bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

a script for intel and cache's combined with this would be perfect for an insurgency mission. im not asking him to make a mission. I'm asking for a script. read.

Well if you want to be like that, yeah, it says BASED on insurgency, it doesn't say it IS insurgency. Read.

and a script for intel and caches combined with this would just be a mission basically, it would just be another version of insurgency, that's all insurgency is, capturing squares, intel markers and caches. So in effect by asking him to do that you are just asking him to make insurgency.

Edited by clydefrog

Awesome thanks a lot :)

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

thnx for the new version, downloaded it allready. :)

I very much like this script, but to make it a bit more interesting and insurgency-like there should also be a script that lets some killed enemies drop intel that leads to markers around random cache positions on the map, so players have an objective besides clearing grids. could you make something like that? :)

T

I dare say that is far beyond me :D . And i dont believe there are any items in ARMA III which are suitable for intel yet. Such as suitcases.

Out of curiosity,

What happens if you kill say 2 members of a squad then leave and come back, will the squad be fully reinforced, or will it reflect the 2 dead members?

Out of curiosity,

What happens if you kill say 2 members of a squad then leave and come back, will the squad be fully reinforced, or will it reflect the 2 dead members?

The script will respawn the whole squad.

if it would keep track of the killed AI after respawning/retriggering them, this would be EXACTLY what im looking for!

anyway: very nice job!!

Is this possible with EOS? I have player controlled helicopters in my mission that tend to spawn every marker around. I was wondering if I created the markers via script in my triggers on Act box would the EOS script still work even though the marker was created by a trigger?

edit: Since if I understand it correctly the script on mission initialization gets all the information from the markers (position, name) to create the triggers used to spawn the units so if the marker doesn't exist yet then it never will according to the script getting the information in the beginning?

Edited by JMOxx75

Its possible. Just run the EOS script when you create the marker. Maybe in the same trigger you use to create the marker

Is it possible to add OPFOR mortar teams as an option, like how you have 1 squad + 1 vehicle could there be an option that says 1 squad + 1 mortar team? Just asking cause I don't like the idea of having "fake" arty that the players can't attack.

Large update v0.8

NEW FEATURES

- Selects spawn position within marker (No longer in the center)

- REINFORCEMENTS module added (Finds safe spawn for enemy reinforcements and automatically moves group into the marker.) For extra realism and added difficulty

- Now supports spawning WEST units when playing as EAST

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

could there be an option that says 1 squad + 1 mortar team?

Yes, good idea. I will look into it

How would I go about detecting if all zones are green and then complete the task/obj?

Dirty Haz

How would I go about detecting if all zones are green and then complete the task/obj?

Dirty Haz

You would need to edit the script to create a variable which detects when the marker has turned green and somehow compile them all and detect when every marker has been turned.

I looked into it briefly but frankly i found it more hastle than its worth

How would I use this in a mission then? I mean if I wanted to make a mission where once all enemy is dead, the mission ends...

Dirty Haz

How would I use this in a mission then? I mean if I wanted to make a mission where once all enemy is dead, the mission ends...

Dirty Haz

You could use a count variable thing where it's like sectorclear = sectorclear + 1 every time a square goes green. Then count how many squares there are, say there are 20, and have a final condition that checks for sectorclear == 20. Don't ask me how I'd actually do that though in the case of this script.

Dirty Haz

Use something like this

_areas = ["mrk1","mrk2","mrk3"]; //list of markers using EOS

if({ getMarkerColor _x == "ColorGreen"; } count _areas == count _areas) then {
	//all markers captured
} else {
	//all markers not captured
};

In a trigger (will need to make areas global if in a trigger) or somewhere in your mission script.

Use something like this

//all markers captured
} else {
};

In a trigger (will need to make areas global if in a trigger) or somewhere in your mission script.

Does getMarkerColor actually exist? I had a look for something like that but couldn't find anything.

How do I make more groups of enemy spawn?

Dirty Haz

damn I love this script. any chance of seeing it in Arma 2?

If you only have a handful of markers I just use: getMarkerColor "mkr6" == "ColorGreen"; for each marker. I have 7 markers in my largest mission but i usually only require one or two to be taken. Sometimes I use invisible markers for spawn locations but not for taking.

damn I love this script. any chance of seeing it in Arma 2?

Yeah should be as simple as swapping the ai group pools with Arma 2 units and _grpType = "OPF_F"; changed to "BAF";

I wont be doing it myself because im finished with Arma 2 editing. But feel free to adapt the script for ARMA 2

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

How do I make more groups of enemy spawn?

Dirty Haz

Place more markers. You can make some markers invisible and it will still work in exactly the same way

Use something like this

//all markers captured
} else {
};

Cheers for this mate, I got it working with help and code customization by/from SPUn!

@BangaBob - Is that the only way to do it or?

Dirty Haz