Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

Uhm. Questions. They say it's possible to use Unsung together with ACRE, but when I use ACRE, it shows an errormessage uns_radio not found or something like that. Does anybody here have a solution for that problem? :/

When we released 2.5 we stated that unsung has not been fully tested with acre or ace and may have issues. We will endeavour to address this issue in the next release

Thx. Good news. We'll need it for an upcoming series of coop events in our community.

It has been discussed before a few posts back, if you want to have that feature enabled you need to delete the listing in uns_main but if you do you won't be able to play on severs that have server keys running if you do that.

Sav

Thanks, Sav. I found these two posts:

Guys please read the release notes that installed with the mod it will tell you the reason you not hearing the DSAI . Its in your root dir called unsung 2.5 release notes & Eula.

ad

If you re enable it your gonna have the NVA/VC start talking russian again. And if you edit it you won't be able to play on public servers.

Re the first one: I have neither the EULA nor release notes in my ArmA directory. I made a second install into a different (sub) directory and still no sign of them. Agent Ransack finds the term "Eula" in one of the install files, but not the phrase "release notes". Are the release notes available somewhere else? (FYI, I downloaded about a week before my first post, from Armaholic link #2).

As for the second: an edited file for SP could be switched for the original uns_main.pbo when SP is wanted, and vice-versa for MP. Not ideal but workable. As I only play SP as yet, not an issue for me.

As it seems that you intend at least a patch, maybe you might consider something more along the lines that HIP used? - they included kju's "DisabledAIVoices_Gameplay_C_PvPscene" and "DisabledBasicConversationsForAnyUnit_Gameplay_C_PvPscene" addons, and Knoploeg's excellent sound mod replaces Russian with Japanese voices. Restoring teammate's voice messages for SP just requires moving the PvP... files into a storage subfolder (well, at least for playing the US side - haven't tried the IJA yet).

As a novice coder I must confess I have no idea how much work such changes would entail.

Already planning my first UNS SP mission :)

Cheers

Orc

I found it incredibly hilarious using Invasion 1944 with this mod enabled and having all of my German soldiers speaking like they are Vietnamese.

Thanks, Sav. I found these two posts:

Guys please read the release notes that installed with the mod it will tell you the reason you not hearing the DSAI . Its in your root dir called unsung 2.5 release notes & Eula.

ad

If you re enable it your gonna have the NVA/VC start talking russian again. And if you edit it you won't be able to play on public servers.

Re the first one: I have neither the EULA nor release notes in my ArmA directory. I made a second install into a different (sub) directory and still no sign of them. Agent Ransack finds the term "Eula" in one of the install files, but not the phrase "release notes". Are the release notes available somewhere else? (FYI, I downloaded about a week before my first post, from Armaholic link #2).

As for the second: an edited file for SP could be switched for the original uns_main.pbo when SP is wanted, and vice-versa for MP. Not ideal but workable. As I only play SP as yet, not an issue for me.

As it seems that you intend at least a patch, maybe you might consider something more along the lines that HIP used? - they included kju's "DisabledAIVoices_Gameplay_C_PvPscene" and "DisabledBasicConversationsForAnyUnit_Gameplay_C_PvPscene" addons, and Knoploeg's excellent sound mod replaces Russian with Japanese voices. Restoring teammate's voice messages for SP just requires moving the PvP... files into a storage subfolder (well, at least for playing the US side - haven't tried the IJA yet).

As a novice coder I must confess I have no idea how much work such changes would entail.

Already planning my first UNS SP mission :)

Cheers

Orc

I just realised the release notes didn't make it in the installer :O .....We will fix it in the next patch

In relation to the AI speech , the whole reason it was removed is to get rid of that robotic chatter and was coded accordingly. If we have time we will look at restoring it for those who want it , but no guarantees.

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

I found it incredibly hilarious using Invasion 1944 with this mod enabled and having all of my German soldiers speaking like they are Vietnamese.

Bilingual Nazis ? That's funny :D

That's why its best to run mods separate from one and another ;)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

ANNOUNCEMENT!

We are currently looking for a new Modeler and new Texture Artist for our team!

If you feel that you have what's required, then feel free to contact Sgt Savage or any of the other team-members through BIS Forums or Skype!

We hope to hear from you!

/UNSUNG TEAM

I just realised the release notes didn't make it in the installer :O .....We will fix it in the next patch

In relation to the AI speech , the whole reason it was removed is to get rid of that robotic chatter and was coded accordingly. If we have time we will look at restoring it for those who want it , but no guarantees.

Ok, thanks Sav,

Well, I'm thinking that Radio Discipline by Lamandus or the deveopment of that, Streamlined Radio by dDefinder, should be able to stop the crap but leave useful messages. I could have a go at editing the uns_main.pbo and try it out (for my own SP only, ofc).

A few bugs - in the spoiler to limit post visible length:

No skeleton given for uns_buildings\west_buildings\uns_signaltower.p3d destruction

Warning: Unaccessible ladder point for AI (already used for actionend1) in uns_buildings\west_buildings\uns_hootche.p3d

Strange convex component03 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component04 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component05 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component06 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component03 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometryFire

Strange convex component04 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometryFire

Strange convex component05 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometryFire

Strange convex component06 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometryFire

Strange convex component03 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component04 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component05 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component06 in uns_ksobjects\uns_covering2.p3d:geometryView

Cannot load sound 'uns_weap\rpd\rpd_firev2_11shot.wss'

Looking forward to the update. Any guesstimate on time-frame?

