Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

thanks or this great mod but I already have @brg_africa and @MBG_Nam mods which seems are included in your mod in both palywithsix and armaholic servers, anyway for people who have already these mods to download your mod separately?

thanks

new version 2.6 is out in the next week or so, so you might want to wait anyway

not sure what to do with other versions of files as i only ever tested the mod with my installed version and updates we have made. try it and see i guess.

give nthe version differences though you may find it hard to connect to public servers when the new mod comes out, if you have your own versions of files which are released as part of our mod. i imagine getting only our versions (same with CBA) will be essential for you to play unsung... shortcuts in armaverse often fail badly.

damn, tought it would be sooner, but no problem, we been waiting for so long that a week or so wont matter:p glad to hear you guys finnaly see the light at the end of the tunnel. great respect for the unsung team on the new version!

GJ guys.

new version 2.6 is out in the next week or so, so you might want to wait anyway

not sure what to do with other versions of files as i only ever tested the mod with my installed version and updates we have made. try it and see i guess.

give nthe version differences though you may find it hard to connect to public servers when the new mod comes out, if you have your own versions of files which are released as part of our mod. i imagine getting only our versions (same with CBA) will be essential for you to play unsung... shortcuts in armaverse often fail badly.

you mean some mods which are included in your mod in pws have different version and function than same mod in separate page of pws???

yeah it's certainly possible i think. so it's up to you what you choose to download, but if you deviate from our suggested path, we won't enjoy trying to help you fix your broken game. e.g. say you use some mods you THINK are better versions, or decide not to run our suggested CBA version, then you come back saying hey guys in your mod all the bushes are white! or... hey guys why does this mod lag so much in MP?

well, we've seen this already in beta testing, so be prepared for problems if you go your own path.

all i'm really saying is that we can't easily help you fix your broken game if you don't follow our advice.

regarding pws, i have never used it and i never will, so i can't help you debug that sorry.

Hello could the author of the video tell me please how did you shoot from inside of the H1-H Huey ?

Thanks

Edited by jetherjr

Thanks for this amazing job,this mod is really beautifull :cheers:......But since i've install this mod, i've completly lost the original speech sound of arma 2 oa, no radio,no order ,no squad intels ,but only ambient squad speaking and vietnamese speech from the unsung mod, plus impossible to lock any target when using missiles in planes or choppers of the entire game.It's really disturbing.After download (for the first time), i've extracting the UNS 2.6 zip as usual and place the @UNS folder in my a2 folder (only 12 @mod within and no conflicts for now) and activate it via the extension menu in game, it work but with that speech and lock issues......any idea?

PLEASE HELP I REALLY LOVE THIS MOD!!!Thanks again and keep up the good work!:soldier:And sorry for my english.

Arma 2: Combined Operations compatibility MP patch (ACR lite) I play only in single player and make my own missions, do i need this? ( i got cba last version.)

Edited by pathaber

First off: Wrong thread, this the 2.5 release, search for the 2.6 release thread.

Your problem is that you want to lock with guided missiles such as Hellfires or what? In Unsung from what i`ve seen so far, there are non Air-Ground guided missiles, either FFAR or TV Guided.

I have used the help documents that come with the mod and for some reason when I place the support module and go in game as a radio operator the option never comes up for the radio. I have spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out how to get the radio to work to call in the air evac and cant figure it out. help pkz

plz use the 2.6 thread for those questions about the new version.

The support module its explained on the documentation as you say. If you don't get any action on your mousewheel menu, its that you dont have the correct radio, all UNS units that have RTO on their name include those radios by default, so either use one of those units or add the radio yourself( classname of the US one its "UNS_ItemRadio_PRC_25" ). For the evac specifically, as the doc says, just basically place a heli with crew, set it to unlocked and sync it to the UNS evac module.

I think we should close this old thread.