bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

EOS has been rewritten for Beta. A number of changes listed in thread topic. Enjoy!

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how

things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great script but this really needs a read me file/documentation included, not everyone will understand how to use it effectively.

needs a read me file/documentation included, not everyone will understand how to use it effectively.

Good idea. I will work on finishing touches like that soon when im satisfied the script works fully

I tweaked it for Beta awhile back to keep my missions running, but I'll be interested in seeing what you did. Also, did you fix the zerg-mode that the Opfor would get into where they spawned/called endless reinforcements?

Lol. I wasn't aware of any problems with reinforcements. Let me know if you still get that problem

Having the same issue that Dirty Haz had earlier with the marker not changing to green after killing all the enemies in the area.. No reinforcements, spawn squad in a tight bunch, grenade + cleanup the scraps..marker is still red.

Have also had units randomly disappear, only to have a whole new squad spawn up randomly a few seconds later

Running latest Dev Beta build.

Edited by thestuntman

Having the same issue that Dirty Haz had earlier with the marker not changing to green after killing all the enemies in the area.. No reinforcements, spawn squad in a tight bunch, grenade + cleanup the scraps..marker is still red.

Have also had units randomly disappear, only to have a whole new squad spawn up randomly a few seconds later

Care to explain a bit more.

1.I hope your not referring to the example mission because that is set at 50m spawn and 65m de-spawn to demonstrate the script!

2.Are you running on a dedicated server?

3.Squads are set to 40m randomisation spawn. Can be easily changed using _Randomisation

4.Have you tried turning debug on to find out which part is going wrong? (That would really help me find what is going on). Change _debugHint = false to _debugHint = true

5.There are reinforcements? Have you enabled them?

1. Using the script in my own sample mission. The only thing i can think of here is that my spawn radius is less than the size of the marker. I did this just as a quick test to check if the markers were changing colour. I didn't want to chase down units over a large area. Maybe this is the issue. I didn't realise that the script was set with a +15m despawn by default as it doesn't appear in the script comments anywhere I saw.

i.e. changing

_spotFriendlyLeaving setTriggerArea [_SafeZone+15,_SafeZone+15,0,true]; 

2. Just running from editor at this stage

3. I have changed that a few times during testing

4. Not yet, it was working fine when was using the previous version of the script although i DID change the spawn radius

5. I was not using reinforcements for testing, i just wanted to test the marker colour changing

I'll have a play with it tomorrow again as it's getting late here in Oz :\

Also, does

_spotEnemies setTriggerArea [50,50,0,true]; 

have to be changed to have the same value assigned to _SafeZone from the script call?

eg.

null = ["mkr6",false,false,false,false,100,0,1] execVM "EOSBeta.sqf";

_spotFriendlyLeaving setTriggerArea [_SafeZone+150,_SafeZone+150,0,true];
_spotEnemies setTriggerArea [100,100,0,true]; 

to get a spawn area of 100 with a despawn radius of 250, or is setting the value after _SafeZone enough (in this case 150)?

Hi, I just gave your script a test and I really like it.

However I post here to ask a question about the marker on map. Is there any way I can place a marker without it spawning units while however changing colures to green when Friendlies enter the area.

I have seen this done in several multiplayer games so my question should rather be "how do I do it?".

Thanks in advance!

Also, does
_spotEnemies setTriggerArea [50,50,0,true]; 

have to be changed to have the same value assigned to _SafeZone from the script call?

eg.

null = ["mkr6",false,false,false,false,100,0,1] execVM "EOSBeta.sqf";

_spotEnemies setTriggerArea [100,100,0,true]; 

to get a spawn area of 100 with a despawn radius of 250, or is setting the value after _SafeZone enough (in this case 150)?

_spotEnemies trigger should be as large as your marker. That one spots when all enemies have being killed and sets the marker as green.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

Hi, I just gave your script a test and I really like it.

However I post here to ask a question about the marker on map. Is there any way I can place a marker without it spawning units while however changing colures to green when Friendlies enter the area.

I have seen this done in several multiplayer games so my question should rather be "how do I do it?".

Thanks in advance!

Yeah its possible but doesnt really work in my script.

EOS will turn green when all enemies are dead. Therefore without spawning any units the marker will always be green.

Its simply to make a script which will just detect friendlies and change the marker colour though

Cool thanks BangaBob! So I guess the optimal setup would be to have the 6th argument in the script call (_SafeZone) something smaller than the radius of the marker, _spotEnemies trigger at least the same size as the marker, or possibly even bigger to make sure it picks up any enemy units who might wander outside the area covered by the marker, and the value in

set to something large enough to avoid any sudden popup of enemies. One other thing i wondered about this value is if it is too small, there is a chance that enemies who may follow you too far will suddenly despawn. Is this correct?

there is a chance that enemies who may follow you too far will suddenly despawn. Is this correct?

Well default for spawning enemies is 350m. That is plenty since most the zones spawn enemies inside houses.

This means that enemies following you will de-spawn 500m away from the marker. Should be plenty.

I would recommend thinking about server performance when increasing spawn distances

_spotEnemies trigger should be as large as your marker. That one spots when all enemies have being killed and sets the marker as green.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

Yeah its possible but doesnt really work in my script.

EOS will turn green when all enemies are dead. Therefore without spawning any units the marker will always be green.

Its simply to make a script which will just detect friendlies and change the marker colour though

Thanks for the quick answer. Now I have another question. How exactly can I make the units spawn like before I actually get so close as to seeing them spawn. I noticed making the markers so they are placed over one another would just make the units in at least one of the markers to not spawn. Is there any solution to this if I want to squeeze in a few more enemy units without having to use small markers so units spawn right in front of me instead?

Hope my question wasn't to messy.

Thanks again!

BangaBob

You wrote the ArmA 3 EOS script and you also created a mission named Occupation_V_5.3.Stratis.

A question for you sir.

I am wondering if in your mission Occupation you used the same EOS script or if you install an

update version of that script (EOS)??

If you used an update of your script EOS can we know the datails and can the script itself be

replace by an update one please?

I tried your mission Occupation_V_5.3.Stratis ............."AWESOME WORK"!!

(the enemy seems to be sharper then the original EOS script)

People you have to be on your toes for that one

regards

BangaBob

You wrote the ArmA 3 EOS script and you also created a mission named Occupation_V_5.3.Stratis.

A question for you sir.

I am wondering if in your mission Occupation you used the same EOS script or if you install an

update version of that script (EOS)??

If you used an update of your script EOS can we know the datails and can the script itself be

replace by an update one please?

I tried your mission Occupation_V_5.3.Stratis ............."AWESOME WORK"!!

(the enemy seems to be sharper then the original EOS script)

People you have to be on your toes for that one

regards

Actually occupation uses the older version of eos. im yet to fully convert over to the new eos because i want to optimize the script more before i do so. so expect another eos update in the near future

I have rewrote this script.

V1.1 is available to download on main page.

Much more efficient fast. Try it out!

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
mirror updated with latest version

God damn it! :D

You change some variables in everytime you do an update, do you?

Anyway, been using and modifying your script quite much lately and i'm loving it! keep up the good work!

v1.2 released

Changelog v1.2

-Removed triggers in favor of distance checks

-Streamlined reinforcement calling

-Changes have increased reliability and efficiency

v1.2 released

Changelog v1.2

-Removed triggers in favor of distance checks

-Streamlined reinforcement calling

-Changes have increased reliability and efficiency

Were is it ?? :(

Were is it ?? :(