them a bit, but I have no idea what 90% of the stuff is. Hence why I rely on scripts with easily adaptable stuff like DAC, which this script seems to be the successor of. With DAC it was easy to put in new units - you just put in their configs in a certain order (pilot, crew, officer, grunt, grunt...etc) and vehicles were the same (just put in the config) and viola! You could spawn stuff. That's what I need from EOS - just a place to put unit/vehicle/loadout configs and I'm a happy guy. Going into the BIS functions...err...nope not something I play with.

Going into the BIS functions...err...nope not something I play with.

well not going into the functions. just trying if they spawn your desired group at all. what i described isn't as hard as you may think. as i described EOS used preset groups from CFGgroups so it is required that the addon you use has those. maybe just send me a PM with a link to the addon in question so i can investigate further. i'm really just trying to help and also am interested in this because i want to use my own units with this in the near future.

How do i add a game logic named server?

On the editor press f1 "insert unit", "side" then game logic and on "name:" write server!;)

_spotTaken setTriggerStatements ["{vehicle _x in thisList && isplayer _x && ((getPosATL _x) select 2) < 5} count allUnits > 0","",""];
yer I try this but the zone still becomes active when I fly over the area ,any more ideai how to stop zones becoming active when stuff fly over them

How do i add a game logic named server?

if (isServer) then {
     if ((isNil ("server"))) then {
       private["_game_logic_center","_game_logic_group"];
       _game_logic_center = createCenter sideLogic;
       _game_logic_group = createGroup _game_logic_center;
       server = _game_logic_group createUnit ["LOGIC",[0,0,0],[],0,"NONE"];
       publicVariable "server";
     };
   };

yer I try this but the zone still becomes active when I fly over the area ,any more ideai how to stop zones becoming active when stuff fly over them

sorry here it is

_spotFriendlies setTriggerStatements ["{vehicle _x in thisList && isplayer _x&& ((getPosATL _x) select 2) < 5} count allUnits > 0","",""];

On the editor press f1 "insert unit", "side" then game logic and on "name:" write server!;)

:j: he he he I was looking for it in empty units, thanks. ssechaud do I put that code in the game logics init box?

is there anyway to make it so spawned vehicles with dead crew are usable and dont despawn? that would be a brilliant feature. I'm loving this script by the way, thanks for all your work on it!

is there anyway to make it so spawned vehicles with dead crew are usable and dont despawn? that would be a brilliant feature. I'm loving this script by the way, thanks for all your work on it!

This is already a feature in the next version. Aswell as full unit caching and the ability to add specific unit classnames for use with mods. Also helicopters will land with reinforcements now. The next update will be released as dev version in the next few days

Is it possible to define group number and number in groups by supplying them as an array? Like

[["mrk1","mrk2"],[[0,0],[0,0],[1,5],[0,0],[1,1],[1,1]],[0,250,0],true] execVM "eos\eos_GearBox.sqf";

Hi everybody :)

Before anything, it's a amazing script! woaw!! very usefull!

But i have one problem :

-> When i set an invisible marker("1"), it's still visible like a standard marker! why?

Thanks for your answer ;)

EDIT : i'm on DEV branch! and my server too!

That's normal, the value for visible/invsible is just for seeing if enemies are in the zone or not. You need to set a invisble marker to make the marker completely invisible.

Thanks for your answer! but it's seems that wasn't like that!

You can see in the first page : 0 = dynamic marker; 1 =invisible... ; 2 = marker visible but disable highlighting !?!?

I will test !

Thanks ;)

EDIT : i tested with this in init.sqf :

"markername" setMarkerAlpha 0;

But it's the same !!