Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

Well I think the wheels animate just because they are wheels. The gear animation that makes the shocks "extend" when taking off and "compress" when landing is based I believe on the AltRadar animation source. Plane goes over whatever the setting is and you have the illusion of the gear extending due to the lift of the airplane off the gear shocks. If you do it with the animation source it would puff every time it animates, meaning at take-off and at landing. Still not sure how that could be scripted, perhaps with an extended EH.

Website Designer Required

We are seeking the talents of someone who can help us showcase our latest equipment and create a new website for the unsung. Must be experienced in website design and able to use Java / Flash media Etc

If you are willing and have the skill set please PM me :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all I know we promised a WIP Report however there is just too much going on with the mod right now we really don't have time. Which is a good thing for all those waiting for out next release ;) So we thank you all for being patient and giving your support via all the PM's you sent the team. It means a lot and keeps us motivated so keep em coming.

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

sneak peek of pookies new F105 Thunderchief armed with vulcan cannon, FFARs and 12x mykes 750lb BLU1/B napalm canisters

f105cas-1_zpsddd4e835.jpg

and sitting in it ready to launch

f105_nape_zps2776945b.jpg

maiden sam hunting flight of a thud with wild weasel armaments

F105_WW_zps4bd81980.jpg

---------- Post added 10-21-2013 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-20-2013 at 11:00 PM ----------

air support at dusk

bill_strafes-1_zpse258df41.jpg

Well Christmas may be frustrating if you're trying to fly... still need to get the armor values for the Thud corrected. As-is, she is pretty fragile. Made my own Thud Alley doing some Air Defense testing this weekend :( Don't want them to be A-10 armored, but she's a little on the weak side. Plan to bump that up a notch :)

Well Christmas may be frustrating if you're trying to fly... still need to get the armor values for the Thud corrected. As-is, she is pretty fragile. Made my own Thud Alley doing some Air Defense testing this weekend :( Don't want them to be A-10 armored, but she's a little on the weak side. Plan to bump that up a notch :)

Default Armor values

Mi24 = 33 (have always felt this was too low)

MH60 = 35

AV8 = 40

F35B = 40

AH1 = 60

su34 = 60

L39 = 60

Ah64 = 60

Ka52 = 65

A10 = 75

Su25 = 75

A7 corsair = 40

F4 phantom = 40

F100 supersabre = 40

Mig17 = 40

Mig21 = 50

F105 thunderchief = 50

CH34 = 60

CH47 = 60

CH53 = 60

UH1 = 60

A1J skyraider = 70 (!)

E2 hawkeye = 80

csjAH1g = 200 (!)

im thinking:

reduce the base ah1g down to 60

inc the f105 to 60?

although... with my speed and envelope increases you might find it performs a lot better now against flak

we also need to set that zu23 battery on burst fire - as make76 said, they never fire them full auto - 3 round bursts max. he would know, having been a zu gunner in finland!

I'm sure you are aware of this anyway, but just in case:

The effective armor value is not just the 'Armor' entry in the config alone, it's just a part of the formula.

So, for example, having an armor value of 60 for all the transport helis only makes sense if they are roughly of the same size.

Great updates, keep it coming!

Cheers,

D.

Are there any plans to tweak/mod the AI for this? I'm struggling to stay alive against the Vietcong in v2.5, it's a bit frustrating... :pistols:

Great mod nonetheless, some wickid jungle and units! The SF guys really remind me of Vietcong (the game).

Hey people,

your work looks really great! I'm curious what new features and changes have been incorporated in the coming update 2.6.

greeting

Lets just say A LOT! :)

We are busy at the moment but will endeavour to make a WIP report soon.

