bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

*Post deleted*

Edited by Valixx

I understood why patrol leave the area.

In fact we can't set max distance under 50m. this is the level min defining in the bis function... so you can verify by replacing (random _eosMarkerSizeB * 0.5) by 100 for example.

Hello,

There's still one stuff missing : automatic recapturation of zones every xx hours

For example, the zones are recaptured 24 hours or maybe 1 hour (can be defined in the settings) after the latest human player leaves the server (if not possible, every 12 hours for exemple) : This way you're not forced to restart the mission when everything's green.

The dynamic battlefield seems not bad : but if we clean the zone, they will remain green until the server's restarted.

Thanks !

Hello,

There's still one stuff missing : automatic recapturation of zones every xx hours

For example, the zones are recaptured 24 hours or maybe 1 hour (can be defined in the settings) after the latest human player leaves the server (if not possible, every 12 hours for exemple) : This way you're not forced to restart the mission when everything's green.

The dynamic battlefield seems not bad : but if we clean the zone, they will remain green until the server's restarted.

Thanks !

That's not going to be implemented. This is a script for simply spawning enemies. Not a mission generator.

Great work as always Banga. Is there any way to spawn a group with item restrictions such as:

unassignItem "NVGoggles";

removeItem "NVGoggles";

unassignItem "acc_pointer_IR";

removePrimaryWeaponItem "acc_pointer_IR";

addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_flashlight";

assignItem "acc_flashlight";

enableGunLights "ForceOn";

That would be awesome for nightmissions...

I tried to get this to work somehow but everything i made felt quite clumsy and script heavy...

open your spawnInfantry.sqf (for example) and add the following line in 48 (after the group has been spawned with bis_fnc_spawnGroup).

{_x unassignItem "NVGoggles"; _x removeItem "NVGoggles"; _x addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_flashlight"; _x enableGunLights "ForceOn";} forEach units _sideEOSInf;

That's not going to be implemented. This is a script for simply spawning enemies. Not a mission generator.

You really think that just reset a cleaned zone periodicaly will make your script a mission generator ?

I don't agree, it will just make your script interesting for dedicated server, if not possible to recapture then your script loses a lot of interest imho.

Sorry, but I think I won't use this script until you had such a feature.

You should rename Enemy Occupation System to Enemy One Time Spawning on Defined Zones EOTSDZ ;) I know it's less sexy than EOS but that's what your script does.

When an army occupies a territory, if the enemy kills their soldiers in a zone, the army sends new soldiers to replace their dead ones, this is occupation. Perhaps we can imagine that if their base is taken, they can't send new soldiers.

regards

Edited by gagi

You really think that just reset a cleaned zone periodicaly will make your script a mission generator ?

I don't agree, it will just make your script interesting for dedicated server, if not possible to recapture then your script loses a lot of interest imho.

You should rename Enemy Occupation System to Enemy One Time Spawning on Defined Zones EOTSDZ ;) I know it's less sexy than EOS but that's what your script does.

regards

Instead of ranting like a baby you should make your own script or modify EOS.

You should be grateful that there are people sharing their knowledge to create and update scripts like this one.

I'm sure he's devastated about this.

Instead of ranting like a baby you should make your own script or modify EOS.

You should be grateful that there are people sharing their knowledge to create and update scripts like this one.

Who are you to try giving bitchlessons ? You're the baby, dude !

I just see that we cannot discuss about the evolution of this script and I have no time for scripting, so I suggest some evolutions.

Until a new version with some evolutions, simple : I remove this script cause it doesn't suit my needs

Thanks for nothing

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

I'm sure he's devastated about this.

do I care?

Keep it civil, guys.

Edited by MadDogX

I just see that we cannot discuss about the evolution of this script and I have no time for scripting, so I suggest some evolutions.

You just made my day, man. This is hi·lar·i·ous

You just made my day, man. This is hi·lar·i·ous

Well... You must have crappy days ...

