Sign in to follow this  
g00d69

Barret M107/M82 "Blackened"

Sorry for disturbing you with my own problems. I discovered that my "no sound" problem was because of another addons collision. And about weapons change: i mean that when some one is equipping Barret i don't still see that he is wielding the old weapon. Maybe its also another addon collision. I will try to spot that addons making collision and post it in the right topic. Thanks for having a look on my problem mate.

Sorry for disturbing you with my own problems. I discovered that my "no sound" problem was because of another addons collision. And about weapons change: i mean that when some one is equipping Barret i don't still see that he is wielding the old weapon. Maybe its also another addon collision. I will try to spot that addons making collision and post it in the right topic. Thanks for having a look on my problem mate.

You don't disturb me, its good that you tell me problems with my addon. when you will know what other addon make collision with my addon, please tell me,maybe i will have to fix something...:)

Hello

I have made a New Update V1.3 .Please, see first frontpage post for Changelog , credits and download link.:)

i would recommend changing "percing" to "piercing".

anyway, testing the new rounds :)

This is a great mod. Excellent work!

The only thing that bugged me a bit in testing was that there was no muzzle flash at night using the standard M107 muzzle break.

I would expect that there would be some muzzle flash of some fashion, but I have not fired this weapon IRL so I do not know.

Something that was mentioned by Davison previously is that the recoil seems a bit off to me. Standing and firing the rifle doesn't seem to result in that much recoil.

Also, as mentioned in the reload anim the mag stays.

Are there plans for tracer rounds, or any other types of ammo in the future? I love the AP and how nice they punch through unsuspecting Ifrits.

Keep up the great work!

tip of friendly advice from a real marksman, make dagger sight scopes aswell, mildots shouldve been there in the first place so keep them but add daggers. if you could make an AS-50, L115, M82 that would be great ;) or even simpler R700/M24

Hello

I have made a New Update V1.3 .Please, see first frontpage post for Changelog , credits and download link.:)

Great work ! Has turned out to be one of our squads favorite add-ons. We are watching the progress of this weapon and any others that you take on, looking forward to them. Thanks

This mod is so incredibly awesome! I like these high quality one weapon mods.

tip of friendly advice from a real marksman, make dagger sight scopes aswell, mildots shouldve been there in the first place so keep them but add daggers. if you could make an AS-50, L115, M82 that would be great ;) or even simpler R700/M24

I totally agree with everything you said!! Especially if he made a M40A1like the United States Marine Core(USMC) use.. I would jizz in my pants real fast!!!!

Edit: Found a Error with your Scope, Each Mildot is suppose to represent 100m/yards, on your scope it is Zeroed in at 300m I had a target at 446m so that's 1 Mildot and a half above the target, however it kept missing and I could see my Splash hit 1.5feet from the target and adjusted for it but to no good and then Adjusted 3mildots high which represents 600m with the zeroing set to 300m and the target being 446m and it was a hit...this is very wrong and I am sure it is ur scope! I added a diff scope to ur mod and was working fine with them Mildots with zeroing set to 300m also, you should look into this, I have tried multiple times and found it is the scope.

P.S other than the faulty scope I think it's a very good update and the percing bullets are AWESOME I am hitting targets proned behind concrete barriers in my mission, it is like real life!! Your work is greatly appreciated by the Arma Community g00d69, Thank you!

Edited by Tomsz

awesome mod!

But.....The silencer doesn't work for me.

the LJ sound is gr8, but seems astho its a bit overbearing compared to the other rifles, I know its a large caliber but its actually distorting. Just sharing my thoughts fwiw,

keep up the excellent work!

hello

i am still working on addon and read your comments about things to fix and so there will be new update soon with for example hiding of magazines during reload, fixes about scope mildots , fixes about recoil (increasing), fixes on weapon sound, adding muzzles flash to weapon and muzzles accessories but about this last one,i have actually a little issue that i have posted here and that i can't resolve since 2 days:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153527-new-muzzle-flash-problem

hello

i am still working on addon and read your comments about things to fix and so there will be new update soon with for example hiding of magazines during reload, fixes about scope mildots , fixes about recoil (increasing), fixes on weapon sound, adding muzzles flash to weapon and muzzles accessories but about this last one,i have actually a little issue that i have posted here and that i can't resolve since 2 days:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153527-new-muzzle-flash-problem

Sounds great, can't wait for the new update, is there any chance you could make it when laying down with the bipod it helps with steadying the scope? that would be awesome

Edit: Found a Error with your Scope, Each Mildot is suppose to represent 100m/yards, on your scope it is Zeroed in at 300m I had a target at 446m so that's 1 Mildot and a half above the target

This isn't how a mildot reticle is supposed to work at all. The main function of a mildot reticle is to aid in estimating range to a target so that the shooter can adjust the zero of the scope from information on a ballistics table. The separation of each dot on the sight picture is supposed to represent a visual angle of 1 miliradian or mil (hence the name mildot) from the centre of the crosshairs. This means an object 1 meter in height will appear 1 mil tall against the reticle scale at a distance of 1000m.

To calculate the distance to the target you estimate its size (soldiers in Arma are typically about 1.8m tall) then divide that by the size of the target in mils as it appears within the sight picture you have, then multiply that quotient by 1000 - If you estimate the size of the target in meters the distance to target you calculate will be in meters, if you do it in yards the result will be in yards and so on. Once you know the distance to the target you adjust the elevation drum of the scope or apply the appropriate amount of holdover for the particular ballistic characteristics of your weapon.