it's a very long list

some of the sneak peeks give some of an idea

we're just alpha testing atm on a closed server

lots of wrinkles to iron out

but performance and immersion are tip top

to run a server with AI who think well but dont shoot like spec op snipers you can use a profile like this

note the values of precisionenemy/skillenemy

we tend to play on regular

class Difficulties
{
class Recruit
{
	class Flags
	{
		3rdPersonView=1;
		armor=0;
		autoAim=0;
		autoGuideAT=0;
		autoSpot=0;
		cameraShake=1;
		clockIndicator=1;
		deathMessages=1;
		enemyTag=0;
		friendlyTag=1;
		hud=1;
		hudGroupInfo=1;
		hudPerm=1;
		hudWp=1;
		hudWpPerm=1;
		map=0;
		netStats=1;
		tracers=0;
		ultraAI=0;
		unlimitedSaves=1;
		vonId=1;
		weaponCursor=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=1;
	precisionFriendly=1;
//		skillEnemy=0.2;
	skillEnemy=0.5;
	precisionEnemy=0.10000001;
};
class Regular
{
	class Flags
	{
		3rdPersonView=1;
		armor=0;
		autoAim=0;
		autoGuideAT=0;
		autoSpot=0;
		cameraShake=1;
		clockIndicator=1;
		deathMessages=1;
		enemyTag=0;
		friendlyTag=1;
		hud=1;
		hudGroupInfo=1;
		hudPerm=1;
		hudWp=1;
		hudWpPerm=1;
		map=0;
		netStats=1;
		tracers=0;
		ultraAI=0;
		unlimitedSaves=1;
		vonId=1;
		weaponCursor=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=1;
	precisionFriendly=1;
//		skillEnemy=0.5;
	skillEnemy=0.8;
	precisionEnemy=0.20499997;
};
class Veteran
{
	class Flags
	{
		3rdPersonView=1;
		armor=0;
		autoAim=0;
		autoGuideAT=0;
		autoSpot=0;
		cameraShake=1;
		clockIndicator=0;
		deathMessages=1;
		enemyTag=0;
		friendlyTag=0;
		hud=1;
		hudGroupInfo=1;
		hudPerm=1;
		hudWp=1;
		hudWpPerm=1;
		map=0;
		netStats=1;
		tracers=0;
		ultraAI=0;
		unlimitedSaves=1;
		vonId=1;
		weaponCursor=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=1;
	precisionFriendly=1;
//		skillEnemy=0.69999999;
	skillEnemy=0.9000001;
	precisionEnemy=0.30000001;
};
class Mercenary
{
	class Flags
	{
		3rdPersonView=0;
		armor=0;
		autoAim=0;
		autoGuideAT=0;
		autoSpot=0;
		cameraShake=1;
		clockIndicator=0;
		deathMessages=1;
		enemyTag=0;
		friendlyTag=0;
		hud=1;
		hudGroupInfo=1;
		hudPerm=1;
		hudWp=1;
		hudWpPerm=1;
		map=0;
		netStats=1;
		tracers=0;
		ultraAI=1;
		unlimitedSaves=1;
		vonID=1;
		weaponCursor=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=1;
	precisionFriendly=1;
	skillEnemy=1;
	precisionEnemy=0.50000001;
};
};
shadingQuality=7;
shadowQuality=3;
singleVoice=0;
maxSamplesPlayed=32;
activeKeys[]=
{
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty1",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty2",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty3",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty4",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty5",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty6",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty7",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty8",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty9",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty10",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty11",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty12",
"BIS_SOM_INFO_HINT_1",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty13",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty14",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty15",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty16",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty17",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty18",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty19",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty20",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty21",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty22",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty23",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty24",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty25"
};
sceneComplexity=300000;
viewDistance=1600;
terrainGrid=10;
volumeCD=6.5;
volumeFX=6.5;
volumeSpeech=6.5;
volumeVoN=6.5;
vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

In what way mate?

The usual with Arma 2 I guess, they can spot me from far away through jungle and generally shoot like guided missiles :638: but I've managed to lower the AI precision in my arma2oa profile to 25, it had somehow reset itself to 99.9... I think it was after installing the mod.

I have noticed that on some maps the AI don't see through the bushes as well as others, which helps.

