bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

That looks like it is related to the scaling of ai to players. Is this error on a dedicated server? Also try turning off scaling of ai and see if you get the same error.

NOTE: Have you called the script correctly?

[true] execVM "eos\eos_OpenMe.sqf";

OR

[FALSE] execVM "eos\eos_OpenMe.sqf";

Edited by BangaBob

I used the old "[] execvm "eos\eos_openMe.sqf";".

Maybe/probably that was the problem.

I used the old "[] execvm "eos\eos_openMe.sqf";".

Maybe/probably that was the problem.

Yes. That is the problem

I made my own version of Escape From Stratis using this. I was just wondering, is it possible I can take out the part of the script that despawns units once they get too far away from their zones? I want it because if a player steals an enemy vehicle, it'll despawn and that's very bad if a player is using a boat to escape the island. I was thinking if I took it out, I could just use the simulation manager module to make sure enemies aren't taking up resources.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Also is it possible to fill the assault boats and vehicles? I was just thinking since it sometimes spawns the Zamak and HEMTT transports, they're kinda useless if they're empty.

I made my own version of Escape From Stratis using this. I was just wondering, is it possible I can take out the part of the script that despawns units once they get too far away from their zones? I want it because if a player steals an enemy vehicle, it'll despawn and that's very bad if a player is using a boat to escape the island. I was thinking if I took it out, I could just use the simulation manager module to make sure enemies aren't taking up resources.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Also is it possible to fill the assault boats and vehicles? I was just thinking since it sometimes spawns the Zamak and HEMTT transports, they're kinda useless if they're empty.

Yeah that's a good point about the vehicles. I could make so certain parts of the script don't de-spawn (Such as vehicles) also Helicopters are immune to de-spawning.

I'd be fine if you could tell me how to make it so nothing despawns, since I could just use the simulation manager for that.

I'd be fine if you could tell me how to make it so nothing despawns, since I could just use the simulation manager for that.

It's not that simple. The whole script is built around de-spawning ai

I don't suppose I could add a code that checks if a player is inside a vehicle then? I've tried looking through the scripts to see what I could do myself with my limited knowledge, but I'm not even sure I can find the part I'm looking for.

Alright Bob, spent the night testing it. Looking very nice! Came up with some issues.

First

Any time a marker went into Bastion mode the following error would show up:

Error Undefined variable in expression: _air

eos\eos_init

Line 96

Second

After clearing a marker from red to green (non Bastion), a random number would get spit out in the hint box (3.06819 and 7.96873 were ones that I grabbed with screen caps).

Third

I don't have it set to spawn aircraft for the occupied zone and it doesn't, however during a Bastion mode we're always getting an Mi-48 (is there a way to turn that on/off) and also the Mi-48 never seems to react to ground forces, however it is a long range crackshot at taking out our Blackfoot.

Fourth

OPFOR vehicles are still not locating safe spawn points and occasionally explode when they intersect other objects. Rare, but it did happen 3 times that I saw during three hours of testing. One intersected the Hesko barriers at Camp Tempest, another spawned inside the wall of a building at Jay Cove and the third I didn't see what happened, but it detonated next to the Lighthouse at the Spartan.

----------

I use 25-100m Ellipse Markers (denotes strength of the forces in the area)

Example of my OpenMe code, just in case I set a variable wrong:

//Medium Base
[["Maxwell","Rogain","Kamino"],[2,4,3,3,4,0],[0,250,0],true] execVM "eos\eos_GearBox.sqf";

It also looks like you took out the reinforcements option. I used this to spawn random enemies the player would encounter in my mission. I would have used the light patrol option, but I found it would sometimes spawn the squads right next to the player. Particularly when starting the mission.

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

I guess I'll just switch back to light patrols.

Alright Bob, spent the night testing it. Looking very nice! Came up with some issues.

First

Any time a marker went into Bastion mode the following error would show up:

Error Undefined variable in expression: _air

eos\eos_init

Line 96

Second

After clearing a marker from red to green (non Bastion), a random number would get spit out in the hint box (3.06819 and 7.96873 were ones that I grabbed with screen caps).

Third

I don't have it set to spawn aircraft for the occupied zone and it doesn't, however during a Bastion mode we're always getting an Mi-48 (is there a way to turn that on/off) and also the Mi-48 never seems to react to ground forces, however it is a long range crackshot at taking out our Blackfoot.

Fourth

OPFOR vehicles are still not locating safe spawn points and occasionally explode when they intersect other objects. Rare, but it did happen 3 times that I saw during three hours of testing. One intersected the Hesko barriers at Camp Tempest, another spawned inside the wall of a building at Jay Cove and the third I didn't see what happened, but it detonated next to the Lighthouse at the Spartan.

----------

I use 25-100m Ellipse Markers (denotes strength of the forces in the area)

Example of my OpenMe code, just in case I set a variable wrong:

//Medium Base
[["Maxwell","Rogain","Kamino"],[2,4,3,3,4,0],[0,250,0],true] execVM "eos\eos_GearBox.sqf";

Hi there. Nice notes. I have already fixed 1 and 2.Which will be in the next version (Just simple things which i forgot).

