Admin camera?

Admin camera to track players?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Admin camera to track players?

• Yes, it can be a good tool
    • No, i think it would be useless
    • Don't care

Hi all,

I write here because it would be a 'admin' discussion... if it was better an other section don't hesitate to switch the thread on the right one :)

For you admins (but players too), how it would be to have a 'camera option' to track 1 player?

What I mean?

Well, already Stratis is an huge map compared on the others games, and unfortunately we have always:

- players that make disturbs

- players that are "to much fanatic" and forget that's a game

Situations:

- we have players that make intentional TK / players that if TK insults, ask kick/ban,...

Well, as new at Arma I've already see that it's not always easy understand who is in front... in my first game the first 2 shoots was TK and I really hate make TK, so I'm sure that my TK wasn't intentional.

But, how can a good admin know if 1 player is just new on game or he make intentional TK?

Well, if we see 3/4/... TK, perhaps in a rapid sequencing, it can be intentional but...

how do you see an admin option that give you (admins) the possibility to 'track' a 'suspicious' player to be able to take a correct decision?

Edited by CH_SwissWolf
Inserted a pool to have a 'first look' impression

This type of functionality would be best suited to a common addon. One run on both the server and the client, with the server using a userconfig file to list the allowed Server Admin ID's

For security, if one were to make this addon, then it would be better to have no bisign or key released with it it and instead have the server admin sign with his own key and pass the bisign onto his own admins

Alternatively, because there are a few "Public Mass play missions" that attract this style of play, add the code to the mission

There are helmet cam scripts out there and adding a GUI with some additional script calls would be a worthy project for somebody who runs those styles of missions on their server

Its build into the "co40 Domination! Bluefor [2.96] lite Alpha" mission.

I would NEVER be an admin on a public server without the admin spectate option.

Good info Dorph, I'll looking for the mod and see if we can implement.

Skydive, I've just read the info on the armaholic page and it seems interesting... I've just to see if it's possible to set just for admins.

A camera is needed but also is a function to play back the last couple of minutes!

I think add a possibility to write demo on the server like at CS/Quake/BF is a best way. May be someone adds this request at the bug tracker...

I vote yes!

This tool is need asap for our HQ Element.

A camera is needed but also is a function to play back the last couple of minutes!

That would require the engine to be compatible with replays. Highly doubt it's ever going to happen. Though replay capability would have been awesome for many reasons.

A good spectator camera that allows proper customization is definitely very useful for many reasons. I'm just not sure if it should be a priority for BI... I'd rather see BI focus on stuff the community can't do, even though sometimes it really feels like some things are best to be made by them and made available for everyone without the need to search+download+test+work around bugs/issues.