I'd love some kind of userconfig where you can tweak the various skill values for the units, based on classes or something, similar to what ASR AI provides for the units it supports.

to run a server with AI who think well but dont shoot like spec op snipers you can use a profile like this

note the values of precisionenemy/skillenemy

we tend to play on regular

Thanks I'll try those values when I get a chance, I'm currently running the enemy on skill 1.0.

Btw exactly what version of Arma 2 is recommended for this mod? I'm running CO patched to 1.62~. Is this what 2.5 was made for? I'm using the standard Unsung shortcut so it's loading arma2oa.exe and not the beta, but I have the latest beta installed as well.

I'm also asking because I've had a few glitches, mainly on the Operation Warning Scenario where I loaded my saved game after having visited the village, my team command ability was replaced by some sort of global command where I could control the other 3 BluFor groups that landed at the LZ, I could just tell them where to go, they appeared as 3 blue boxes representing their groups and I could see them on the map as blue boxes, enemy they spotted would also appear in smaller red boxed markers. This seems like some kind script or module that ran but I could not get out of it. Even the choppers appeared the same way on the map.

Sorry if it sounds noobish, it may be something well known or maybe it was supposed to be like that, just odd how it appeared and only after loading the save. I'm kind of new to Arma 2 but not new to BIS games, played Operation Flahspoint and Arma 1 plenty in their hay day.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Cheers

precision in my arma2oa profile to 25

wow, i think arma2 uses 0-1 as parameters.

anything over 0.3 theyre terminators

I cant help with SP sorry - never played it. others will know i hope

I just don't get how this mod is so popular and liked, the quality of this mod is really disappointing for me, sorry. After testing single units in editor, I thought, that must be all about awesome missions or campaign, but there is not even single mission. Disappointed. It looks like OFP mod, sounds even worse.

Hehe .25 I meant :581:

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

I just don't get how this mod is so popular and liked, the quality of this mod is really disappointing for me, sorry. After testing single units in editor, I thought, that must be all about awesome missions or campaign, but there is not even single mission. Disappointed. It looks like OFP mod, sounds even worse.

Don't be a Victor Charlie, there are single player missions under 'scenarios'. Not a lot but enough to get a feel. Online play I guess is where it's at and building your own missions, once again, best for online with real team mates. The islands aren't the best but you must remember that there are object count limits and creating fully unique dense jungle on a decent sized map is nearly impossible, especially with the polygons to boot! You can largely blame the game engine. I'm sure these maps come a ways back as well, not easy creating fresh new maps for each new game 'version' release.

The units/troopers imho look great, some vehicles a bit lacking but hardly enough for me to complain.

A mod like this depends largely on your imagination, respect for the modders and the game that has been provided to us by BI, sounds lame but that's the way it is. This mod makes me relive some Vietcong and BF Vietnam :bb:

typical to our Polish community, heh, because there is YAC work inside is not liked ? heh, if Unsung models look like OFP ... http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/news/pics1/sheridan1.jpg http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/sabretron/arma2oa2010-11-0117-49-47-21.jpg

they either you downloaded wrong mod or... at least something wrong with monitor

LowFlyZone - it is typical for my countrymen, thats why i do not post on our own forums where you can only hear that everything is crap ;)

napewno ściągnąłeś Unsung a nie inny mod ? bo są 2

There are missions and I also created a campaign, so search before posting.

Well i only played in coop' missions (especially with <BoB>'s) and it was nearly orgasmic, never feel such a tension in a FPS while patrolling or ambushing in the jungle. Since i've played this mod in coop', i never played bf3 again and refuse to take bf4 even to play with my clanmates 'cause it's absolutely tasteless now. I can't imagine another game/mod that bring me what i feel on those few (and too rare) occasions.

You sure your looking at the Unsung mod version 2.5 ?

It sounds like you downloaded the wrong mod :icon_rolleyes:

Well i only played in coop' missions (especially with <BoB>'s) and it was nearly orgasmic,I can't imagine another game/mod that bring me what i feel on those few (and too rare) occasions.

Its only gonna get better in 2.6 ;) some really nice stuff going in this time around :)

Thanks for the kind words

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Please provide constructive feedback. "It sucks" doesn't help us make it better.