3. Yes its possible to change the bastion settings. Open "EOS\eos_init.sqf" and find

"null=[_currentMKR,[2,1,0,1],_eosFactionsArray,[1,15],true] execVM "eos\bastion\bastion_init.sqf";"

and change it to

"null=[_currentMKR,[2,1,0,0],_eosFactionsArray,[1,15],true] execVM "eos\bastion\bastion_init.sqf";"

That will stop helicopters spawning.

4. Thats disappointing. I can't think of anything else i can do to stop vehicles exploding on spawn. It seems the find empty zone function doesn't recognize walls very well

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

It also looks like you took out the reinforcements option. I used this to spawn random enemies the player would encounter in my mission. I would have used the light patrol option, but I found it would sometimes spawn the squads right next to the player. Particularly when starting the mission.

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

I guess I'll just switch back to light patrols.

Well that's disappointing. Have you set your spawn distances up? Also the bastion mode does the same thin reinforcements did just much more efficiently and better. Have you checked that out?

BangaBob...I'm new to PCs and even though I have a general idea on what to do, I still get stuck every now and then. I followed the PDF's instructions and I cannot get EOS to work. I made a marker and went into openme.sqf and placed marker name in "" and only got default marker(not red) and no spawns. I also didn't get the 2 missions and template. I am sure I didn't install it correctly, so I appreciate if you or someone can help with this issue. I hate to sound like a noob, but we all start at the bottom and eventually work our way up. THanks in advance.

BangaBob...I'm new to PCs and even though I have a general idea on what to do, I still get stuck every now and then. I followed the PDF's instructions and I cannot get EOS to work. I made a marker and went into openme.sqf and placed marker name in "" and only got default marker(not red) and no spawns. I also didn't get the 2 missions and template. I am sure I didn't install it correctly, so I appreciate if you or someone can help with this issue. I hate to sound like a noob, but we all start at the bottom and eventually work our way up. THanks in advance.

Did you make the init.sqf? And put the [true] execVM "eos\eos_OpenMe.sqf"; inside it?

Copy and paste the code you have inside the eos_OpenMe.sqf so i can see if thats the problem

Did you make the init.sqf? And put the [true] execVM "eos\eos_OpenMe.sqf"; inside it?

Copy and paste the code you have inside the eos_OpenMe.sqf so i can see if thats the problem

Yes I did and placed sqf and EOS folder in mission folder(Documents>Arma 3 Other Profile> User Name>Mission>EOSTest.Stratis> place eos folder and sqf here).

Here's a copy of eos_openMe.sqf...

if (isnil "EOSmarkers") then {EOSmarkers = [];};publicVariable "EOSmarkers"; onplayerConnected {[] execVM "eos\eos_GearBox.sqf";}; callHouseScript = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "eos\SHK_buildingpos.sqf";[(_this select 0)] execVM "eos\eos_DynamicAI.sqf";

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//

// ENEMY OCCUPATION SYSTEM - EOS by BangaBob

// [["MarkerNames","MarkerNames"],[HousePatrols,HeavyPatrols,LightVehicle,APC,Mortars],[EnemySide,SpawnDistance,MarkerType],DynamicBattlefield] execVM "EOS\eos_GearBox.sqf";

//

// FACTION CLASS

// 0 = EAST

// 1 = WEST

// 2 = INDEPENDENT

// 3 = CIVILIAN

//

// BASTION SYSTEM - By BangaBob

// null=["BastionMarker",[2,1,0,0],[0,250,0],[2,15]] execVM "eos\bastion\bastion_init.sqf";

// null=["markerName",[HeavySquads,LightVehicle,APCs,static,aircraft],[EnemySide,SpawnDistance,MarkerType],[NumberOfWaves,DelayBetweenWaves]] execVM "EOS\Bastion\Bastion_Init.sqf";

//

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[["mkr1","mkr2"],[0,1,0,0,0,1],[0,10,0],true] execVM "eos\eos_GearBox.sqf";

[["mkr3","mkr4"],[3,2,0,1,0,0],[0,10,0],true] execVM "eos\eos_GearBox.sqf";

EDIT...I'm also getting an error when I preview the editor...

Script EOS\EOS_openMe.sqf not found

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

Well that's disappointing. Have you set your spawn distances up? Also the bastion mode does the same thin reinforcements did just much more efficiently and better. Have you checked that out?

It had happened on a few occasions before, but I don't think it's that much of a problem, it's not that common anyway, and it seems to happen less now.

Hi,

Error on a dedicated server...

23:43:10 Error in expression <arkercolor (getMarkercolor _x);}foreach EOSmarkers;

if (!isServer) exitwith {}>

23:43:10 Error position: <EOSmarkers;

23:43:10 Error Undefined variable in expression: eosmarkers

23:43:10 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\eos\eos_GearBox.sqf, line 1

23:43:10 Error in expression <ratis\eos\eos_GearBox.sqf"

EOSmarkers = EOSmarkers + (_this select 0);publicvari>

23:43:10 Error position: <EOSmarkers + (_this select 0);publicvari>

Yes I did and placed sqf and EOS folder in mission folder(Documents>Arma 3 Other Profile> User Name>Mission>EOSTest.Stratis> place eos folder and sqf here).