When an army occupies a territory, if the enemy kills their soldiers in a zone, the army sends new soldiers to replace their dead ones, this is occupation. Perhaps we can imagine that if their base is taken, they can't send new soldiers.

regards

I guess gagi cannot read what BOB clearly stated. EOS is not a mission generator. EOS is a niche mod that provides a unique take in making missions for the ARMA community. Read the description if you do not understand. PLUS, gagi clearly doesn't understand the complexity and time consumption it takes to create these mods. The nerve of gagi to make such comments without researching what this mod is all about. That's like me going to FORD, which took them years of research and development to create their automobiles, and telling them I'll will not drive their cars because they cannot fly(They're CARS,duh!). And another thing, Enemy Occupation System is correct when naming this mod. The enemy is occupying the zoned area and it is up to you to clear it out. Now what you are stating is that the mod should become an Enemy Re-occupation System, then this whole rant of yours might make some sense(sort of... O.o). So if that's the case, I would like to see you use your editing and modding skills, if you have any, to create such a mod for us to critique.

Now with all this being said, gagi is entitled to voice his/her opinion. If gagi disapproves of this mod, then he/she is allowed to be heard. Just please do some research and put some thought into what you're going to post. (Hmmm..well I guess it's true that ignorance is bliss.)

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

I guess gagi cannot read what BOB clearly stated. EOS is not a mission generator. EOS is a niche mod that provides a unique take in making missions for the ARMA community. Read the description if you do not understand. PLUS, gagi clearly doesn't understand the complexity and time consumption it takes to create these mods. The nerve of gagi to make such comments without researching what this mod is all about. That's like me going to FORD, which took them years of research and development to create their automobiles, and telling them I'll will not drive their cars because they cannot fly(They're CARS,duh!). And another thing, Enemy Occupation System is correct when naming this mod. The enemy is occupying the zoned area and it is up to you to clear it out. Now what you are stating is that the mod should become an Enemy Re-occupation System, then this whole rant of yours might make some sense(sort of... O.o). So if that's the case, I would like to see you use your editing and modding skills, if you have any, to create such a mod for us to critique.

Now with all this being said, gagi is entitled to voice his/her opinion. If gagi disapproves of this mod, then he/she is allowed to be heard. Just please do some research and put some thought into what you're going to post. (Hmmm..well I guess it's true that ignorance is bliss.)

Well, at least someone clever on this thread (or at least a less idiot one), I don't have any sqf scripting language skills but look, in this mod you have many parameters. There's one missing : delay for a zone to be re-occupied, 0=never

One thing nice with this mod is the despawning system that's pretty all it does, except this feature you put IA on the map : same result for players who don't give a f*** at sqf.

I'll give it a try, I like challenges but I don't like dev forks that's why I asked the developer who doesn't want an open discussion let's try a fork then !!! But, i wasn't critisizing the mod just suggest!

I think this mod is cool, but I don't like to restart our mission every day that's all.

For the Ford stuff, I wouldn't ask them a flying car but one that brakes and stops braking when it slips... That's ANti bloking braking system, a feature used by every car brand nowadays, this is just an evolution... Anyway I prefere german cars !

I Know coding is Time consuming, but, why do this thread exist? To discuss it or to agree anything?

Sure some guys here must follow the black sheep and die in the river !!!

Hey come on devs, who wants to make a PORSCHE-REOS from this FORD-EOS ??? :yay:

Edited by gagi

Well, at least someone clever on this thread (or at least a less idiot one), I don't have any sqf scripting language skills but look, in this mod you have many parameters. There's one missing : delay for a zone to be re-occupied, 0=never

One thing nice with this mod is the despawning system that's pretty all it does, except this feature you put IA on the map : same result for players who don't give a f*** at sqf.

I'll give it a try, I like challenges but I don't like dev forks that's why I asked the developer who doesn't want an open discussion let's try a fork then !!! But, i wasn't critisizing the mod just suggest!

