bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

With EOS 1.5 integrated into our missions, clients get an occasionally "arma 3 stopped working".

We didn't have this problem with the same mission without eos.

I doubt, it is the higher amount of AI, as we have already played missions with almost 300 AI and didn't experience these crash to desktops.

Most of the time we get a lot of discs at once (for example yesterday 12 out of 15-17 crashed), but the server keeps running.

Any ideas why?

Might be the mission and how EOS is implemented.

mightbe worth checking it in another Mission.

Also getting the zero divisor thing, all I did was create a marker on the map over a town, and execute it with a trigger.... it turns orange, but there's no enemies?

how would I do this if I independent faction (Private Military Mod) and I want OpFor to attack me? (Or even show up LOL)

Bastion Script

Alright, it's number 2, got that.

Still, why are there no enemies?

Edited by SturmFalkeRDA

With EOS 1.5 integrated into our missions, clients get an occasionally "arma 3 stopped working".

I doubt, it is the higher amount of AI, as we have already played missions with almost 300 AI and didn't experience these crash to desktops.

Most of the time we get a lot of discs at once (for example yesterday 12 out of 15-17 crashed), but the server keeps running.

Any ideas why?

no idea why. Eos uses triggers mainly and they are very reliable. if your using other ai spawners then I don't know what kind of effects it may have. Just bare in mind that arma is still beta. Although I'm sure that's not the problem.

If you are sure eos is causing the crashes then remove it for now. But don't expect a fix until I get more information or crash reports

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

Also getting the zero divisor thing, all I did was create a marker on the map over a town, and execute it with a trigger.... it turns orange, but there's no enemies?

how would I do this if I independent faction (Private Military Mod) and I want OpFor to attack me? (Or even show up LOL)

Bastion Script

Alright, it's number 2, got that.

Still, why are there no enemies?

If your marker is orange that means eos bastion is activated. Go into the eos_bastion.sqf and find debughint=true and remove the //before it. Let me know what it says in the hints

says SM On Land.... then flashes a message too quickly, and goes to another SM On Land, LOL...

something about a server?

says SM On Land.... then flashes a message too quickly, and goes to another SM On Land, LOL...

something about a server?

Sounds like the wave isn't spawning. What do you have inside the Trigger

Sounds like the wave isn't spawning. What do you have inside the Trigger

Name BastionTrigger

Type None

Activation Radio Alpha

Once

Present

Condition This

On Act

null = ["OpForPatrol1",[1,5,120],[250,0,2]] execVM "EOS\eos_Bastion.sqf";

On Dea

Now, the OpForPatrol1 Trigger, is....

A 200 by 200 Rectangle

with solid and default color...

I also have a circle I could try.... hmm?

Also had an amazing idea, would it be possible for me to have a script that puts the marker and moves it with the squad leader? will it mess up EOS?

BTW, I have no normal EOS zones right now besides bastion, do I need one? LOL

Edited by SturmFalkeRDA

Name BastionTrigger

Type None

Activation Radio Alpha

Once

Present

Condition This

On Act

null = ["OpForPatrol1",[1,5,120],[250,0,2]] execVM "EOS\eos_Bastion.sqf";

On Dea

Now, the OpForPatrol1 Trigger, is....

A 200 by 200 Rectangle

with solid and default color...

I also have a circle I could try.... hmm?

Also had an amazing idea, would it be possible for me to have a script that puts the marker and moves it with the squad leader? will it mess up EOS?

BTW, I have no normal EOS zones right now besides bastion, do I need one? LOL

null = ["OpForPatrol1",0,[5,120],[250,0,2]] execVM "eos\EOS_Bastion.sqf"; try that code. I'm on my mobile so make sure the speechmarks are the note pad speech marks. Not the 66 and 99 speechmarks. Hope that makes sense

Woah, what the heck did you change? I notice a 0 from a 1, but it worked!

AAAND the AI killed me very quickly.... Thanks so much!

http://www.twitch.tv/sturmfalkerda/b/432497075

You had [ ]'s in the wrong place. For more important information on bastion mode read the last page of the readme.pdf

Alright, if I attach the marker to the player somehow will the EOS Script work fine?

I want to have them go to a vehicle, and hopefully the ai will shoot at it. LOL.

@BangaBob - Thank you so much for this script. It's exactly what I have been looking for in regard to how it spawns and de-spawns based on a unit in the radius of the marker.

