Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

Showmaker and I have had discussions about developing a PVP HUE style map .. But no promises yet, there's still a lot of work to do on the rest of the mod. ;)

Man that would be pure awesomeness. There was some really heavy fighting going on in HUE city during the Tet offensive. There are some great videos on you tube of the Hue battle. I saw everything I could find about it. Well I don't know how the citadel could be represented. It might need a special 3d model for that ancient palace. in any case if you pull that stunt off . . . that would be friggin' awesome.

cheers

As I stated if it eventuates it will a hue style map not Hue it self :/ the amount of time and effort to recreate Hue would push the mod back months something we not willing to do for a map just yet. Maybe one day we will try and do it. But not in this release :(

Yeah I thought that as well. To practically recreate Hue would be a task for a joint force of modelers apart from the terrain editing. In any case keep up the good work looking forward to your last ArmA 2 release. I guess you guys will move on to ArmA 3 now that it's released.

cheers

If any one have a Unsung mission to share please send them my way and i will try to put them up on the 27th MU Public Server. I will also try to fix any older broken mission that is out there using the obsolte uns_tracked.

Cheers

Grip

I'm a new player to ARMA 2 and I recently downloaded this mod. I think it really captures the Vietnam conflict with all the details. Just a few problems. When I start up Operation LowLands in Single Player I get this error. 'bin\config.bin\CfgMagazines.uns_m576vest'. And in-game when I'm trying to interact with villagers or do Spec Op missions back at the base, nothing happens. Also when trying to play the Armoury maps, it loads half way through and then stops. Are there any patches I need to download ? I copied the CBA_CO file on the first page into my ARMA 2 Arrowhead Folder. Am I doing something wrong ? Thanks.

dont worry about the vest ammo

I'd run it with this CBA

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/@CBA_unsung.rar

run all 3 in the modline

patch will fix some bugs, don't know about the campaign.

and lastly, try some of my missions here

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITS_Evolution_nam.rar

I'm a new player to ARMA 2 and I recently downloaded this mod. I think it really captures the Vietnam conflict with all the details. Just a few problems. When I start up Operation LowLands in Single Player I get this error. 'bin\config.bin\CfgMagazines.uns_m576vest'. And in-game when I'm trying to interact with villagers or do Spec Op missions back at the base, nothing happens. Also when trying to play the Armoury maps, it loads half way through and then stops. Are there any patches I need to download ? I copied the CBA_CO file on the first page into my ARMA 2 Arrowhead Folder. Am I doing something wrong ? Thanks.

A lot of older missions got broken by new patches. I'm not saying this is the case here but it could be. I hope you accept a humble advice . . . do not place third party addons in your original root addon folder. Search for an ArmA launcher you suits best and do a search on how to create a modfolder. This is very important when using 3rd party MODS. I have more than 60 GB of mods in

various Mod Folders located inside my ArmA root folder. You can imagine with all that stuff an ArmA Launcher comes in handy.

Do some search on these things and life gets a lot easier. Everything you need you can find here or on Armaholic.

In case you have question do always a search after 12 years everything has been discovered and shared somehow especialy knowledge on how to do things.

BTW welcome to the forum.

@ eggbeast

thanks downloaded as well.

cheers :)

yeah good advice there... health warning though - ive not looked at my older missions for a while

once 2.6 comes out ill be releasing fully updated evolution mp co-op nam for 4 maps.

ah ok thought youd been quiet

on it now

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

ok shoot man

Together with Kommiekat we made a mission pack for Unsung mod, more info here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168676-SP-UNSUNG-Vietnam-War-SP-Mission-Pack

Yeah, and if players like what we did, we can make more missions for the pack, provided that they do either the "banana" dance or "VC-Chicken" dance.

Don't know what that is? Ask SGT_Savage!

If this is in the wrong place I apologize but I have been having an issue with the M-113 APC and was wondering if anyone else had it. In the drivers section the view-ports cannot be seen through. To the sides they appear fogged and the front one is just a green brick. Also when I turn out the hatch I get a glitched view coming somewhere from inside the center of the vehicle. Other than those issues it is a spectacular mod and I would like to thank the Dev team for their work.

yeah the model has a problem - turning out now works perfectly though in 2.6

If this is in the wrong place I apologize but I have been having an issue with the M-113 APC and was wondering if anyone else had it. In the drivers section the view-ports cannot be seen through. To the sides they appear fogged and the front one is just a green brick. Also when I turn out the hatch I get a glitched view coming somewhere from inside the center of the vehicle. Other than those issues it is a spectacular mod and I would like to thank the Dev team for their work.

Its an old model issue , while as egg stated the turn out option has been fixed the internal view you reported is still the same but we will endeavour to fix it in 2.6 :)

thanks for sharing - that was great

if you're interested in combat photography in vietnam and elsewhere this is a MUST SEE documentary

https://www.facebook.com/pages/McCullin-Feature-Documentary-Film/131058970341083

cover pic (132kb)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/390606_131060440340936_504032688_n.jpg

Hey Guys,

Thank you for a beautiful mod and great games. Love the mod! So far Ive played a few single player missions as well as campaigns, but I have to ask this... It seems as though I cant throw my grenades.

Now mind you I play with ACE on. I remember it being an issue with I44, where if you had ACE on you couldn't use them. Im wondering is that a known issue ? I did skim through most the 60+ pages however I didn't see a mention of it perhaps I missed it.

In Six Updater, which is the way I launch, due to being a mission maker. ( I need it for other mods to be on Obviously.) Here is are the modsI have on, In order. Maybe it will help.

Preset -Unsung Mod Vietnam War

@ACE

@ACEX

@BRG Africa or African Foliage

@CBA

@CBA2

@CBA_OA

@JDG Carrier

@MBG vietnam

@Tigeria

@UNS

We tried to play with just UNS ace compact and removed all the above ACE from the list. However it says I needed UNS_weap. So I turned on UNS and UNS_ace compact. Anyways MBG Vietnam is in there for mission building purposes, as well as tigeria and JDG.

Although mainly I have them on as Xtra for a Nam campaign I was playing. When I have grenades on my person, I can press F and all it does is switch between Semi and Full auto. I can place satchels Via the ACE action menu, but I cant throw Grenades.

So anyone know if its a known problem? The handbook doesn't explain about any of this nor the what to launch with if you use the individual Exes such as UNS+ACE or the regular.

Lastly you can play upto 80 tracks. Does that pertain only to the RTO or can it be made to come from the base radios? EX: Pleitrap Valley Base camp some of the buildings have little radios by the bed. Just thought Id ask.

BTW Guys.

You did an Awesome Job designing those buildings! I mean Awesome! looks like you took them right out of a nam movie. Thanks for a BA Mod (UNSUNG TEAM) Great job. Great efforts. Nothing but love.

Edited by Eaglezero6205
Punctuation

it's very likely that ACE makes its own patched version of the weapon "throw" which unsung also patches.

the "throw" weapon lists all the potential grenades as "muzzles" - i imagine your version of ACE would not list our grenades.

i guess it needs a patch somewhere along the line, but i don't think anyone in our team actually uses ACE.

you're probably best to play unsung without ACE on.