The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

i got them spawning by making a chernarussian house 10m below each village

working on the factions now

then the animals

test mission is here (no mod changes) does require nimitz

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/test3.us101_Cao_Bang.pbo

also on our server GITS vietnam

basically spawns animals and russian civs at the moment

also 140 odd enemy groups on map plus 600+ traps to see how performance is affected

this is about as heavy as you'd ever want it...

here is a GREAT Vietnam special forces scene from a movie many of you may not of seen. SGT. Savage have you seen this?

rg1v9KZvzVU

here is a GREAT Vietnam special forces scene from a movie many of you may not of seen. SGT. Savage have you seen this?

What's the name of the movie?

Thanks

Well I broke the server i think. wouldn't recommend those entities lol

I sat in there for 5 hours while watching a movie etc. came back and the dedi box was up to 40% CPU and 3Gb RAM on that arma2 game...

FPS was ooh about 1.5.

What's the name of the movie?

Thanks

Hey nettrucker did you like those scenes? pretty cool eh

Well I broke the server i think. wouldn't recommend those entities lol

I sat in there for 5 hours while watching a movie etc. came back and the dedi box was up to 40% CPU and 3Gb RAM on that arma2 game...

FPS was ooh about 1.5.

Bugger!! :p

Is there any chance of getting the maps a bit better optimized? Been playing the MBG_Nam map with a perfect FPS and played some really good missions on it, but the other maps cause a lot of FPS lag whenever I play on them, some of the other people in my community have been having the same issue :(

What file did you disable the ai talking. So like when they see an a bad guy they will be like enemy 500 meters north. Because I would like to enable them.

Bugger!! :p

not to worry, this was much more stress than evolution causes, I wanted to see what would happen with:

140 groups of east units, each with approx. 12 men and a few statics/SAM's, some tanks etc

80 minefield spawners each spawning up to 40 traps each

32 village locations each spawning civs for passing players

ambient animals spawning approx. 4 groups of 5 animals around each player

plus the aircraft carrier and base (about 150 entities and 30 groups of AA defences)

this makes cao bang unplayable.

however, with about half the enemy troop count there was no lag whatsoever, so keeping enemy groups down to about 70 at any one time (and this can be done with a delete empty group script - which we use in evo) should sort it right out.

Is there any chance of getting the maps a bit better optimized? Been playing the MBG_Nam map with a perfect FPS and played some really good missions on it, but the other maps cause a lot of FPS lag whenever I play on them, some of the other people in my community have been having the same issue :(

They are optimised , some our maps are a lot bigger than MBG nam. I have posted many times till I'm blue in the face about this. A few pages back there was a video settings config I posted that will help.

What file did you disable the ai talking. So like when they see an a bad guy they will be like enemy 500 meters north. Because I would like to enable them.

I already answered this a few posts back. If you re enable it your gonna have the NVA/VC start talking russian again. And if you edit it you won't be able to play on public servers.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Here another video from our event:

we use headless client for optimizing performance. With headless client controlling the AI the players have much better overall performance.

Greetings

Desiderius

hey guys, whenever I launch Arma 2 CO Beta, I freeze when the UNSUNG cutscene kicks in on the main menu the bit where the music starts, I removed the mod and that intro is still in my game somehow :S any ideas/anyone got similar problem ?

my friend has the same problem as me

Hi, seems the Editor date goes back no further than 1985.

I've made a wild guess that the dates are only to make correct star constellation alignments for the night skies. Other than that, I really don't know why we bother with YEARS.

So that being the case, I'm doing a 1965 mission but it has to be dated 1985 because of Editor limitations. I assume this will NOT cause any unforeseen problems except for authenticity?

@Savage

a very very very good idea about to fix the reflex bug with the attack choppers would be adding a crosshair, just like the way it is on the cobra.

it is reliable in my test mission

i need to pad it out a little to bring in the other effects but the radio support works after respawn

just open my mission and look in mission, init and spawn

Cheers for that eggbeast, finally got a chance to test. Solves alot of headaches, thankyou.