I think this mod is cool, but I don't like to restart our mission every day that's all.

For the Ford stuff, I wouldn't ask them a flying car but one that brakes and stops braking when it slips... That's ANti bloking braking system, a feature used by every car brand nowadays, this is just an evolution... Anyway I prefere german cars !

I Know coding is Time consuming, but, why do this thread exist? To discuss it or to agree anything?

Sure some guys here must follow the black sheep and die in the river !!!

Hey come on devs, who wants to make a PORSCHE-REOS from this FORD-EOS ??? :yay:

gagi...You are absolutely right that threads exist to discuss a topic at hand, but always do your research before you post. RESEARCH is the KEY. The answer you are looking for is on page 1 at the top. If you look in the description, it mentions that the mod has and I quote " Dynamic Battlefield Zones that can be recaptured by the enemy". Now, how does the recapturing of zones work, I do not know. How the recapturing of zones work and the steps that are needed to activate this ability is the questions you should asking. RESEARCH. If it doesn't work, is there a script that can activate this ability. RESEARCH. Do your research before you post.

I have one question, why is it so important to have re-occupation in the zones? Every time you disconnect from the mission and start over again, you are going to have a fresh mission with occupied zones all over again. If you want to lengthen the mission, just add more markers/zones to the map. I have around 70 zones with many hours of game play and planning on adding more. I'm just confused why you need it.

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

BangaBob thank u for this amazing flexible script.

Every time im clearing Agia marina it reminds me of A2 insurgency in Fallujah, although agia isn't as big but certainly just as immersive.

great job so far...

help here!

I need a trigger to end mission when area is clear from enemies/marker is green!

this does not work:

waituntil {"colorGreen"==(getMarkercolor "mkrName")};

Hint "eos cleared";

Please!Thanks.

Just tried it out tonight, got it working perfectly, loving it so far! Many thanks BangaBob!

Hey Banga quick question for you.

If I add vehicles to the spawn they always spawn way outside the marker and 'attempt' to drive to the marker location. I use attempt because well, it's driving AI :D.

Is this deliberate or am I missing something when setting up the zones?

help here!

I need a trigger to end mission when area is clear from enemies/marker is green!

this does not work:

waituntil {"colorGreen"==(getMarkercolor "mkrName")};

Hint "eos cleared";

Please!Thanks.

Hey Grillob.

You have to put

getMarkerColor "markername" == "ColorGreen"

in the condition box of the trigger, and in the onAct box:

Hint "Successfully cleared the town, good job soldiers!";

And if you want to end the mission with that trigger, choose #END1 as the type.

Cheers,

Valixx

Hey Grillob.

You have to put

getMarkerColor "markername" == "ColorGreen"

in the condition box of the trigger, and in the onAct box:

Hint "Successfully cleared the town, good job soldiers!";

And if you want to end the mission with that trigger, choose #END1 as the type.

Cheers,

Valixx

Hi Valixx

Do you know how to nest the markernames.

I have some areas that have 3 zones in them and don't want the hint to appear untill all three have turned green.

I just tried:

getMarkerColor "markername1","markername2" == "ColorGreen"

and

getMarkerColor ["markername1","markername2"] == "ColorGreen"

But neither worked.

Hi Valixx

Do you know how to nest the markernames.

I have some areas that have 3 zones in them and don't want the hint to appear untill all three have turned green.

I just tried:

getMarkerColor "markername1","markername2" == "ColorGreen"

and

getMarkerColor ["markername1","markername2"] == "ColorGreen"

But neither worked.

markers = ["markername1","markername2"];

{

getMarkercolor _x == "ColorGreen";

} foreach markers;

Something like that I think, not tried it.

e.g.

markers = ["markername1","markername2"];

if
(
   {
   getMarkercolor _x == "ColorGreen";
   } foreach markers;
)

then

{

hint "all areas captured";

};