Sign in to follow this  
HunterUK

Map model of Juland, Denmark

Can someone help in a design I want to do of a map model of Jutland, its the main Island of Denmark. What is it I need and how to do this for Arma 2 and Arma3 ?please advice :).

Can someone help in a design I want to do of a map model of Jutland, its the main Island of Denmark. What is it I need and how to do this for Arma 2 and Arma3 ?please advice :).

Dude it isn't the main island as Messiah says it's a peninsula.... For the record Sealand is the main Island of Denmark!

Edited by astast

My Apologies guys :o. I spent a few months in around Jutland when I was in the British Army in the 80's, a time I enjoyed very much.

My Apologies guys :o. I spent a few months in around Jutland when I was in the British Army in the 80's, a time I enjoyed very much.

No problem :) it happens a lot happy you enjoyed it. Were you a part of operation nighthawk? or was that later? Must have been in the summer since it always rains and i can't enjoy it :P

yep and the one in winter Viking :) were'nt far from Randers in the winter one, I loved the Danish Rations Etc :)

I was thinking the landscape , terrain etc would be great to use in Arma 2 and Arma 3, and use one off the small Islands as an enemy base so we can attack them by what ever means. Not a Fan of this Arma 3 Island to be honest. I have Idea's but cannot mod :((

Edited by HunterUK
ADDED MORE WORDS.

I would stay away from arma 3 Map making for the moment since we don't have the proper tools just yet, and since this would be your first map.

Check this link out it should have most things you need to get you started.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152993-Need-help!-What-programms-do-i-need-to-make-an-map-on-arma-2-CO

heres another link which is was extremely helpful for me when I started

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?94222-Resourcelink-collection-How-to-make-a-map-beginning-from-the-idea-in-your-head

Edited by M1lkm8n

Well, I wouldnt say stay away...general tools like Global Mapper also have to be understood in parts...plus you can spend quite some time obtaining and converting proper RL data.

As for Jutland, I guess its too big to be mapped in your lifetime. :)

Consider detailed 400 square km with 2-3 million objects as a maximum the average CPU can handle and a single person can create in half a year with some hours a day, meaning you have to shrink the region by the factor 75 or so...

To make it easier, I would choose one of the smaller islands or island groups around DK for starters...

I'd suggest Fyn, but it's a flat and horrendously dull place.

Well, I wouldnt say stay away...

Sorry I didn't mean completely :)

I was thinking it may be a bit easier to learn all that stuff while modding arma 2 since all the tools are available there.

Yer Thanks ZeroG, I may look at the schleswig - Holstien area which is in the North of Germany not far from Kiel Canal as well which also is an Idea Place to use, good terrain etc there. Very similar to Chernarus but without to mountains , ideal for Amphibious Assaults, Air Assaults etc:). If anyone is Interested in helping me with this one please Pm me. Thanks for all your feedback.

Here is the info :- Area

• Total 15,763.18 km2 (6,086.20 sq mi)

and here is the link:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schleswig-Holstein

Edited by HunterUK
added more info

Still quite big....I suggest you take an area located near the North Frisian Islands plus a part from the SH-coast:

dt-7136609219610.png

Edited by ZeroG