Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

can you make the second seat work like Ap's A6?
D = 1 seater. Not planning on the 2-seat F-model (yet... maybe... you know how it is).
suggest you get theuns_missilebox from sav or me and use it to arm the beast
Thanks, that will work. I'll send you a pm...

ah rgr just replied to your pm - ignore me jabbering about the 2 seater... happy to talk weapon loadouts though in ts and test privately on our server

OK... looked at the F-model. Wasn't too hard to import the mesh. Maybe I'll add the F- model after all :)

105Fmodelbeta.jpg

All the axis points, etc. are out of whack due to the location differences between the two models. So it will take a bit of tweaking to get it right... so no ETA on the F- model! ;)

The D- model is pretty much feature-complete. I just finished up tweaking the faces to fix all the weird texture issues. Texture sets are completely interchangeable and there are Clan textures as well. I did a bit of massaging with the cockpit gauges - as close as I can make it with the current animation sources. I also added a few little features and affectations - muzzle blast is animated, refuel boom is animated (with a memory point for in-flight refueling) among other things. It looks really good now if I do say so myself :)

Edited by hcpookie

I agree, I took it for a test flight today. The screenshots here don't do it justice :) Pookie has done an awesome job with this bird!!!

BTW Eggs gonna shit when he sees you making a F model :D ....

Also we are looking for an American voice actor to do some lines for us for our custom radio interface. We would prefer someone with a deeper voice and can record a dialogue of a few sentences. Please PM me if you want to help out :)

For those who might of noticed there has been a lack of progress updates. We all been busy sorting out bugs/ Issues with the mod

But as soon as I get a chance I will post another WIP update for 2.6 ... And guys let me tell you its gonna be another big release with even more eye candy and kick ass in game features and content so stay tuned ;)

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Hey egg, your inbox is full! I guess I spammed you too much LOL Check the latest version, same download as before but with the fixes and new stuff. D is "done" unless someone finds another issue...

ah ok - can you look me up on steam/ts? would be goodto have a quick pow-wow

been playing since sun rose on the server this morning

awesome atmospherics

delivering support into FOB GITS in Cao Bang South

billch47-1_zpsd7892f51.jpg

Supersabre flying CAP limping home dogged by bandits - managed to rearm and repair and dodge their strafing runs to take off again and shoot them all downpests-1_zps65fe2aab.jpg

@ Eggbeast - Man, I'd hate to be that Super Sabre pilot, leaking hydraulics, losing power, and still being chased by NVAF Mig-15's and 21's!

@ The Unsung Team - It's great to see so many new aircrafts joining the fray. The Thuds look awesome, and with A-6's coming out, might even be able to make a "Flight of the Intruder" mission to bomb SAM City or something haha. Could I ask if the new planes would be available to call for CAS using the Unsung Support Module, adding on the list of F-4's F-100's and A-1E's?

Very much looking forward to Unsung 2.6! (and Unsung ARMA 3 when work begins on that!)

Damian

Could I ask if the new planes would be available to call for CAS using the Unsung Support Module, adding on the list of F-4's F-100's and A-1E's?

Hmm dunno if that will work , have to run it by Columdrum

Very much looking forward to Unsung 2.6! (and Unsung ARMA 3 when work begins on that!)

After well deserved break at least :)

A6 Intruder taking on an NVA shilka with a GBU8 HOBOS guided bomb

gbu8-6_zps260b20d9.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

close up of the GBU8 seeker cone

gbu8-2_zps77c938f5.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

A6 Intruder trialing new clustermines

cbu24-1_zpscb611e2a.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

F4 in Wild Weasel role - firing AGM45 Shrike at NVA Air Defence Radar

f4_shrike-5_zps285e5054.jpg

Intruder is looking good! The poor guy with that huge loadout would have a hard time taking off LOL

The F-105 F model is nearly complete. Most of it was copy/paste from the D model so I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it came together.

Ran into a strange problem with the machine gun animation not working correctly. Hopefully will finish up today. That's literally the last thing I need to finish this puppy and let the config guys have a crack at the loadouts :)

Egg, I have been too busy to ping you - When I get some free time today I'll see if you're around.

Can't remember; but wasn't there someone who was working on an unsung campaign?

Although I'm more of a ground pounder in-game and in real life, those jets sure look sweet! Might just make some "zoomie" missions with these, provided I can land a jet first haha.

we have the mk22 in our cao bang mission but it requires RH_de mod

Those jets look so awesome guys, cant wait to fly them!

Hows the Hawkeye going?

In game and working well :)

Its heading to the paint shop shortly hopefully for some new decals and badging courtesy of our good friend brainbug ;)

Do you actually have Air Defence Radar in your mod? If not you could ask Hand of MoscoW for his "Bar Lock" or "Odd Pair" radars.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15927

Already asked if he could make a Fan Song radar array for the Sa2 Sam launcher , unfortunately the answer was no :(

There's no real use that I can think of for these arrays except for eye candy?

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Already asked if he could make a Fan Song radar array for the Sa2 Sam launcher , unfortunately the answer was no :(

Citizensnip is making something that looks like another SAM radar. Dont think its a Fan Song though. http://i022.radikal.ru/1303/63/aac1fb86edd5.jpg

If you have a bit of time you could create a SON-9 "Fire Can" radar. Its just a box on wheels with a parabolic antenna on top. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/Equipment-hatzerim-4-1.jpg. Was still the most widespread radar in use at that time, even though it only guided AAA guns.

Well SAM radars dont work in ArmA of course. But they were like THE target in air raid missions, Wild Weasel and all. Would be a shame if they would be missing. Oh and someone actually was able to find a use for them. The 9S1 radar apparently boosts aquisition range for the SA-6 addon. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13860&highlight=RADAR

I have some idea: combine the models of radar and missile launcher by some invisible structure, place the crew in the radar. Another way is to prohibit fire by launcher without radar being placed at the given distance (if I'm not mistaken this has been done this way in SA-6 addon).

About the SAM thing - yes you can actually script to disable them but it isn't the best solution. I did this for my 1S91 radar (ported from A1).

You need to add the group of SAMs to the radar vehicle. As a group, you script a command to disable the AI and set their behavior, set captive, etc... all the stuff you need to do to basically make them "stupid" so they will no longer shoot missiles. Then and ONLY THEN will the radar actually be useful, and of course so will Wild Weasel missions against them :)

Problem is that the radars and SAM's don't engage at long enough ranges for it to be effective. You can drop your bombs WAAAAYY before the AI shoots back. However it is a start I guess. You must group them, so you need to have the mission makers do their part for the scripts to work correctly. Otherwise you're only blowing up the radar vehicle.

If you want to see what I did with the 1S91 scripting you can look here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?116809-1S91-Fire-Control-Radar

Have to set up a trigger. Haven't looked at that since 2011... thinking out loud.... You could make the unit have a "KILLED" EventHandler to eliminate the trigger issue. Then make a cfgGroups GROUP of the SAMS + Radar to allow scripted mission builds to have SAM sites appear as they do in Evolution missions. Presto, "SAM-in-a-box" LOL

Edited by hcpookie

It has been discussed by Egg and myself regarding the radar , it is on his list of things to do ;)

I scripted a similar feature for the 2K11 Krug years back.

I solved the range issue by 'revealing' all suitable targets to the launchers as long as the radar unit was active.

Worked like a charm back then, though I haven't checked those scripts since.

Nice additions, looking forward to the next update :)

Cheers,

D.