Here's a copy of eos_openMe.sqf...

if (isnil "EOSmarkers") then {EOSmarkers = [];};publicVariable "EOSmarkers"; onplayerConnected {[] execVM "eos\eos_GearBox.sqf";}; callHouseScript = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "eos\SHK_buildingpos.sqf";[(_this select 0)] execVM "eos\eos_DynamicAI.sqf";

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//

// ENEMY OCCUPATION SYSTEM - EOS by BangaBob

// [["MarkerNames","MarkerNames"],[HousePatrols,HeavyPatrols,LightVehicle,APC,Mortars],[EnemySide,SpawnDistance,MarkerType],DynamicBattlefield] execVM "EOS\eos_GearBox.sqf";

//

// FACTION CLASS

// 0 = EAST

// 1 = WEST

// 2 = INDEPENDENT

// 3 = CIVILIAN

//

// BASTION SYSTEM - By BangaBob

// null=["BastionMarker",[2,1,0,0],[0,250,0],[2,15]] execVM "eos\bastion\bastion_init.sqf";

// null=["markerName",[HeavySquads,LightVehicle,APCs,static,aircraft],[EnemySide,SpawnDistance,MarkerType],[NumberOfWaves,DelayBetweenWaves]] execVM "EOS\Bastion\Bastion_Init.sqf";

//

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[["mkr1","mkr2"],[0,1,0,0,0,1],[0,10,0],true] execVM "eos\eos_GearBox.sqf";

[["mkr3","mkr4"],[3,2,0,1,0,0],[0,10,0],true] execVM "eos\eos_GearBox.sqf";

EDIT...I'm also getting an error when I preview the editor...

Script EOS\EOS_openMe.sqf not found

Run the EOStemplate v2. That works for sure. And let me know how it goes

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

Hi,

Error on a dedicated server...

23:43:10 Error in expression <arkercolor (getMarkercolor _x);}foreach EOSmarkers;

23:43:10 Error position: <EOSmarkers;

23:43:10 Error in expression <ratis\eos\eos_GearBox.sqf"

EOSmarkers = EOSmarkers + (_this select 0);publicvari>

23:43:10 Error position: <EOSmarkers + (_this select 0);publicvari>

Yeah that error is pointless. That code works and updates the markers for all JIP players.

Only the host gets that error, so players arent dont even get it (It doesn't actually affect anything)

Run the EOStemplate v2. That works for sure. And let me know how it goes

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

Yeah that error is pointless. That code works and updates the markers for all JIP players.

Only the host gets that error, so players arent dont even get it (It doesn't actually affect anything)

Aye, good to know :D kept wondering.

HMMM...I looked everywhere(Showcase,Scenario,etc) and could not find EOSTemplate v2. Plus I'm getting the error in the editor(Script EOS\EOS_openMe.sqf not found) so I'm stumped. I thank you for your patience since most of the forum members are familiar how to install/uninstall mods and scripting. I will eventually learn how but in the meantime I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks

HMMM...I looked everywhere(Showcase,Scenario,etc) and could not find EOSTemplate v2. Plus I'm getting the error in the editor(Script EOS\EOS_openMe.sqf not found) so I'm stumped. I thank you for your patience since most of the forum members are familiar how to install/uninstall mods and scripting. I will eventually learn how but in the meantime I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks

1. Download eos Package 1.75.

2. Extract anywhere. You will have 3 pdfs and EOSTemplateV2.stratis folder

3. copy EOSTemplateV2.stratis to your missions

C:\Users\phill\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\BangaBob\missions 

4. Open ArmA 3. Start the editor. And load EOSTemplateV2.stratis

Hey it's me again! I fixed the vehicle despawning problem, mostly.

In eos_SpawnVehicle.sqf line 70.

Change

if (!_active) then {

To

if (!_active && !(player in _vehicle) ) then {

The vehicle will not depsawn, but once the player has left it, it disappears instantly. To fix this I added an else command in as line 75, it says

else {_loop=false};

Hey it's me again! I fixed the vehicle despawning problem, mostly.

In eos_SpawnVehicle.sqf line 70.

Change

if (!_active) then {

To

if (!_active && !(player in _vehicle) ) then {

The vehicle will not depsawn, but once the player has left it, it disappears instantly. To fix this I added an else command in as line 75, it says

else {_loop=false};

Thanks for sharing. Although this won't work on a decicated server as "player" isn't recognised.

Thanks Bob...

Your instructions helped. Apparently I had the eos in the wrong folder. I was able to load the template and tried it out for a few minutes, but my main goal was to use eos to build my own missions. Am I suppose to the template to build missions or do I use the editor? Speaking of the editor, I got on and made a marker and previewed and nothing(default mkr and no spawn). I figured that the openme.sqf had four mkr's already set so I thought I'd use one of those to test("mkr1"). Does eos work on regular editor? Is there a code or [on] button to activate eos? Or are we suppose to use the template? Once again thanks for ur help.