Sign in to follow this  
-ELITE-Vampyre

CTF and C&H Leagues

Hey all,

I have a read a few threads and seen some old names from OFP. I have still never found a game as good as OFP, and nostalgia has brought me back to these forums.

I have a few questions, and ideally I'd like them answered by people that have played CTF/C&H competitively in OFP. Although I'm sure the co-op brigade will pipe up lol (I secretly enjoy co-ops).

1) How are the movements in ARMA 3. Are they ok for competetive CTF?

2) Who is still about from the OFP CTF days? (Players and clans)

3)What is the damage like in ARMA 3? (How manys shots to kill/what happens when injured)

4) Were there any CTF/C&H leagues running in ARMA2? Are there any planned for ARMA3?

5) What is the multiplayer platform like in ARMA3? Easy enough to join games? Anything like OFP?

Cheers for any replies.

Vamp.

1) How are the movements in ARMA 3. Are they ok for competetive CTF?

Yes, movements are really smooth way better than the other games

2) Who is still about from the OFP CTF days? (Players and clans)

We are and I seen some of the other teams as well

3)What is the damage like in ARMA 3? (How manys shots to kill/what happens when injured)

1 shot if your good most I had shot someone was 3 times

4) Were there any CTF/C&H leagues running in ARMA2? Are there any planned for ARMA3?

kju has started the PVPscene here http://www.pvpscene.org/forum/index.php so most info will be there

5) What is the multiplayer platform like in ARMA3? Easy enough to join games? Anything like OFP?

about the same they could do some more work here to make it easier

Glad to see the old teams coming out the wood works!

Hey BigRed, nice to see a familiar name :), I should have known that DK would still be going! You guys still participating in leagues?

Unfortunately I have no plans to reform ELITE at the moment. I'm still in contact with the guys, and a lot of {SOD} too, but for the moment I'd be playing as a free agent.

From the answers you've given I think it's worth the £20 to at least give it a chance (I wasn't impressed by the original ArmA).

kju - Thanks for the reply. The videos were really helpful, just the sort of thing I was looking for.