Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 2.5 Released

Ah yes! And that other screenshot clearly shows the side of his wingman's bird too... looks like he has all sorts of tricks up his sleeve! :D

Ok, so we can all agree its not an A6 then? Good.

Is it possible to limit the types of arty support available, for example, to only have 105mm guns?

Thunderchief has no wing fences.
Ok, so we can all agree its not an A6 then? Good.

Well, looking at that photo we can agree that it's not A6 for sure :p

I eat Mig17's for breakfast, wing fences an' all... in fact I may just pop on the server and have a couple with my muesli...

Hi guys

Congratulations to the team for an outstanding mod. Excellent work, I'm greatly looking forward to making some SP missions for it.

Preparing for those, I've put together a set of spreadsheet with details of all the vehicles and men. I used Cyborg11's very useful ShowClass script to pull out the loadouts, etc., for the individual units plus details of a couple of units that are missing from published lists. If there's any interest I am happy to share them.

I'll be putting together configs for both HAC & DAC, will post those in the relevant threads when ready with a heads-up here.

Cheers

Orc

PS is there a buglist somewhere? - I encountered some config errors, e.g. the config for unit uns_lrrp_10h has no entry for the weapon (CT 56).

O.

is there a buglist somewhere? - I encountered some config errors, e.g. the config for unit uns_lrrp_10h has no entry for the weapon (CT 56).

O.

Generally if you mention it here we will review and fix accordingly. However we are not aware of that config issue , is it one that pops up on the screen when you run the mod?

Sav

Generally if you mention it here we will review and fix accordingly. However we are not aware of that config issue , is it one that pops up on the screen when you run the mod?

Sav

Placing the LRRP "Soldier 3 (CT56)" in the editor throws up the in-game error box with "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.uns_ct65'."

The numbers have been reversed & so the unit has no rifle.

Unit details & default loadout in the Editor:

Editor name: Soldier 3 - CT56

Classname: uns_lrrp_10

Weapon: []

Magazines: ["uns_ct56mag","uns_ct56mag","uns_ct56mag","uns_ct56mag","uns_ct56mag","uns_ct56mag","uns_ct56mag","uns_ct56mag","uns_ct56mag","uns_m67gren","uns_m67gren","SmokeShellGreen"]

Items: ["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch"]

Not a major issue, other units available with identical kit.

I'll post some RPT log extracts over the weekend for any other bugs I find. Nothing major, despite the size of this mod it throws very few error/warning messages.

Cheers

Orc

Oh yeah I see it now , ok will fix in the next release ;) Good catch there

Sav

EDIT : Ok Fixed, Found the issue the weapon name was CT65 not 56 in that line :P All working now thanks again.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Cool :)

One issue wrt SP - team voices seem to be inactivated in all the SP missions. I unpacked a few & while some had ""BIS_noCoreConversations, true" in the init others did not. Remming out those lines didn't seem to restore vocal messages, only text. Is removal of one's team-mates reports & alerts intrinsic to UNSUNG? I can understand that AI chatter could be distracting in MP, but in SP I think most players rely to a greater or lesser extent on reports such as "Enemy at...", "Out of ammo!" or "Wounded!", especially if playing as team leader. Is it possible to restore the standard sounf messages, & of so, how?

TIA

Orc

isn't it a module placed in the mission editor that makes them silent? or is it lack of radios in their personal kit?

Cool :)

One issue wrt SP - team voices seem to be inactivated in all the SP missions. I unpacked a few & while some had ""BIS_noCoreConversations, true" in the init others did not. Remming out those lines didn't seem to restore vocal messages, only text. Is removal of one's team-mates reports & alerts intrinsic to UNSUNG? I can understand that AI chatter could be distracting in MP, but in SP I think most players rely to a greater or lesser extent on reports such as "Enemy at...", "Out of ammo!" or "Wounded!", especially if playing as team leader. Is it possible to restore the standard sounf messages, & of so, how?

TIA

Orc

It has been discussed before a few posts back, if you want to have that feature enabled you need to delete the listing in uns_main but if you do you won't be able to play on severs that have server keys running if you do that.

Sav

Just downloaded, looking very good. Well done on all the hard work so far.

Couple of things I've noticed, really just nitpicks. The Stoner 63 model has the 150 round drum, but is presently being used with 100 round belts, and the M16A1 and carbine models have a brass deflector bump that is not present on the actual weapons (it was part of the A2 and C7 upper receivers, not the A1 and earlier).

Keep up the good work, I'm very impressed.

Thanks we are aware of the M16, there are a lot of minor issues with our weapons we will correct in Arma 3.

We have a host of new stuff coming up in 2.6!! thanks to well know community members whom without them we couldn't have fixed the issues faced in 2.5 .. A list of new addons and enhancements will be posted soon.

Calm before the storm ;)