Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British Infantry

Hello!

So, it's been a while since I did anything. I have now done something. Sort of.

Firstly, everything I have done so far is subject (and almost certainly will) change. Especially the MTP texture, can't seem to get the damn thing looking good. The "base" model is slowly being pushed about until I can get stock BIS vests fitting to at least a decent standard too.

STKR_Brit-1.jpg

Larger

So far I've gotten the PCS uniform base model, Mk7 helmet, (Mk4?) Osprey Armour, MOLLE/PALS belt and Pelvic Protection working nicely in game.

The Mk7 helmet has been updated to new regulations, ie no tape round the rim, the new strap layout on the helmet and scrim on some of them. Obviously added as an independent item in game too like the BIS stuff.

Completey re-modelled the Osprey Armour, needs to have pouches and what not strapped on but the armour itself is coming on.

Added one of the backpacks used in my 3 RIFLE mod for ARMA:OA (originally from Johnny's samples). Seems to be working fine in. Although I can't pick it up if I spawn it in on it's own for some reason...

The PCS is working in game as a uniform item, a few little weighting issues I need to sort but other than that the model is pretty much there.

Like I say, still got lots of changes to make. Mainly MTP texture related! on't have a whole lot of spare time these days so don't expect them to be released next week. Will have to take my time with them. With that in mind though, is there anything you guys specifically want added or would like to see in the mod? I don't really have a formal "to do" list so any suggestions are very welcome :)

Oh and in case anyone didn't know, SA80's by Kiory :)

Might post another screen or two if my computer feels up to using screenshot worthy in game settings lol.

Edited by STALKERGB

Nice STALKERGB :D really looking forward to see some all new models instead of only reskins all the time.

Looks good so far though ;)

Nice STALKERGB :D really looking forward to see some all new models instead of only reskins all the time.

Couldn't have said it better. :)

great stuff matey, glad to see you still cracking on with these :)

Cheers guys, glad I've finally had time to make some progress on them. Still, a long way to the finish line yet though!

@Messiah, "cracking" might be a little optimistic, more like "limping along" with these :P Still, having them in game is something to show for what time I have been able to devote to it.

Probably planning to add sidearm holsters, pouches and any other thing I can model for the vest/belt area soon...

EDIT: Oh and adding the blanking patch for the pocket, by the way, do squad.xml's work the same in A3? Not had a look to be honest. Will probably use the whole blanking plate for people to use for their clans (unless people have a better idea)

Looking rather good so far! Can't wait to see more about it!

Nice stuff Stalkergb.

One request, is it possible to replace the default Arma 3 NVG by the one used by British soldier (if model available off course)?

+1 :D

planning on adding the helmet scrim dreadlocks? ;)

If that's what you're into I won't say anything... :p But in seriousness... well sort of... the scrim will be coming in a few variants if I have the time.

One request, is it possible to replace the default Arma 3 NVG by the one used by British soldier (if model available off course)?

I do plan on adding proper NVGs when I get the chance, currently the BIS one's don't fit my NVG helmet clap (too high up the helmet) so it's something I need to look at.

Looking fantastic, its nice to see more British Kit :)

I cannot wait to see your latest work bud, I'm sure it will surpass all

I cannot wait to see your latest work bud, I'm sure it will surpass all

Agreed, STALKER would you consider "bribes" for adding a custom arm RG patch to a version of these skins? Or even allowing us editing permission once complete???

Really looking forward to these :yay:

Thanx bud.

Agreed, STALKER would you consider "bribes" for adding a custom arm RG patch to a version of these skins? Or even allowing us editing permission once complete???

Really looking forward to these :yay:

Thanx bud.

Hiddenselections ;)

looking epic hasn't been the same with out these units to use in a3 keep up the good work

Did someone mention capbadges?

now you've gone and gotten me all excited

Just a quick update, added a few pouches to the models. As always, most is still very subject to change, especially the MTP texture so don't read too much into the look of it lol! Planning on sorting out the NVG setup in the near future.

2013-04-17_00015.jpg

Larger

2013-04-17_00027.jpg

Larger

2013-04-17_00028.jpg

Larger

Looking sweet dude. Glad to see you back at it.

These are nice! Great work!