Quick question, how dod you solve the RTO having 2 x Support Actions on mission start? As one gets added with the support module and the other with the spawn.sqf

can't recall how but i do recall seeing it

ok been testing a bit more, and have created a mission that:

showcases RTO, cao bang map and animals/civ modules

plus a tiny addon that expands my knife mod for unsung - as a ka-bar usmc combat knife and also enables the use of the bayonets in the unsung mod weapons (ak, ct56, sks).

demo mission with loads of enemy

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/cbtest8.us101_Cao_Bang.pbo

demo mission minimum enemies

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/cbtest7.us101_Cao_Bang.pbo

mod

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@Blazes_weapons.rar

we also use our own VC sound mod

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@RUG_DSAI_VC.rar

serverside mod

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@Blazes_weapons_server.rar

see what you think... all scripted, no messing with the core mod.

sav - would like to show you this to see if you want it configging into the unsung mod itself

also need to understand whats going on with AI voices - can't get yours to work yet

some shots:

fix bayonet action

fix_zps53bdb994.jpg

fix bayonet animation

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/fixed_zps05b5e97f.jpg (112 kB)

same animation for fold bayonet but both have different sounds

target acquisition with bayonet

bayo1_zps6bec40c0.jpg

bayonetting animation (and sound)

bayo2_zpsf8c2d2fe.jpg

stabbing with ka-bar (animation plus sound)

knife1_zps61972a96.jpg

throwing the ka-bar (goes onto corpse - but then currently lost in MP)

knife2_zps947d964a.jpg

Edited by eggbeast

@eggbeast,

Would you be willing to share your DSAI addon with the public and have it uploaded to Armaholic?

We've got about 5 guys working on a UNSUNG campaign.....La Drang to be exact in this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144822-SP-CAMP-CO-Real-World-Operations-(RWO)

And those voices sure would be nice......since unsung voices don't seem to be kicking in..........

There seems to be a problem with the sixupdater files. They are slightly different from the ones from armaholic. Some of them have another MD5.

As example the uns_air.pbo from sixupdater have 8b80495579f55f3c6b3fc25136d1f971 and the file from armaholic have 400596dc52f7bc683838a1820937974b. If I open these files the sixupdater file has a config that was changed 12.04.2013 08:49 and the armaholic as a config in it that was changed 12.04.2013 16:15.

So sixupdater files are outdated...:confused:

I'm working on my campaign too.

I'm not working with RWO as my missions are not based on real operations.

BTW, is it possible for you to update SEA map and delete/remove the choppers wreck in the base?

it's really weird to have them and really not logical...

Edited by Wiki

i want to work out how to get sav's dsai working mainly.

pickle made the vc one we use years ago (before these guys did theirs) but we used sounds from all over and pick didn't want to release it as his own work - some of it likely comes from movies and stuff. feel free to make use of it but i don't think we want to publish it as such.

can't recall how but i do recall seeing it

If it comes to mind mate, let me know.

Just trying to tie up all the little "niggles" on otherwise complete missions.

Gonna have a good look around your example missions, looks like some interesting reading :)

cheers

they're only testing different things, so not meant to be very playable, though we have been enjoying them.

some screenies of tonights action

nasty surprise from the vc -

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/bridge-2_zps0b62d55a.jpg (146 kB)

there was a dshkm and a squad on one side and loads of traps on the approaches both sides of the river

note to self bring bicycles next time

and here we are safely across (note our streetgang moored opposite)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/bridge2_zpsd44c3099.jpg (102 kB)

having a spot of lunch in the village

villge_zpsd0bd5401.jpg

and for dessert the lads had a lot of bayonet practice on the huts full of russian factory workers we found here

Edited by eggbeast

eggbeast can you please just release a simple mission here in the meantime? Im talking a helicopter landing our troops in the jungle, us going on a patrol, and finding vc and doing some recon, maybe even running into a few booby traps and civilians. is that too much to ask?