One question please.. Is there any way that your script could be used to spawn in civilians? I would like to use your same process for only spawning civilians in a marker area when a player is within the marker radius. I have tried to use a custom zone and change the object name in the motorpool line to "C_man_1", for example. It works as far as it will spawn a civilian when I enter into that zone, but the civilian only stays present for about 3 seconds then de-spawns.

What do you think? Is there any way to add civilians into your dynamic spawn - de-spawn ?

Thank you very much again for you work. It's really exceptional!

Script is great, I'm currently using it to build an OP for my group. One question though, is there a way to disable the shkbuildpos script so the AI DON'T spawn in the nearest building? This is quite frustrating, I've tried disabling it several different ways and can't seem to find out how to do it without breaking the rest of the script. This would be a very nice feature in the future ;) I don't want to have a firebase look empty until friendlies open a door and find a whole squad just chillin out inside a building.

Thanks

Script is great, I'm currently using it to build an OP for my group. One question though, is there a way to disable the shkbuildpos script so the AI DON'T spawn in the nearest building? This is quite frustrating, I've tried disabling it several different ways and can't seem to find out how to do it without breaking the rest of the script. This would be a very nice feature in the future ;) I don't want to have a firebase look empty until friendlies open a door and find a whole squad just chillin out inside a building.

Thanks

To stop them spawning inside buildings open eos_launch.sqf and find the bottom squad that's Spawned. Then remove the line which is calling shk_buildpos. Or something

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

@BangaBob - Thank you so much for this script. It's exactly what I have been looking for in regard to how it spawns and de-spawns based on a unit in the radius of the marker.

One question please.. Is there any way that your script could be used to spawn in civilians? I would like to use your same process for only spawning civilians in a marker area when a player is within the marker radius. I have tried to use a custom zone and change the object name in the motorpool line to "C_man_1", for example. It works as far as it will spawn a civilian when I enter into that zone, but the civilian only stays present for about 3 seconds then de-spawns.

What do you think? Is there any way to add civilians into your dynamic spawn - de-spawn ?

Thank you very much again for you work. It's really exceptional!

it's a little more complicated than that. To spawn civilians you must have the triggers detect them _enemySide I think. I would do it myself but I have not seen any group names For civilians anywhere(not unit names).

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:08 ----------

Alright, if I attach the marker to the player somehow will the EOS Script work fine?

I want to have them go to a vehicle, and hopefully the ai will shoot at it. LOL.

Short answer. No. Long answer no you need a completely different system which runs the marker position inside a loop and continues to give updated way points to all the Spawned groups

Love this script. There's just the problem that it seems vehicles sometimes spawn inside buildings or stuff like that. Then they explode.

Why don't you use bis_fnc_findSafepos for Vehicle spawns?

I may use this for the next version

Oh is this something I can possibly add myself?

You can certainly try

Yeah, just use it instead of the relPos.

Might need to play around with the values for min/max distance a bit

You can certainly try

I'm very willing to try. Just need to know what files to edit, but it looks like I can figure that out myself. Want me to report back if I have any luck?

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

So I tried. Don't know how functions work, but I just replaced BIS_fnc_relPos with BIS_fnc_findSafePos in line 96 and 106.

Got some errors, caught these two.

2mfemtf.png

e5lk6r.png

Don't know what to make of this. If I had to make a guess, it looks to be something with the function itself.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

A quick google, it expects a boolean, but isflatempty returns an array. Zero divisor? Never heard of it.

Small update.

1.6 changelog

-Added INDEPENDENT groups into script

-Vehicles now spawn safely

-Custom pre-sets support randomisation

To stop them spawning inside buildings open eos_launch.sqf and find the bottom squad that's Spawned. Then remove the line which is calling shk_buildpos. Or something

Not sure exactly what I'm looking for here, I'm not very good when it comes to scripting. Can you further assist me with this?

Thanks

Edited by Brickle

Figured it out,

To anyone wanting to know how to spawn units outside of buildings, (they will patrol around), open up eos_launch.sqf, find this:

if (_debugHint) then {hint "Spawning house patrol";};

_spwnposNew = [_currentPOS, random _eosMarkerSizeB, random 359] call BIS_fnc_relPos;

_sideEOSInf = [_spwnposNew, _enemyFactionVehicle, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> _enemyFaction >> _enemyTeam >> _typeGroup >> _currentEOStype),[],[],[0.25,0.4],[],[_eosGroupSize,0]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

0=[_currentPOS,units _sideEOSInf,_eosMarkerSizeB,0,[0,4],true];

//call callHouseScript;

As you can see, I have commented out the callHouseScript command and the script is no longer spawning AI in buildings, no errors whatsoever.

Thanks for the great script Banga!