Cheers

Orc

Hmmmm, we were aware of the object geo errors but the sounds that's a new one. I will have a look at it when I get a chance.

In regards to 2.6 can't say , won't say yet :) ... things are progressing really well. Hopefully a video showcase will be released with all the fixed and new equipment added since 2.5 soon.

Sav

Yes, just like Sgt Savage said, there will be a Showcase Trailer for 2.6!

Im currently working on it, so stay tuned boys and girls.

/Arclight

"Strange convex component03..."

Experienced that myself. The Geo LODs must have all convex pieces. If you try to convex a very detailed part, it will spawn this error. Best to reduce the poly count to be a more simple geometry part (e.g. make it a simple rectangle) or fill in an area like a cockpit section so that it is convex. Usually just combining points of that part will be enough to do the trick. Then perform a "Component Convex" action vs. just "Convex"... this seems to work better for me. If you look at the sample models you'll see most of the fire geo stuff is just a collection of rectangles.

hth

Yes, just like Sgt Savage said, there will be a Showcase Trailer for 2.6!

Im currently working on it, so stay tuned boys and girls.

/Arclight

Brilliant. Looking forward to it :)

Just played nettrucker's campaign (excellent, especially the rescue) and appreciate even more the hard work that went into this mod.

Planning 2 linked SP missions based on the Dac To account in the manual (bit OT, but I read a very good novel about the Vietnam war last year - title began with "M" but can't remember the rest; the broad picture seems to be based on that sequence of engagements).

Re SP: I edited the main.pbo. RU voices still inactive. Modern US troops speak as do KSK, but UNS units do not not (neither US nor NVA nor VC). Odd. Any idea why not? Are the units "linked" (or whatever) to any specific set of sounds / text words? (sorry, I have never got into modelling so have no idea how / where that is configured).

Experienced Mission Makers Needed SP & MP

Hi guys!! We have 2 positions open for experienced mission makers to join the team for our 2.6 release. Must be fully versed in making SP & MP missions. Able to create missions with active dialogue and skills in scripting. We have an experienced cutscene producer that can assist you if needed. Missions will be based purely on the unsung mod no third party addons.

*PLEASE NO TIME WASTERS, ONLY THOSE WHO ARE ABLE TO COMPLETE THEIR WORK AND REMAIN ACTIVE IN THE TEAM WILL BE CONSIDERED.*

If you feel this is you and want to join a close knit team of 10 other nam nuts, don't mind the smell of stale beer, purple haze and 60's profanity :o then please PM Me or Arclight and remember to include a video of your previous work in action. Sending links to missions won't be sufficient since we really don't have the time to download required addons sorry :(

Better still if inspiration strikes make a video using unsung 2.5 !!! :p

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Everything that was released in 2.5 and new content of 2.6 can be used :)

Please, do someone know about digging animation? (with spade or pick for example) i was searching in animation viewer at BI wiki, everywhere on internet. You are my last chance. I have seen this animation in one video on youtube already, but this i cant find too :-(... i exactly know it was video with unsung mod thats why im trying here. so if someone know pm me please..

If you referring to the video with the scene with the villagers in the rice paddy , putting rice into a basket , it just the first aid animation.

Sav

If you referring to the video with the scene with the villagers in the rice paddy , putting rice into a basket , it just the first aid animation.

Sav

could you send link to pm please?

Unsung 2.6 wip report

Ok time for a update. The team have been really busy the last few months , ironing out bugs and adding more content.There is a lot of new developments and enhancements going into 2.6, with the help of some well known community members we have made a lot of progress solved a lot more issues. The release date has not set but stay tuned for more updates and news from the team.

Anyway here are some of the highlights of our next release.

A6-A intruder by our good friend Aplion and E2-B Hawkeye from the Operation frenchpoint mod , converted to B model by HC Pookie *note the 4 prop system

http://imageshack.us/a/img109/6476/lj87.jpg (199 kB)

http://imageshack.us/a/img16/6334/gp7t.jpg (202 kB)

http://imageshack.us/a/img839/517/lltm.jpg (198 kB)

http://imageshack.us/a/img153/3643/4h72.jpg (244 kB)

And here's some new sampans for the rivers by Hcpookie

http://imageshack.us/a/img694/6646/f1hb.jpg (384 kB)

http://imageshack.us/a/img580/64/6t6o.jpg (325 kB)

More news soon

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Those look absolutely stunning :pc:

Superb work, look forward to seeing them in action.

Infiltration missions via sampan - mmm.

Though I hope these don't leak as badly as the one in which I nearly didn't cross Tonle Sap a few years ago (you really don't want to swallow any of that water :eek:).

UNSUNG is a delight to play. The AI have very little trouble moving through the vegetation (though due to the engine limitation, find a lot of the slopes too steep)

& the view-blocking on the undergrowth seems excellent.

One suggestion re load-outs: M60 MG units get just 3 x 100 round mags, which was likely the standard loadout. However AIUI most or even all of his squadmates would have

carried a belt for the M60; it was too important a weapon to allow it rapidly to run out of ammo. Could some of the default loadouts be changed to reflect this?