Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British Infantry

As always, excellent work Stalker.

EDIT: Oh and adding the blanking patch for the pocket, by the way, do squad.xml's work the same in A3? Not had a look to be honest. Will probably use the whole blanking plate for people to use for their clans (unless people have a better idea)

This is a very good idea, and one I'm surprised no-ones thought of prior!

Hidden selections are also mega though, gets me all moist-eyed thinking about the old PUKF's Infantry, even if they didn't include RN beret badges!

British troops are encoraged not to wear things on there armor due to clear plate policys espeicaly in afghanistan.

How ever they are issued a cumberbund for mounted operations.

Dismounted troops now are being trained to use there webbing as they were before but with the General Issue Osperay (The new armor). Espeicaly seen as british forces no longer train for afghanistan there training for general warfare ie against Syrian army regulars.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1015090_10151414572705566_271901575_o.jpg

Every single one of those infantrymen has webbing on. Its throwned apon to have a 1000+ things on your armor and it looks unproffesional.

And as standard to reduce time on Battle Prep the guys are issued with either head scrim for there helmets like the isralies or french (with a british twist, reminiscent of 1980s troops).

And also nasty things can live in the grass that your useing to do your personal cam. :)

The only time you don't cam your helmet is operating in a built up area. (But who cares ;) )

Edited by Cross888
The BILL AND BEN!

Just wondering whether you will have different options of how to wear the PCS, I mean almost every regiment has its own dress regulations for it some have it tucked some don't ( :( ), and a lot of soldier you see still wearing the CS95 MTP issued clothing, especially the shirt, but that tends to appear to be more when they are not in the field itself or on patrol.

and just wondering whether we could see a smock and not just the PCS jacket.

No matter what we get as long as its British I don't really bloody mind too much. :)

really good work by the way, wish I knew how to mod and whatnot.

Edited by Babur

Nice job mate they are looking good. I see you finally got an MTP texture your happy with I was contemplating a Brit reskin once beta hit (not happy with the reskins I've seen so far) but now after seeing these I don't really see the point hehe. Are you gonna bother with DPM or desert DPM? (I know we don't use DPM any more but still it's a classic) and as someone mentioned earlier variants with knee pads and gloves would be cool. Keep up the good work mate looking forward to them.

I'm completely in love with the helmet webbing. When can we expect these guys to be released?

I'm completely in love with the helmet webbing. When can we expect these guys to be released?

The answer is usually "when they are done".:p

maybe after the units are done vehicles next? :P

being from England myself im very impressed. as my brother is in the army himself.

good job mate

When can we expect these guys to be released?

As was mentioned, whenever they are ready. Don't get much time to work on these so I can't really put a timetable on it. I will say though, there is still a lot to do.

maybe after the units are done vehicles next? :P

Not really my realm, have modelled some vehicles/objects before but don't really have the time/expertise to do it.

2013-07-13_00004.jpg

Larger

2013-07-13_00019.jpg

Larger

2013-07-13_00011.jpg

Larger

Most of the rucksack assets I'm using are courtesy of da12thmonkey and tupolov. :)

Looking sexy (...ladies!), mate. Good stuff!

Very nice. Now if only we could change those godawful combat walk anims...

Mate this look great!

Kind of reminds of the detail of the PR Battlefield 2 BAF Models, and the BAF Models they were working on for the ArmA 2 version (Which got scrapped :'( )

None the less nice bloody work!

Stalker, you did a great job. Looks real good.

Nice stuff Stalker, looks great! The texture looks spot on too.

Looking great stalker, nice to see some British Infantry :)

Brilliant stuff mate, can see these being used as much as your previous work, they look great. Thanks for the effort!

Good stuff StalkerGB, if you need any photos that closely detail british kit issued for fghanistan now just drop me a PM I've a lot of personal photos.

But honestly, outstanding work!

Edited by Inimical_rize

Looks absolutely stunning! Upon the release of this mod, we'll definitely be using this!

Good work :D

yay, il download:)

edit: could u make regiments, like under groups ya got welsh, english, scotish, irish regements?

Edited by killeraled
i wanted to add MORE!!!!

Is this going to be part of the UKAF pack by RKSL? Or is that arma 2 only...

I believe this addon by STALKERGB is separate to RKSL as was with his Arma2 release.

I believe this addon by STALKERGB is separate to RKSL as was with his Arma2 release.

Ah right, thanks for the reply!