In real life, most mildot type optics have a reticle in the first focal plane which means the crosshair will appear to scale with zoom values so that the 1 dot = 1 mil ratio remains constant for all levels of zoom, but so far it seems Arma 3 is only capable of second focal plane optics where the reticle remains a fixed size for all zoom values. This means the mildots only work for range estimation at one particular zoom value, and that any distances that the dots might come to represent for holdover shooting only really relate to one zoom value as well.

Whether the dots correspond to the holdover needed to shoot at a particular distance when the scope zeroes to a particular distance depends entirely on the ballistics of the weapon system. For example if you look at the ballistic information for the M82A1 on the Barret website the ballistic drop between 300m and 400m is equal to 2.6 MOA (Minutes Of Angle) which is roughly equal to 0.77 mils, out to 500m difference in the drop is 5.6 MOA or 1.66 mils, and out to 600m it is 8.9 MOA or 2.64 mils. So as you can see an additional distance of 100m does not equal a 1 mil drop, however you are right to observe that a drop of 3 mils between 300 and 400 meters according to the scope, is larger than it should be.

There are a number of reasons why this could be the case for this addon - Either you're not using the correct zoom level where the scope actually measures mils properly (due to the second focal plane limitation), or assuming the mil-scale isn't accurate for any of the zoom levels, g00d needs to adjust the reticle dimensions so that it accurately measures mils for whatever zoom value he wants it to work at, or he needs to adjust the ballistics of the ammunition that the weapon uses so that it drops slightly less.

Sounds great, can't wait for the new update, is there any chance you could make it when laying down with the bipod it helps with steadying the scope? that would be awesome

Hi , sorry but i don't understand very well what you mean ...:)

So i have make a new Update V1.4 trying to resolve some issues reported ,specialy scope problems and lot of other things that i have changed or added with reading the comments ...Please, see first frontpage post for Changelog , credits and download link.....and let me know about changes:)

Edited by g00d69

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I have noticed that with the 1.3 version I was having to aim just to the right of target to ensure proper impact on targets. When lookin through scope from center of scope to first mildot to the left, break that down into eighths and I am about 1/8th to the right of my target to ensure headshot. As for the added recoil in the new version not right from what I've read. The barrel and stock absorb the recoil of the shot on RL counterpart. I've shot them quite a few times and thought the recoil needed toned down a hair from V1.3 not up

Hi , sorry but i don't understand very well what you mean ...:)

So i have make a new Update V1.4 trying to resolve some issues reported ,specialy scope problems and lot of other things that i have changed or added with reading the comments ...Please, see first frontpage post for Changelog , credits and download link.....and let me know about changes:)

Hey I just mean when you aim down the scope and place it over a target it should become a lot more steady if you are laying down kind of as if the bipod is helping to make the scope more stable when laying down, do I make sense?

Nice mod, I like the nice quality of the model. It'd be cool if you add the Raufoss Mk 211 round, it's basically an armor piercing round that is incendiary/explodes on impact, it would be useful for heavily damaging vehicles.

This is a really good mod. I like the Sound (Jarhead ftw :D) and the Model is pretty nice. ^^

But i have some suggestions which could be changed.

-There is a small texture bug when you use no Muzzle. (look at the barrel end in 3rd Person)

-I don't like the FLIR mode of the Leupold scope

-An Iron-sight when you use no scope

-More recoil. The actual recoil is good for lying on the ground (deployed bipod)

This is just my personal opinion. But keep it up, this is a damn good Mod. :)

PS: Yes, i used 1.4 ^^

Edited by B1n4ry

This is a really good mod. I like the Sound (Jarhead ftw :D) and the Model is pretty nice. ^^

But i have some suggestions which could be changed.

-There is a small texture bug when you use no Muzzle. (look at the barrel end in 3rd Person)

-I don't like the FLIR mode of the Leupold scope

-An Iron-sight when you use no scope

-More recoil. The actual recoil is good for lying on the ground (deployed bipod)

This is just my personal opinion. But keep it up, this is a damn good Mod. :)

PS: Yes, i used 1.4 ^^

Yeah I wouldn't say it needs more recoil, a little less imo.

Yeah I wouldn't say it needs more recoil, a little less imo.
this.. See my previous post as I have some time with the real life counterpart...

Nice mod, I like the nice quality of the model. It'd be cool if you add the Raufoss Mk 211 round, it's basically an armor piercing round that is incendiary/explodes on impact, it would be useful for heavily damaging vehicles.

he has added ''percing'' bullets which pretty much do what you have said, only diff is that they don't have the lil explosion on impact however still does close to what the real bullet does by actually

going through walls (As I have tested shooting the Enemys through concrete barriers etc in my missions), though maybe if he could add the incendiary to the ''percing bullets'' upon impact would be awesome!

this.. See my previous post as I have some time with the real life counterpart...

I'd definitely be listening to J_Thompson's comments as he knows how the gun handles in real life and as we want the gun in-game to simulate that of real life. :D

he has added ''percing'' bullets which pretty much do what you have said, only diff is that they don't have the lil explosion on impact however still does close to what the real bullet does by actually

going through walls (As I have tested shooting the Enemys through concrete barriers etc in my missions), though maybe if he could add the incendiary to the ''percing bullets'' upon impact would be awesome!

I'd definitely be listening to J_Thompson's comments as he knows how the gun handles in real life and as we want the gun in-game to simulate that of real life. :D

no problem, i will add explosive to piercing ammo,and also about recoil maybe i can put recoil values from GM6 lynx of Arma 3, i saw it in config files ...have also added new high poly lens and textures causes old one were bad

Edited by g00d69

Awesome can't wait for the update! Any chance you could make a mod to allow us to use the GM6 lynx? Like you did with the ghillie suits (which are awesome) I don't know if this is possible but thought it was

worth the try to see if your awesome skills could do it. :D thanks once again g00d69 for your awesome contributions to the game of Arma3!